4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I may be rescuing...

A little boy yorkie! I came across an ad on Kijiji this morning as I was browsing, for a "retirement" home for an unregistered 2.5 year, 4.5 lb yorkie. At first I wasn't happy about the unregistered breeding, and then looking at the pictures I noticed the CHOKE CHAIN around his little neck
I posted it on YT, and another girl from Calgary was interested and offered the woman $300 (his asking price was 700) and she seemed interested, but said she'd have to pick him up. So then she offered $200 to pick him up. Realizing he's not neutered and she couldn't afford to neuter him, she backed down.
If she'd let him go for $200 though, I could definitely afford him. He looks so sad in his pictures! I asked if he's house trained and if he's had any obedience training, but I haven't heard back. I'd need to find out from my condo association if they'll allow a second dog too.
I wasn't really expecting this but I really want him to have a good life!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You have a wonderful caring heart Lindsey. I hope things work out for you and the little guy.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thank you Janet. Unfortunately, someone from YT decided to email the seller to let her know she was being talked about... and she has not replied to me since Things are always quick to turn ugly over there. In my heart I know I was just trying to do the right thing for a little dog. Even if I couldn't get him, maybe someone on YT could. Well, not now

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 07-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Oh, the poor little guy, I hope that things work out. Make sure you spend some time with him before you decide to buy him he may have some issues that you'd rather not deal with, like marking.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:54 AM   #5
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

YT sucks! I hope you get this little guy Linds. If not, somebody else will take him.

Good luck!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:20 AM   #6
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Scott called the lady last night (I didn't want to stir things up by contacting her again) and she said he is still available. She actually asked "Which one?" and I've noticed another ad up for a cute papillon pup, also with a choke chain on. I have the number of the guy to call from the condo association to see if I'm allowed a second dog.
Unfortunately, he marks. He is not very well potty trained indoors and has no obedience training. He has never been around small children, so she doesn't know how well he does around kids. She said he gets along with female dogs, which makes me think he has dominance issues with male dogs, but maybe that goes for females too. I told her I had a female dog before she told me he gets along well with females . Of course, he is not neutered, and I would need to do that if I got him. I don't think that will help with the marking though.
To add to things, yesterday Layla started coughing. By night time, it was going on every 10 minutes. I didn't get a wink of sleep all night and have called in sick to work today. She threw up before bed and continues to cough up phlegm. My poor baby She would just fall asleep and start snoring softly and then her whole body would tremble and she would start another coughing fit. I am taking her to the vet at 4 this afternoon and who knows how much that will cost me
I just don't know now if I can afford the little guy, pay for neutering and obedience lessons, and work on him not marking in my new condo... on top of the costs of moving and renovating my condo and taking care of Layla.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #7
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Sounds like you have your hands full already. Take a lesson I need to learn and just say no to more responsibility.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Marilyn, that's exactly what I need someone to say to me. I took Layla to the vet today and she has an upper respiratory infection. She got two weeks' worth of antibiotics, and when I go back in two weeks I also need to get her vaccines done. It's a lot of money.
I really just wanted to do a good deed and help that dog. But like someone said to me on YT, he's a yorkie and yorkies almost always find homes. I just hope he finds a home with someone who will treat him well!
Feeling like I failed this puppy, it just happened that Scott and I were driving home tonight down a busy road and had to stop for two shih tzus that were running across the street, with no leashes and no owners in sight. Scott turned around the block and we finally caught one of the dogs and the other went running. Scott stopped traffic when it ran back across the streeet, and he continued to run after it. The dog I was carrying had no ID tag. 4 blocks later, Scott was walking back towards me with the dog's owner beside him. The other one ran right home while Scott was chasing it. So at least I did one good deed for a couple of dogs!

Old 07-16-2009, 04:00 AM   #9
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Lindsey, there will be more opportunities when you are better prepared to handle them. You have a lot going on right now. Why don't you consider doing one random act of kindness for someone each week. That may fulfill your need to do kind things and brighten other's lives as well. It could be mailing someone a card, holding the door for someone, bringing a stressed coworker a cup of coffee. Little things that do make a difference and help you feel good too.

Just don't overdo even this. For this, too, can be stressful in itself. Voice of experience speaking here.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:28 AM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

How is Layla feeling?

I think it is wonderful that you and Scott were given the opportunity to hep with the two shih tzus. It sounds like divine intervention to me!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote