4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 02-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
HALEY

Happy Monday !!!!!!

I just picked up our taxes from our accountant, and were getting more back than i expected, wonderful, i can pay off all my credit cards, and have enough money left over to get Micah his swing set for his Birthday.. i am so happy and releaved to get the credit card monkey off my back.... happy day finally !!!!!!!!!! i needed a day like this...
Old 02-18-2008, 11:23 AM   #2
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Congratulations Haley!
Now tear those darn cards up so you don't have the temptation to do this again!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Congratulations Haley!
Now tear those darn cards up so you don't have the temptation to do this again!
I know the only reason there that way, is cause i got two new doors for the house and my baby is growing so fast i can't keep up with his clothes, we got a house about 3 years ago and these doors were badly needed, it was 2 new doors or another winter of 300.00 gas bills so i had to do what i had to do, now they will be paid off. YA i am so happy..... i do hate credit cards, i try so hard to pay cash for everything, but sometimes you can't, but the credit cards are going back in the safe again locked up... but i knew i was getting a refund but not this much, so i am very happy right now..... something went my way for a change.... YA..... happy happy.....
Old 02-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Hey Haley, you might try going to garage sale for baby clothes. Most of my son's clothing was garage sale items. Most of the time the kids outgrow them before they wear them out and most were like new and a heck of a lot cheaper. Everyone kidded me that Ricky was so well dressed and had the cutest clothes....LOLOL....if they only knew...LOL. I think I bought garage sale items until he went to school and after that I watched for really good sales.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Hey Haley, you might try going to garage sale for baby clothes. Most of my son's clothing was garage sale items. Most of the time the kids outgrow them before they wear them out and most were like new and a heck of a lot cheaper. Everyone kidded me that Ricky was so well dressed and had the cutest clothes....LOLOL....if they only knew...LOL. I think I bought garage sale items until he went to school and after that I watched for really good sales.
i usually cut the sunday coupon out for JC Penneys, and go there they always have baby clothes on sale, and thank God for my Mother and sister, they buy him alot of clothes, if it wasn't for them i don't know how we would make it, with daycare, formula and diapers, baby food, WOW, having a child and hearing everyone say how expensive they are,, this is a wake up call for me, now i know how expensive they are, and people keep asking us when were going to have another one, i just smile and tell them when my husband hits the power ball.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That's really good news Haley!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY
i usually cut the sunday coupon out for JC Penneys, and go there they always have baby clothes on sale, and thank God for my Mother and sister, they buy him alot of clothes, if it wasn't for them i don't know how we would make it, with daycare, formula and diapers, baby food, WOW, having a child and hearing everyone say how expensive they are,, this is a wake up call for me, now i know how expensive they are, and people keep asking us when were going to have another one, i just smile and tell them when my husband hits the power ball.

Glad to hear the good news! Janet's idea sounds great, when my children were growing up I lived in Bklyn there were no garage sales I always shopped at kids r us and it was expensive.. this is so true they outgrow them so quickly. So check out the garage sales on the weekends. I love going to them in the Spring you get great stuff sometimes..

You think they are expensive now wait till they go to college.. oh man lol start saving now! lol
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:26 PM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Haley, that's great that you're getting more money back then you realized!!!!!

I also went to garage sales when my kids were little to look for clothes and I even bought clothes a year or two ahead if I found really nice ones. You can save so much money and get good quality if you just spend a little time and effort.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #9
Marilyn

Congratulations, Haley!!! Wonderful news. I didn't have time to shop garage sales much. We had two daughters 18 months apart and I worked a lot of hours. When the first one was born, we'd already been married 11 years so financially it wasn't too hard, but I did shop at resale shops. Like Janet said, they grow so fast the clothes were barely used and a lot cheaper than even the sales. I also bought larger items used from ads in the paper. That was way before eBay. Now there are bargains galore for the savy shopper.

Wishing you the very best, and again, congratulations on your return!!!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:52 AM   #10
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Glad to hear the good news! Janet's idea sounds great, when my children were growing up I lived in Bklyn there were no garage sales I always shopped at kids r us and it was expensive.. this is so true they outgrow them so quickly. So check out the garage sales on the weekends. I love going to them in the Spring you get great stuff sometimes..

You think they are expensive now wait till they go to college.. oh man lol start saving now! lol
When he was born i got him a college fund started way ahead of you girl, all his money he gets for Christmas, Birthdays, etc go into this college fund, and 50.00 a month, its with our stock broker, he'll have a lot for college when he goes, i try to be very good with my money.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:56 AM   #11
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Congratulations, Haley!!! Wonderful news. I didn't have time to shop garage sales much. We had two daughters 18 months apart and I worked a lot of hours. When the first one was born, we'd already been married 11 years so financially it wasn't too hard, but I did shop at resale shops. Like Janet said, they grow so fast the clothes were barely used and a lot cheaper than even the sales. I also bought larger items used from ads in the paper. That was way before eBay. Now there are bargains galore for the savy shopper.

Wishing you the very best, and again, congratulations on your return!!!!!
thank you so much, i was also worried about his birthday too, my husband hasn't been working the OT like he did in the summer and money is very tight at my home so he gets his swing set,, i am still happy today..
I really don't have the time to go to garage sales, i work alot and so does my husband, its hard just to take Micah to the mall to get clothes and i don't have a baby sitter for the weekends, plus that is my time with my son, bad enough i hardly see him during the week cause of work. but thank you,,,, i mailed them out this morning,, so 4 more weeks and i'll be a little richer and less bills to pay. Thank God, i had to thank him ten times last night when me & Micah said our prayers. !!!
Old 02-19-2008, 04:42 AM   #12
Marilyn

Sounds like you're on the right track, Haley!!!!! Wishing you the best, and a Happy Tuesday!!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:14 AM   #13
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
Haley, that's great that you're getting more money back then you realized!!!!!

I also went to garage sales when my kids were little to look for clothes and I even bought clothes a year or two ahead if I found really nice ones. You can save so much money and get good quality if you just spend a little time and effort.

I did the same think Diana...buy ahead. I bought plastic tubs to store different sizes in. It worked out so good. I even bought some good toys at garage sales...stuck them in the dish washer and wah lah! Nice clean and almost new..LOL