4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 10-12-2006, 07:15 AM   #1
Taurus Babe

Thumbs down Bad Hair Day...I mean month!!!

Do we have any beautitions (sp?) out there? I swear, I am so fed up with my hair. I've had bad hair days for a month now and it's driving me crazy! I usually straighten it cause I have ugly waves that just frizz up and go all over the place, but recently my hair has been looking too puffy, or too flat, and has been doing this horrible half flippy-poop curl at the bottom! I have soo many products, but nothing is helping. Any advice for a perma-white-girl-frizz-fro? Thanks!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:14 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Not sure what advice to offer...but have you tried a deep conditioning? Sometimes also, if I have my hair cut just slightly different, it helps.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
Taurus Babe

Oh yeah...I only go with deep conditioners. Thanks though that is great advise. I just discovered what a big difference it make! As for cutting it...I'm trying to grow it out cause it was long and then I hacked it all off and it's at my shoulders now, finally. Although I was thinking of a trim...
Old 10-12-2006, 09:26 AM   #4
Ponyup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus Babe
Oh yeah...I only go with deep conditioners. Thanks though that is great advise. I just discovered what a big difference it make! As for cutting it...I'm trying to grow it out cause it was long and then I hacked it all off and it's at my shoulders now, finally. Although I was thinking of a trim...
A trim would definitely & have it cut into a style. I would also suggest trying a completely different routine for a while. My hair will get product shock, I have thin hair so I get product built-up. Why don't you try working with your hairs natural texture. I have naturally wavy hair & what I usually do is put this styling cream by Dove for curling hair in it. Turn my head upside down, blow dry on med. heat while scrunching. It would be something different & might get you through this weird hair stage.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:43 AM   #5
Taurus Babe

Ohh, sounds like we have the SAME hair! I'm gonna give this a go!
Old 10-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #6
SweetCuteness

Send a message via AIM to SweetCuteness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyup
A trim would definitely & have it cut into a style. I would also suggest trying a completely different routine for a while. My hair will get product shock, I have thin hair so I get product built-up. Why don't you try working with your hairs natural texture. I have naturally wavy hair & what I usually do is put this styling cream by Dove for curling hair in it. Turn my head upside down, blow dry on med. heat while scrunching. It would be something different & might get you through this weird hair stage.
I do the same thing when I don't feel like messing with it for 20 minutes in the morning. It's way easy to do.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #7
Taurus Babe

Quote:
Oh you so don't understand that there is no cut I could get this fro rat nest of mine in for it to just do it's own thing and look good! I would LOVE hair that I can jump out of the shower with and it look good without anything done to it!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #8
Necee419

Quote:
Oh you so don't understand that there is no cut I could get this fro rat nest of mine in for it to just do it's own thing and look good! I would LOVE hair that I can jump out of the shower with and it look good without anything done to it!!!
That would be a dream come true for me too!! I have very thick, wavy hair and I usually have to plaster it with gel just to get it looking halfway decent. I recently had a relaxer done (or straightening perm) and my hair is hassle free!! Maybe you can have a mild relaxer done to kill the waves. I don't use the really strong ones because they can really damage your hair.
Necee419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:52 AM   #9
Ponyup

Quote:
I didn't mean that. I couldn't do that with mine either. What you need to do is find a good hairdresser that is used to working with natural curl, that's what I did. They can cut your hair in such a way that will work with your natural texture & help it act the way you like. Like with mine, since it's so thin, she usually cuts layers in the bottom so that it looks fuller. There are lots of little tricks a good hairstylist can do that will make your hair look better & easier to do.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:26 AM   #10
Taurus Babe

You give me HOPE! Thanks!! I'll have to see about finding about finding a good dresser. My old dresser, which I had for over ten years...well lets just say when he started doing drug deals infront of my sister and doing coke while doing my hair...I had to find someone else!!!
Old 10-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #11
Taurus Babe

Quote:

Oh man!! I did this today and I'm totally loving it! I didn't know you could blow dry curls! This is the greatest!!!!! THANKS!
Old 10-15-2006, 05:42 AM   #12
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I swear there is nothing worse than everyday dealing with those "bad hair days". I've been struggling with my hair for almost a year trying to grow it out, etc. I finally was so fed up I had it cut/shaped last Friday. Thank goodness because I finally like my hair. I can actually do something with it now.

It's straight and fine, not wavy like yours. But I would trade for your hair in a heartbeat, LOL. It seems wavy hair has so much more body and texture to it than baby fine stringy hair like my own. I guess we always want what we don't have though don't we?

Good luck on finding the cut for you.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:26 AM   #13
Taurus Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
I swear there is nothing worse than everyday dealing with those "bad hair days". I've been struggling with my hair for almost a year trying to grow it out, etc. I finally was so fed up I had it cut/shaped last Friday. Thank goodness because I finally like my hair. I can actually do something with it now.

It's straight and fine, not wavy like yours. But I would trade for your hair in a heartbeat, LOL. It seems wavy hair has so much more body and texture to it than baby fine stringy hair like my own. I guess we always want what we don't have though don't we?

Good luck on finding the cut for you.
Good for you!! That's great that you found a cute cut that you like and that works well!! It can be hard! Yes, it does seem we always want what we don't have...the grass is always greener on the other side!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:30 AM   #14
Ponyup

Quote:
[/B]

Oh man!! I did this today and I'm totally loving it! I didn't know you could blow dry curls! This is the greatest!!!!! THANKS!

I'm glad you like it. It was totally easy too, wasn't it?