4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 11-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Anyone Got Super Glue??????

Dae Lynn called for me to babysit Karlie because she had to work this morning too. Not exactly what I wanted to do with a day all to myself but I don't mind because she is a sweet little girl. This morning though I came into the office to pay some bills and left her in the living room watching tv. We had just pulled the little rocking chair out so she could sit in it and not be too close to the screen. I no more got settled in the office when I heard a crash!!!! Karlie had rocked too hard and her and the chair fell onto the bottom glass on my glass coffee table......You guess it.......it's broken. I'm really glad that she wasn't hurt and that was my first concern. But I'm just sick because I really liked the table and it had been a friends. I tried not to get really upset because Karlie was already upset and crying over it. I checked in the phone book and there are some companies that replace glass in tables so I think that Monday I'll contact them. I sure hope that it's not too expensive. I'm just sick.......

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
pope1982

Oh, I am sorry this happened to your beloved table Diana (((((hugs)))))) I am glad she is okay, but I understand what you are going through. I get really sentimentally attached to some things!
pope1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I hope you can find someone to replace the glass for a good price! lol this reminds me of when I was little and I looooooved anything glass, and I always tried to convince my parents to buy glass tables and my mom's answer was always "No, you or your brother will break it"

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Diana how terrible! I get attached to some pieces too, if they were a friends, family. Of course we don't ever want anything to happen to a loved one and their well being comes first, but I do understand. I'm sure one of those glass companies will be able to fix it. You can also get an estimate at some of the hardware stores. I really don't think it will be too expensive a fix.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #5
DianaB

I felt so bad because I was really upset with her after it happened and she knew it so she was crying, more from being afraid of what I would do to her. After a couple of minutes I calmed down and assured her that I knew that it was an accident. I haven't even tried to clean it up yet. The table is so heavy and I'm just not ready to face it yet. Dae Lynn was upset when she saw it but after she found out what had happened she realized that it was just an accident. I sure hope that I can get it fixed for not too much. It was an expensive table when my friend bought it but I didn't give too much for it when I bought it from her. I could always have an oak base put on it if glass is too expensive, I guess.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 11-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #6
Janet

Let us know what you find out will you? For some reason, I just don't think it will be that expensive and still, wouldn't it be worth it to have it back to original condition if it doesn't cost more than it's worth?

You've got me thinking now....I have my husbands grandmothers coffee table out in our garage attic. It has a glass top on it...I may have to bring it back into the house. I got a little tired of it, but now I'm thinking to try it again.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #7
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

I am glad she is ok! I am sure that one of the glass companies can replace it for you.

OK Yorkie Rescue-Another Chance at Love
goofywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #8
Tiramisu

Sorry about the sentimental accident.

Today, my 14 month old g-daughter, Sarah, broke one of the porcelain dolls my Sis made me around 25 years ago. I had two of them in the little rocking chair that was mine (57 years ago) and she got hold of his leg and pulled before I could get to him. She wanted to sit in the chair.

My son was upset, so I had to remind him how we do things here. He quickly remembered that the doll was my responsibility as well as teaching children right and wrong.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #9
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

So sorry to hear about your table, but so glad that Karlie is okay. A man in our area died because he tripped and fell through the glass in the top of his coffee table. His wife called 911, but his cuts were so severe that they did not make it in time.

Kinda scary. We have a large square glass wood and wought iron coffee table. Makes you wonder just how safe are they?

Sooooo glad it's just broken glass. Hopefully the fix will not be too expensive. If the glass is not beveled on the edges, it should not be too bad. Beveled glass, however is expensive.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #10
DianaB

Glen's got my camera for this weekend but here's the pictures of my home and you can see the table right in front of the couch.

http://www.4womentalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3413

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 05:18 AM   #11
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Diana, that's a very nice table. The glass edges look rounded, not beveled, but the glass is thick. It may not cost too much. Fingers are crossed that it won't!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:32 AM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I hope you can get it fixed easily.

I wanted a glass top dining table, but my daughter reminded me that I have 3 grandchildren and that it wouldn't last. She was also afraid it would be dangerous. Actually, my old round kitchen table fits in great.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #13
Janet

Diana that table is nice, no wonder you were upset. I'll keep my fingers crossed it will be an inexpensive fix.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #14
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Diana that table is really nice, I hope it won't cost to much to fix it. Thank God your granddaughter was not hurt.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #15
2tiredmom

WOW.... What a beautiful home. How did I miss those pics. In my house nothing matches. Good luck with the Glass. Hope you can get one to replace it.