4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 02-23-2009, 06:49 AM   #1
HALEY

Cherry Juice !!!!

I feel so bad today, i knew Micah was allergic to strawberries, but didn't know he was also allergic (i think now) to red dyes found in juices, i gave him cherry juice now for the last two days and Sunday morning, he was all broke out in a rash, his face, arms, back and butt, i called his doctor, and they called me back.. and asked what the rash looked like and i told them, asked if i gave him anything different in the last two days and i told them just cherry juice, she looked at his chart and saw that he was allergic to strawberries, and told me about he red dyes in juices, and for me to stop giving him the juice and if he gets worse to bring him in, well i gave him an alveeno bath last night and this morning, Thank God the reddness of the rash went down some, its almost gone on his back and face but still some on his arms, gave him clairton D..
Oh boy always something, i have a bunch of juice that i have to take back to wal-marts tom. he's only allowed, apple, white grape, and orange..
Old 02-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Poor Micah! At least you figured out what he was allergic to. I'm glad to hear that he's getting better. I have a cousin that has a daughter that's allergic to red dyes along with a lot of other things.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:40 AM   #3
HALEY

We think that's what it was Diana, i hope so, i think it was the red dye, cause his rash was better this morning, still there but less red.. Plus he has a cold on top of this.. oh boy, i kept him home from daycare today, he's with Na Na today, so i hope there having fun...
I just hope he's better by next Saturday is his Birthday party...
Old 02-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #4
DianaB

It's hard to believe that Micah's going to be two!! I thought that he just turned one a few months ago!!! He's growing so fast!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
HALEY

growing to fast Diana!!! Yep March 7th at 3:28 pm,, he will be 2 years old.. can't believe it... he's turning into a little boy ....
Old 02-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Cherish this time Haley. My baby is 18 years old now and sometimes I just can't believe it. The time just went by so fast. I know you will be taking lots of pictures at his party so please post them. I feel like Diana....he just turned one not long ago.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #7
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Awwwwwww poor little Micah.. I am glad that he is feeling better. Never a dull moment when you have children.. Like Janet says cherish these days.. My baby will be turning 21 in May and my son's birthday is on Wed. turning 24 .. Wow !! where does time fly to.....

I can't believe that Micah is turning two already time sure does fly..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #8
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Awww, poor Micah!!! I was very alergic to orange drink when I was a pre-schooler, and I remember having a big breakout and standing on a chair in the kitchen, naked, while mother dabbed calamine lotion on my rash. Glad he's getting better. I have a bit of a problem even now if I eat a lot of tomatoes or strawberries, too, so you might watch out for tomatoes with him. I can eat them, but it's if I eat a lot, like a big bowl of cherry tomatoes, which I love, then I have a breakout. Just a few of them and strawberries is okay. Perhaps he'll get less sensitive as he gets older, too.

Like everyone has said, enjoy him while he's little. The grow up way too quickly!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #9
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
Awww, poor Micah!!! I was very alergic to orange drink when I was a pre-schooler, and I remember having a big breakout and standing on a chair in the kitchen, naked, while mother dabbed calamine lotion on my rash. Glad he's getting better. I have a bit of a problem even now if I eat a lot of tomatoes or strawberries, too, so you might watch out for tomatoes with him. I can eat them, but it's if I eat a lot, like a big bowl of cherry tomatoes, which I love, then I have a breakout. Just a few of them and strawberries is okay. Perhaps he'll get less sensitive as he gets older, too.

Like everyone has said, enjoy him while he's little. The grow up way too quickly!!
we'll Marilyn, i took most of the red colored juices i had back to wal-marts, but that red dye is in alot of foods, i just have to be careful what i give him, his poor butt cleared up, boy that was a bad rash,,, everyone is aware of his allergies now, so well see what happens it could have been worse if he wasn't taken clairton already...
Old 03-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #10
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Seems like there is so much more today that we have to watch out for. I'm glad little Micah's rash is cleared up.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Seems like there is so much more today that we have to watch out for. I'm glad little Micah's rash is cleared up.
he still have some red spots on his face, hopefully it will clear up by saturday for his birthday, now he has a big cut on his finger, thanks to dad, can't leave him alone with daddy anymore !!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #12
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Haley, I know what you mean about husbands!!! I came home from working late one night, and hubby and the girls were gone. This was before cell phones. There was blood on the kitchen floor. I called the nearest hospital emergency room and sure enough, they were there. Karen & Melissa had stacked up some toys and tried to climb them to reach up high on a shelf. Melissa had fallen and had a cut one eyebrow, and was getting stitches. Poor hubby was so concerned about her and getting medical treatment that he never thought to stop and jot a note. He thought they'd be home before me. You can image how freaked out I was trying to find the hospital phone number in the directory and dialing the number. I didn't know what had happened. We laugh about it now.

Hope Micah is all better very very soon!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:22 AM   #13
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
Haley, I know what you mean about husbands!!! I came home from working late one night, and hubby and the girls were gone. This was before cell phones. There was blood on the kitchen floor. I called the nearest hospital emergency room and sure enough, they were there. Karen & Melissa had stacked up some toys and tried to climb them to reach up high on a shelf. Melissa had fallen and had a cut one eyebrow, and was getting stitches. Poor hubby was so concerned about her and getting medical treatment that he never thought to stop and jot a note. He thought they'd be home before me. You can image how freaked out I was trying to find the hospital phone number in the directory and dialing the number. I didn't know what had happened. We laugh about it now.

Hope Micah is all better very very soon!!
Mike was playing his guitar for micah and set it down Micah went over and plucked on one the strings on the guitar and got sliced on his finger, Mike should have known better. but it wasn't as bad as i thought, i cleaned it real good and put a band-aid on it.. At least he didn't fall asleep like he did last time and Micah colored my couches..
Old 03-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #14
DianaB

I know what you mean about husbands too. One day Jaci (she was about 4 or 5) had gone with Glen to get a Christmas tree and they were at the shop getting the tree ready to bring home. Glen let Jaci play with a small ax, can you see where this is going? Well, he went to the bathroom and left her there playing with an ax, but with the instructions of keeping both hands on the handle..........which she didn't do. She was trying to chop a little stick in two and it wouldn't hold still so she used one hand to hold it and almost chopped off the end of her finger!!! I didn't find out until they were already at the hospital. Boy was I mad and Glen was in BIG trouble!!!! She cut right through her fingernail!!! Who lets a kid play with an ax?

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #15
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
I know what you mean about husbands too. One day Jaci (she was about 4 or 5) had gone with Glen to get a Christmas tree and they were at the shop getting the tree ready to bring home. Glen let Jaci play with a small ax, can you see where this is going? Well, he went to the bathroom and left her there playing with an ax, but with the instructions of keeping both hands on the handle..........which she didn't do. She was trying to chop a little stick in two and it wouldn't hold still so she used one hand to hold it and almost chopped off the end of her finger!!! I didn't find out until they were already at the hospital. Boy was I mad and Glen was in BIG trouble!!!! She cut right through her fingernail!!! Who lets a kid play with an ax?
They just don't think !!! i have to watch Micah now when i wash dishes i can't leave knives out, have to wash- dry and put them away, he pulls over his potty chair and stands on it so he can reach whatever he wants on the kitchen counter, i had to move the coffe pot, and my tart warmer already... he's into everything...