4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 03-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Lies!

I'm going to copy and paste this from a post I made in YT... this really made my blood boil today!!! Sorry it's so long, there's some back story too...

Layla is having lots of bladder issues, so we need to have her expressed 4 times per day instead of the 3 we had been doing. We found a girl willing to come over and do the job every day. We thought we'd pay her $10 a day which is a pretty good wage for someone who was just looking for random babysitting jobs for extra cash. It would be pretty good incentive to come over every day and maybe even do it long term (she is a 19 year old, living with her boyfriend in a small town, with no job and not going to school or anything... just sitting at his house every day). She would let Kash and Lucy outside to pee during the day, and express Layla's bladder. It's really only 10 minutes of her time each day, and $50 a week. Not too shabby.

Our door to the back yard is really hard to lock, so I told her it's fine if she just leaves it unlocked when she leaves. We always have it locked in the morning. Well, this past week (besides Monday, I stayed home sick), it was locked every day when we got home. We thought it was weird, we've never showed her how to actually get it to lock.

Tuesday, we took Layla into the city so she didn't have to worry about her. I told her to just come over and let the other two out, and I'd still pay for the day. One of the dogs had pooped in front of the back door when we got home which was very weird, but we thought maybe that was after she left.

On Wednesday, there was no pee on Layla's pad. I texted her and she said yeah, she had to come over early before Layla's bladder was full, because she had to pick up her sister from the hospital. She would be back to her normal time the next day. Okay.

Thursday, I texted her mid-afternoon and asked if she had any luck with Layla. She said no, she had to come over early again because she had to take her sister to physio. She would come later for sure on Friday. I said okay, thanks for all your help. A few hours later we got home, and of course, there was no pee on the pad, and the back door was still locked. Scott walked to the front door and said "She didn't even come" which we had both suspected in the backs of our minds all week. In the morning he had put the draft stopper at the door, and it hadn't moved.

After going back and forth I decided to text her and I said "Did you actually come over today? There was a draft stopper at the front door and it hasn't moved...." and I didn't get a reply all night.

This morning, we were in such a rush and somehow we forgot to express Layla. In the two years she's had this condition, we've never forgotten in the morning!!! But I guess today that was a blessing. I told Scott to please call this girl from his work phone (she knows our other numbers) and see if she can come over this morning or we'd have to drive home. Even knowing what we knew, we thought it would be best if she could just get it done. She answered the phone, sleepily. When she realized it was Scott, she said he had the wrong number. He told me I gave him the wrong number, I checked, and told him that's B.S. I texted that her and said "we really need you to come over, we forgot to express Layla and if you can't, we have to drive home from work" Of course, no reply...

Now I know this girl doesn't get out of bed until 11 or 12. She never texts or replies to texts before then. But today, 5 minutes after the phone call and text, all of a sudden I get an email from her at around 8:25 am. She says "Hey Lindsey, sorry my phone got stolen last night and I don't have your numbers to call or text. Do you still need me to come over today?" OMG!! What a coincidence!!! Her phone got stolen last night just before I caught her in her lies!!! Of course, that all makes sense! And she just happened to wake up right after we called and texted her "stolen" phone for her to come over, so she could email me and ask if we still need her to come over? Why would she NOT come over? She said yesterday she'd be coming at her normal time today and I said that's fine.

This girl is such a liar. Scott and I both drove home from work, and I emailed her back saying we are doing something else with Layla so please bring our key over today. I asked her which days she came over so I can pay her for them... funny she coincidentally left out Thursday, because she knows we know she didn't actually show up. Even though her phone was "stolen" and she didn't get that text... Forgetting that she told me on Thursday that she came over Thursday.

Whatever, I just want it over with. The money isn't even the issue. She's putting Layla's health at risk. I've told her countless times, if she can't make it, let me know and I will work from home that day or those days or whatever. I told her how important it is that this is done EVERY DAY.

I am just sick about it. We have been through 3 crappy sitters and this one is the worst! I don't think I can trust anyone with my baby anymore. We have to figure out a way that I can take care of her every day. We might have to leave her at my grandma's house in the city so I can use my lunch break to go and express her every day.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

It really pisses me off when they lie. They should be honest so you can atleast know what to do. She doesn't care about the well being of Layla so don't you worry another second of your life on her
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Yeah... and she even embellished her lies! Not only did she just come over, she played with the dogs, she picked up after them when one had an accident... but in reality, she didn't even show up!!!! WHY???

She came over to drop off my key and she was so happy and bubbly, and her whole personality actually made me think for a minute that maybe this is all a mix-up and it's just a huge coincidence... but I know for sure she lied about everything. Maybe she has been doing it for so long she knows how to make people forget about it? It's almost like she believes it herself. She's a compulsive liar.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 03-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

What a little creep!! Besides not taking care of Layla, it's scary to think she had access to your whole house
Old 03-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

What is wrong with people, and this person in particular. Has she no moral or ethical principles. I wonder how she would feel if she couldn't go to the bathroom unless someone helped her and then they just didnt! Such a waste of human space.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Like I said on fb, she might have made a copy of your key. What a disgusting human being!

Karma will get her.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Seems like people just don't have morals anymore.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

That's awful!! What a liar.....and not even a good liar!!! I'm glad that you figured it out pretty quickly because Layla needs good care taken of her. I hope you can find someone that's really good.

It might not hurt to change your locks. If she was so dishonest then it might be nothing to come back much later and steal from you. Better to be safe than sorry!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #9
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

We normally have our alarm set every time we're not home... door and window sensors as well as motion sensors. The dogs are small enough that the motion sensors don't go off for them! Anyways, we didn't turn it on the days she was coming over. Now it is set every day. If she tries to get in, alarms will go off, we will get a phone call and send police. So whether she tries or not, doesn't matter to me Anything valuable is upstairs, and the alarm is so deafening I can't even THINK when we have it tested!

Old 03-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

That's good. I wouldn't think that she'd try anything.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote