4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 11-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

More Prayers Please

I asked for prayer a week or so ago for Dae Lynn. It seems that the guy that she married has some problems. It's been really hard for her because so many people were upset over her dating this guy and even tried to warn her but she was absolutely blind to his problems and now she's married to him.

I'm not sure what's been going on exactly but today she told him that it was over. He apologized and they're having a long talk. I don't know what's going to happen. I've been so worried for her. He got drunk on Veteran's Day and he threatened to break her arm and smash her windshield when she went to the bar to get him. Dae Lynn left home with Karlie because she didn't want to be there when he got home. It ended up that he was arrested and spent the night in jail.

He's got problems with not only alcohol but prescription drugs. I think that she was hoping that he could just get over it........like that. I mentioned Teen Challenge which is a drug treatment facility which is also Bible based. We'll see what he says. It's so fustrating because I just want her at home with me where I KNOW that she's safe and not having to deal with all of this. Please keep Dae Lynn and Damon in your prayers. And please remember little Karlie. Without Dae Lynn she doesn't have any one without problems to take care of her.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Diana,
I'm so sorry to hear this - it just breaks my heart to think about such turmoil for that little girl and your daughter. I sure hope everything works out and that Damon gets the help he desperately needs. I also hope that little Karlie and Dae Lynn are safe - it is a scary situation.

I'm so sorry that you and they are having to deal with this - it just doesn't seem fair.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:22 AM   #3
2tiredmom

Diana,
Dae Lynn and Katie and Damon are in my prayers. It's always heart breaking to have to sit back and watch our children go though things like this. I know what you mean when you wish she was with you. When my oldest daughter got pregnant and her boyfriend was very abusive verbally she was 2 hours from me
at college and called me crying at 10:00 at night. That was the longest drive down to be with her at that time of night. I just kept praying the whole way down. God be with them all and like I said they are in my prayers.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:57 AM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Diana...I just can't stand that you are having to worry so much about Dae Lynn and Karlie. I wish I could make it better, but of course I can't. I can keep you in my prayers as always.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:49 AM   #5
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Oh, Diana, I am so very, very sorry for you and for Dae Lynn and Karlie. I can't imagine what you must be going through. We will definitely pray fervently that Damon gets the treatment that he needs and becomes the husband and father that he is meant to be. He must have good in him that Dae Lynn sees, if only he can recover from satan's influence in his life. I have a dear sister friend that I will mention this to and ask her to pray as well.

Hugs to all of you.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:19 AM   #6
DianaB

Thanks everyone so much. I can't tell you how worried Glen and I have been over all of this. He went in and talked to them last night and she's going to stay for now but Glen says that she's not going to take much more or she's getting out. I'll keep you posted on what's going on. Thanks again for your prayers.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #7
Nina

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that everything works out for Dae Lynn. I will keep your family in my prayers.
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #8
DianaB

Thanks so much, Nina.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #9
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
I am so sorry to read this about your daughter & SIL. I know exactly what you are going through, i am going through the exact same thing with my daughter & SIL. He was in jail for almost a year and now in rehab and should get out next month. He could have gone to jail for around 25 yrs for what he did to my daughter but she dropped the charges because of their 2 daughters. My prayers are with you & your family, i hope he gets help before it's to late.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Diana,

I'm so sorry your Dae Lynn is having problems like this. It is a very tough thing to become sober, but it can happen. If you remember, my SIL was not at all his best self when he was drinking. I also feared for Jessie and the children, and I wasn't allowed to see them for 3 years.

God granted us a miracle, and he stopped drinking. They have a wonderful marriage now, and I am very close with him now. I love and respect him for what he has accomplished.

I am praying for Dae Lynn, Damon and Karlie for their best outcome. I will keep them in my heart, as well as you and Glen.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #11
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Diana, When you posted the first time I was out of the loop. I am sorry to hear what is going on with Dae Lynn and her husband. It is not an easy situation and I feel for you. My niece is going through a divorce after so many years her husband is a drug addict and another family member of mine is into drugs to. It is so sad for everyone around..

I know that God will guide her into the right direction and she has wonderful parents who will be there for her. I pray for you all.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #12
DianaB

Thanks everyone. I so appreciate all your prayers and kind thoughts. Right now they're trying to work it out but he's lost her trust. They were at church yesterday and spent some time in prayer together. He IS trying, but how do you get over being an alcoholic when you've been given it since you were a little boy by your parents?

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #13
Tiramisu

Diana, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your children.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #14
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Thanks everyone. I so appreciate all your prayers and kind thoughts. Right now they're trying to work it out but he's lost her trust. They were at church yesterday and spent some time in prayer together. He IS trying, but how do you get over being an alcoholic when you've been given it since you were a little boy by your parents?

Poor Damon. It is very good that he is praying.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:03 AM   #15
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Diana, i am so sorry you and your family are having to go through this, it must be so tough to watch your child go through this mess.
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.