4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 12-13-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Unhappy I Think I'm Sick....

Yesterday I was feeling kind of sluggish and my knees were aching (we had rain move in). Then last night before I went to bed, I got chilled so bad I thought I was going to shake my skin right off my bones. I got another blanket out and it took like what seemed forever for me to quit shaking. I finally fell asleep (I went to bed at 10) and now, it's 2:30 AM and I'm wide awake. If I stay under the blankets, I get really hot, but as soon as I pull them off, I start getting the chills again. I also have a rattle when I let breathe out. My chest aches too. Whatever this is...sure hope it's gone soon. This shaking makes all my joints hurt. Man....getting older and not feeling well sucks!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #2
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Uh-Oh Janet, it does sound like you're getting sick! You must have had some fever. Take good care of yourself, and don't wait too long to go to the doctor if you get worse.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Chest rattles are NOT GOOD JANET! If it gets any worse - GET TO THE DOCTOR - or just GO NOW! My friend's husband just got out of the hospital with pneumonia. He's a healthy 50-something so chest rattles are nothing to ignore!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
Janet

The rattling seems to have moved up to my throat. Just can't clear it out. I got home from my route around 8:30 and went straight to bed. Slept on and off till after 11. I was wanting to call the dr, but he is out on Wednesdays so if I'm not better tomorrow...he'll be my first phone call. I've gotten to be a big baby when I get sick now. Don't like it......not one little bit!!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

You certainly are NOT a baby!! I think a person should go to the doctor when they are sick. Why spend weeks feeling bad waiting for something to go away when you could go to the doctor, take medicine and get well? You sure don't want to be sick during the holidays!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #6
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm pretty much the opposite - I NEVER go to the doctor. Being a nurse though, I usually know when something is serious or not.

But a rattle in the chest is nothing to mess with, it could be very serious, especially in the winter.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:29 AM   #7
Janet

I slept so much better last night even though I slept most of the time between routes yesterday. I am up earlier than I need to be, but that's okay. The best news is that so far this morning, my rattle is hardly noticeable. I did worry if the noise was going to let me sleep last night, but I was able to.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:02 AM   #8
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It sounds like it may be resolving on its own, that's great! But if that rattle comes back you get to the doc right away.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #9
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Oh no, hopefully everything goes away and your as good as new.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Feel better soon, Janet!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #11
2tiredmom

Hope your felling better now. when is your last day to drive the bus?
Old 12-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #12
Janet

Tuesday is my last day until January 4th. I'm so ready!

Well my rattle is more in my throat now and making me cough. You know what that means....cough and pee...cough and pee. Grrrrrrrr!
Old 12-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #13
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

LOL Janet - that's me too when I have a bad cough!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #14
Janet

A friend of mine said she was having some kind of surgery because after her hysterectomy, she pees/leaks all the time too. Something about tightening or lifting her bladder. Well...if it works for her I may have to look into this. Not only have I had a hysterectomy, but I'm overweight and I guess those are two of the causes. I have to wear one of those Poise or Tena pads every single day. Don't know what it feels like anymore not to. I really am tired of it and willing to try surgery if it will work. Have you ever heard of surgery for this Gayle?
Old 12-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #15
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yep, they have several techniques for lifting up the bladder for better urine control. Lots of women have it done, so if you are already wearing a pad everyday, I'd definitely look into it.