4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 07-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

My doctor's appointment today

As you know, my follow-up appointment was today. I didn't go. I got scared and frustrated because they didn't do anything but cause me to feel bad when I went to the ER a few weeks ago. There was no diagnosis, I still had the pain when I left, and I was super nauseous for over a week afterwards...and there was over $5,000 in medical bills for all of that trouble. I just didn't want to go through all of that again...so I backed out. How awful is that? My mom is really upset with me and so is Brendon, but I just didn't feel up to it...

Should I try to reschedule or just leave it alone and hope everything is alright?
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:04 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Angie, here comes the mother in me...are you ready?

You need to get yourself back to the Dr. and get the follow up done asap. While there, it wouldn't hurt to schedule a complete physcial with blood workup.

We can have bettter control of our health if we do the right things. Once things start going downhill, it's harder to control.

Now get going!!

love ya!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 05:14 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Ang, here comes another mother!

Get yourself right to that doctor, young lady. We all love you, Brendon loves you, your family loves you. So....you don't have the right to not take care of your health!
You have too many people who need you.

Judy

(That was good, huh? Right off the Dr. Phil show).

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:57 AM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Angie, you need to reschedule your appointment. You were in a lot of pain and your family wants to know what was wrong with you. You really need to find out that this isn't something more serious. Get on the phone, girl, and make that appointment!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:38 AM   #5
Passionfruition

Aw, girl I know you're scared but you really should reschedule! Look at all the support you have from all the wonderful ladies on here....we all - including me of course - care so much about you!

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss
Passionfruition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I thought you guys would say that, but it's just...after reading everything I did on the internet, it seems like they'll never really be able to tell what exactly is causing the pain. Since it isn't a mass and I haven't had the pain in a few days, I don't see that going to the doctor would be beneficial. It would only cost us more money and be more pain and trouble for me. If it were something serious, wouldn't they have found it when I spent 8 hours at the ER?

It took two weeks to get the first appointment, so I wouldn't be able to get another until after our trip to Mexico which would be the first week of August, so I guess I have a while to decide.

Thanks for you input! I appreciate your concern and I will think about what you've said.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:05 PM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Did they give you any kind of diagnosis or opinion at the ER?

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #8
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Angie, I know medical care is expensive, and understand that you are concerned about the cost & feel that this may all be nothing, so why spend the time and money. The thing is, your family and husband love you, and you need to at least go see the doctor and see what he says. One office visit should not cost too much and then you can decide, based on what he says what you want to do from there. Your health is very important to your future. Your family would rather be a little in debt and have you around than not have you around.

Our preacher's wife is a kidney transplant patient. She was unable to get any medical insurance for many years. During that time, she needed an emergency hysterectomy. The hospital ask her husband what he wanted to do. Without insurance, they would be in debt many thousands of dollars. He doesn't make a lot on a preacher's salary. He told them to do what needed to be done to keep his wife alive and healthy. He would figure out how to pay them & he has.

My point is, you need to consider your family's wishes. They love you and want you around and want to know that you are healthy and not be worrying about you. Think about it and make that appointment. After that you will hopefully be a little better informed.

And, I would not rely on the findings during an 8 hour visit to the ER. They are not always the most qualified to handle cases with no clear diagnosis.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote