4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm in the hospital..

I've really been having trouble with my blood sugar dropping. Like last week I was in the grocery store, had 3 items in my buggy, and I got "that feeling" so I hurried to the checkout. By the time I got home, which takes about 3 minutes..my blood sugar was 27. I sweat and shake, but the worst is the brain fog. I have to concentrate so hard to even get some sugar and then some protein eaten. I've never passed out, but I've come really close several times. It's happening more often and faster, so I actually told my doctor. He sent me to an endocrinologist, Dr. Plan. He said I needed to do a 72 hour fast in the hospital with my blood sugar taken every 3 hours, if it goes below 70 it gets checked every hour, if it goes below 50 they draw blood for labs then I get glucose. So far it's only dropped to 67 and right now it's back up to 89. I feel fine except for the nasty headache I have from no caffeine or sugar. I'm really not that hungry, but I'm feeling a little bitchy.

We really don't want my blood sugar to drop while I'm fasting because that would mean a possible pancreatic tumor. I think I'm going to have to see a nutritionist and just basically start eating like a diabetic! There is medicine to block carb absorption, but we're gonna try the DIET first