4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > 4WT Recipes

Old 10-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Dinner Buns and Pizza Pops

I made these back in high school Home Ec and had a craving for them a couple of weeks ago After getting the recipe from a friend, I made them on the weekend. I got 38 pops out of it. Since the pizza pops use the start of the dinner bun recipe, I will put them both here!

DELICIOUS DINNER BUNS

INGREDIENTS:
• 3 cups warm tap water
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1 tsp. Salt
• 1/3 cup oil
• 2 Tbsp Yeast
• 2 beaten eggs
• 7-9 cups flour

METHOD:
1. Using a large, warmed bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, salt, yeast, eggs and oil. Mix well to distribute and partially dissolve the sugar and salt. Using a wooden spoon, add 6 cups of flour and mix until thick and smooth.

2. Add the reaming flour, adding 1 cup portions at a time. As the dough gets heavier the dough will begin to ‘clean the bowl’. When the dough is too heavy to stir any longer, work in the remaining flour using your hands as you begin the kneading process

3. To knead, us the ‘fold, push, turn’ procedure. After combining the entire portion of flour, knead the dough for 5-10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and silky to the touch.

4. Oil the inner surface of a clean bowl and place the dough face down, turn dough then invert then cover with a clean tea towel and place in a warm spot for 15 minutes. Punch down and allow to rise another 15 minutes, and then shape into buns. For dinner buns have the dough balls very small. For hamburger buns make the balls larger and flatten them out.

5. As you shape the buns, place in a well greased 9x13 pan or cookie sheet. The buns should be lightly greased before the final rising. To do this, cover your hands with softened margarine and cover bun surface uniformly with a thin fatty film. This prevents buns from drying out as they rise.

6. The final rising takes 1 hour. Near the end of the rising period, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake the buns for about 25 minutes or until golden brown

PIZZA POPS

INGREDIENTS:
• 1 stick pepperoni or 500grams of ham or a combination of both
• 2-3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
• 1 - 398ml jar pizza sauce
• 1/4 cups parmesan cheese
OPTIONAL
• 1/2 green pepper finely chopped
• 1 can mushroom pieces, well drained
(I used a can of pineapple, drained and patted dry, instead of mushrooms)

METHOD:
1. Prepare the Delicious Dinner Bun recipe, reducing the sugar to 1/4 cup. This is used for the dough portion of the recipe.

2. Filling: Cut the meat into small cubes. Grate the cheese. Combine the meat and cheese with the pizza sauce, parmesan cheese and other optional ingredients. Mix well to combine

3. Prepare the dough recipe, taking the dough through the two 15 minutes rising periods. After the second rising, roll out the dough forming a large circle. Using a large mouth glass cut out the dough into individual circles. Add a tablespoon of filling, bring the dough edges into one point and crimp together to seal.

4. Place the sealed side down onto a wax-paper covered bake sheet. Lightly grease each pop. Allow to rise 45minutes-1 hour before baking.

5. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. These may be frozen individually in Ziploc bags. As these contain meat and cheese they must be refrigerated or frozen after cooling.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

By the way.... Scott LOVES these. I took the first dozen out of the oven and I ate 3, and he ate 8!!!! And there was one left over so I ate that one too

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Yummmmm.......those sound really good!! I bet that they are really delicious coming right out of the oven!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I make a similar roll with hamburger, onions, garlic and cabbage. I use frozen dinner rolls and let them thaw and rise. Then I roll them out in a circle, and fill with the hamb/oinion/garlic/cabbage mix, and bake. They are great warmed up and they taste even better frozen and thawed for eating later.

I'm going to try your pizza filling! It sounds yummy.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

That sounds delicious Lindsey!! I think I'll try your pizza filling with Gayle's frozen rolls I guess you could fill them with just about anything!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I have to have visual. You think there's a picture floating around.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote