4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > 4WT Recipes

Old 11-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Crock Pot Girls

I know a few of you check that site out. It has a lot of really good recipes on there. I'm anxious to try some more. So far I've just done some spare ribs, pork chops, cubed steak (that was soooo tender). I think I'm just going to start picking a recipe a week or maybe two and see what new dishes I can fix. Since I don't like to cook, I'm hoping this will help me fix better meals.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I've been using several of the recipes. I like to cook in the crock pot since I work all day. There are some good recipes. I've made up a couple of my own too!
Old 11-24-2011, 04:14 AM   #3
Janet

It's time to share! I haven't made up any of mine own....lol...probably would be a waste of food.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, I'm making YOUR crockpot dressing today - I've made it every year since you posted it here on 4WT. I LOVE It.

I will post my recipe - it's just a green chili soup - kinda like tortilla soup, but I like it better.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
Janet

Isn't it just the best? Rick wanted me to fix it for today, but I just didn't get motivated to even get to the store. So our stuffing will be Stove Top this year. Maybe I'll fix it for Christmas dinner. I'm so glad you like it too.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I like that site! I haven't used my crock pot lately, but I used it a lot this summer when it was too hot to turn on the oven
Old 11-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I just found your crock pot dressing recipe, Janet. I have to make dressing tomorrow for Saturday, and I wish I could make it, but I have to have enough for 12 with plenty leftovers I'm going to make it for Mike and me soon. Do you use white bread?
Old 11-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Betsi, I made it with half white bread and half corn bread.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:52 AM   #9
Janet

I've always used white bread but I really don't think it matters that much.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #10
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Ok that sounds yummy but I don't even have a crock pot
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
Ok that sounds yummy but I don't even have a crock pot
They are so good to have Jessica - not expensive at all and you can cook something all day and have it done when you get home! I love mine. I'm boiling my turkey carcass to make yummy broth, then tomorrow I'm cooking turkey soup in my crockpot!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #12
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
They are so good to have Jessica - not expensive at all and you can cook something all day and have it done when you get home! I love mine. I'm boiling my turkey carcass to make yummy broth, then tomorrow I'm cooking turkey soup in my crockpot!
Ok so I always wanted a food processor and now I can add a crockpot to my list. So is their a thread in here with recipes if I'm understanding correctly
Old 11-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #13
Janet

Here is the website, they are also on Facebook.

http://crockpotgirls.com/

Lots of good recipes I'm really wanting to try. Definitely get a crockpot, or ask for one for Christmas. Depending on where you get them and what features you can get them for less than $25.00. I think the basic one is around $10.00.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #14
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Oh WOW. you just throw the ingredients and walk away

Now that's what I'm talking about.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #15
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I made my crock pot soup tonight so here's what I did (don't really have a recipe, per se, and you could put most anything in this soup and I think it would be good).

I love green chilies, so I used lots of things that are green chili based, but you could use any kind of salsa or base.

1 chicken breast (boneless) (you could use more if you like more chicken in your soup)
1 jar of Hatch green chili salsa (could use any kind of salsa, amount doesn't matter)
1 can of green enchilada sauce (could use red sauce)
2 cans of green chilies (4 oz size)
I put water in the cans and rinse the stuff off the sides and throw the water in the crockpot -you could also throw in a packet of taco seasoning if you want - anything to give the chicken breast a "Mexican" flavor.

Cook the chicken breast 4 hours on high or longer on low
When chicken is cooked, I shred it and put in a small can of corn and a package of ready to eat creamy poblano corn soup. You could put in any kind of soup - cream of chicken, cream of jalapeņo, or any kind of pre-made cream soup, to give it some thickness. Or you could just thicken the stock with masa, or anything to give it a thicker consistency. Tonight I made boiled potatoes for supper so I made a few extra and cut them up and put the leftover boiled potatoes in the soup too.

Then I just turn the crock pot on high and heat everything and it is ready to eat. Sometimes I crunch up some tortilla chips and put them in the soup - sometimes I just eat it without anything extra. You could put some shredded cheese on top. Be creative. It gets better with age and I will take it for my lunch this week.