4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > My Pictures & Videos!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

The dog pack

Sophie has made herself right at home! She and Annie are still wrestling, but not 100% of the time at least! Max got yelled at, so he stays out of it, unless I think Sophie needs to be put in her place.

She is not a sweet little lady! She growls if she doesn't want to be picked up, or if I am annoying her. I do what I want anyway, but Chins do that. They don't bark, but they let you know when they want to be left alone. She and I will work out our own pack order, with me being the boss.

Here are some pix of the gang.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2997.JPG (120.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2999.JPG (112.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3001.JPG (111.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3000.JPG (113.5 KB, 10 views)

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sophie has that "I'm the leader" look in her eyes in one of the pictures! Jazzi is like that. I have to MAKE her go out the door after Reuger because she is so mean to him if she goes out first......actually she's still mean to him but it's worse if she's first one out of the door.

You may have be prove to her that you're pack leader with the food. You stand where she can't get it and you control the food. That's what a pack leader does. They also go through the door first......hmmmm......I can't think of anything else. I'm sure there's other things.

After saying all of that.....Sophie is a doll!!! I'm sure she's making life very interesting!! You need to get her and Annie matching dresses!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
The pictures are great Judy. Sophie is a real cutie and I agree with Diana...she has that look....lol, but it sure melts your heart...lol. Love the bow in Annie's hair. None of mine have long enough hair for a bow anymore. I'm so glad you posted pictures of them.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Judy, they are so adorable. I agree, that little face just says it all.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh Judy they are all so cute!!!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Sophie now weighs 2 pounds, 8 ounces. I went to pick her up from her little bed, and the little rascal growled at me and made a face baring her teeth! I smacked her little nose, and yelled "no." If she is planning to give me trouble, she has another thing coming!

Old 05-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We had a schnauzer who was growly like this. I never did achieve dominance over her and she would bite me. But she loved Gary and he was her alpha.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
Janet

Such a tiny little thing isn't she? I hope you can get her to stop the growling.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #9
DIANE W

Judy.... they are just so cute, and little Sophie is sounding like a Diva, my advice is do as you are and dont let her get away with it at all.....just because a dog is a tiny sometimes they get away with far too much than a normal size dog, which can turn them into little terrors.

I think she is testing you all out, even the other doggies, i am sure with a firm hand (Ha ha ...easier said than done i know, with that cute face), everything will work itself out.

I am afraid of bringing another dog into my home, because i am sure it will change Harvey, and i just cant take that chance, also i think 2 would be just too much for us to manage as we do go out with him a lot, but its lovely to see dogs playing together in a family.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Small dog syndrome is a problem! Also, her little face is squishy, like a Shih Tzu, so hitting her on the nose is not so easy! It's hard to get to!

Diana, when I got Gracie, it did change things with Max. He didn't change much, but going out became a very different story. I took Max with me everywhere until then. Taking two dogs everywhere is just too hard, especially when you have to carry them in a store or something.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
DIANE W

Yes Judy thats sort of what i thought, how difficult it would be with the two.

We once got 2 puppies they were border collies, we went to get one and felt sorry for the one left behind!!!!!!

How stupid that was, they were so adorable but destroyed my house, i could not put washing on the line, as it ended up on the grass. It was impossible to train them, as if one had a accident, you missed who did it, who could you blame????? We eventually had to re-home both of them, it broke my heart, but i knew we could not cope with such demanding, intelligent dogs, that needed so much training and stimulation, after all they are working dogs.

It kind of put me off having a dog for a long while, then i got my first yorkie...... who was a wonderful addition to our family. Sadly after 14 years we lost him and then we bought Harvey, that was 6 years ago now...........wow how time flies.

My Mottos are....

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
Old 05-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #12
DIANE W

Those pictures are adorable, Annie looks like she is just tolerating Sophie, with the way she has her back to her........ but she is not leaving that bed...no way

The are both just gorgeous, i hope they learn to love each other and get to be the best of friends.

My Mottos are....

Old 05-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
Janet

Have you taken all three out anywhere Judy? You sure would draw the attention!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #14
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I think Sophie needs to have more vaccinations before I can take her out. She won't tolerate a collar yet anyway. Her neck is so tiny, that she is able to get her teeth in it, and then gets stuck, and...well..you know the rest.

She gets scared when I carry her outside anyway. I let Max and Annie run around the front of the house when the summer people aren't here. A few days ago, they were happily rolling around in the grass when a woman came down the road dragging a huskie. Of course, my little brats went running to say hello. They aren't allowed up to the road, but they choose to ignore that rule when somebody comes along. The young woman starts freaking out about how her dog will hurt them, she always keeps him on a leash, blah, blah, blah. I ran up the hill, holding Sophie, and sent the other 2 scooting back to the house. I apoplogized to this woman, because we are supposed to leash our dogs here.

Sorry to be mean, but I hate her and her stupid killer dog! Why do people buy these breeds? She may think of this as her weekend country home, but it is my full time country home, and I want my dogs to enjoy it! I hate those city people!!! (You would think I would be more tolerant, but I'm not!)

Old 05-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #15
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I really hate it when people walk aggressive dogs, especially when they are not well trained or controlled. It's not as much of a problem at our new place as it was at the old place because we live on a cul-de-sac, and people rarely walk down by our house. And like you, I let Rex & Rowdy loose in the front yard with me. We rarely have any cars done our street. They feel so big when they are out in the front off leash.