4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 03-30-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Gift Giving for Men (2)

This was posted on the Ask a Man Forum, and someone wanted to reply so I put it here for you guys as well.

Quote:
I think one of the hardest things in marriage, is when the time comes to buy a gift! Men are just SO hard to buy for! My husband loves computers, but he also enjoys shopping for his computer parts so I can't really do that. I don't like to do gift cards because I feel they are too impersonal and that it doesn't mean as much. He could care less about the clothes he wears, as long as they are comfortable. He pirates any software or games that he wants (I know, that's bad! lol). He isn't in to sports and doesn't really collect anything (other than all of the junk computers he likes to hoard). It's just so hard to buy for him and it becomes quite stressful for me around special days. I always want to find the "perfect" gift, so I spend HOURS in the store and online trying to find something amazing...and I rarely feel that I succeed. (Except for the time I got him a PDA.)

Any suggestions???
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Why not a place that gives rub downs and such, at a gym or something.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Yippeee - I can reply now!

Angie, it clearly shows your hubby cares so much all about you. So, whatever you give him, no matter what it is he will love.

What about special tickets to something you both can enjoy. Like a night out w/ a special dinner at his favorite restaurant? Or a weekend away?

Does he do anything that possibly needs lessons for? Getting him a tutor for like ??? .

Music, is he into that? If so, maybe a special basket made up w/ his favorite cd's, some snackies, add tickets to it I mentioned earlier, etc.

The thought you put into it is his gift, this he is surely to love.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #4
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Why not a place that gives rub downs and such, at a gym or something.
Hmm...A masseuse would be a great idea. He has awful back pain because he was born with spina bifida and I'm sure that would be excellent for him!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
Old 03-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #5
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
Yippeee - I can reply now!

Angie, it clearly shows your hubby cares so much all about you. So, whatever you give him, no matter what it is he will love.

What about special tickets to something you both can enjoy. Like a night out w/ a special dinner at his favorite restaurant? Or a weekend away?

Does he do anything that possibly needs lessons for? Getting him a tutor for like ??? .

Music, is he into that? If so, maybe a special basket made up w/ his favorite cd's, some snackies, add tickets to it I mentioned earlier, etc.

The thought you put into it is his gift, this he is surely to love.
I know he will love it no matter what, I just want SO badly to really amaze him and him think "WOW! That was a great gift."

Tickets to the movies in a gift basket might be a good idea...we hardly ever go to the theaters because it's just so expensive and we are trying to make it through college without being in debt. That would definitely be a special gift.

I can't do CD's because he just burns all of the music that he wants...

I can't think of anything that he'd like in the way of lessons, but I'll keep thinking about it.

Thanks so much for the great ideas!
Old 03-30-2007, 06:59 PM   #6
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

but him a LLama
Old 03-30-2007, 11:48 PM   #7
Mandy

What about a day at the spa for both of you, with healthy snacks/lunch, so you can both enjoy the special time together.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:40 PM   #8
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
What about a day at the spa for both of you, with healthy snacks/lunch, so you can both enjoy the special time together.
I think Mandy is right. He would adore anything that invovled you as well. BTW...his b-day is over...am I missing a date? or are you already thinking about your anniversary?
Old 03-31-2007, 12:42 PM   #9
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra Amaya
I think Mandy is right. He would adore anything that invovled you as well. BTW...his b-day is over...am I missing a date? or are you already thinking about your anniversary?
No, I was just trying to think of a good question to ask "a man" and that came to mind. But I have some great ideas for our anniversary now. Of course, that'll be right in the middle of Harry Potter mania (book and movie released in the same month as our anniversary) so I should be set for that one. lol
Old 03-31-2007, 01:26 PM   #10
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles
No, I was just trying to think of a good question to ask "a man" and that came to mind. But I have some great ideas for our anniversary now. Of course, that'll be right in the middle of Harry Potter mania (book and movie released in the same month as our anniversary) so I should be set for that one. lol
Ahhh lol ok. I thought I was forgetting a date.