4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 02-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

It's Been Awhile

Hi To All!!

I hope that everyone is doing well, I have not been on here much I do check in on FB for most are on there also. Today is a perfect day to catch up and I have been doing so.

For starters if you recall I had a problem with my arm a few mts. ago and had an horrible expercience with the ortho dr. and started PT.. Fast foward to today, I went to another ortho dr. and he says I have a frozen shoulder.. I told him I was in PT at the time of appt. for 9 weeks and when I went to the PT she strechted me so bad that I felt pain and she would insist this is normal, along with doing other strenous excersises. He said I shouldnt feel pain and now I am going to another PT whom seems to be helping, but from what I have read about frozen shoulders it can take up to a year to go away. It goes through three cycles . Freezing up.. frozen and thawing. Lovely right lol I asked this ortho dr to give me a script for a mri.. no one seems to want to send me, but he has given it to me and I am going to make an appt. as soon the weather is better. I just want to know what is wrong with me. I try to have patience but when you can't move your arm and shoulder or sleep how can you be a happy camper..

Today is my son's birthday and I am working from home.. Baked him a cake and will make him his favorite meal.

Looks like it is going to snow non stop for the next 24 hrs. I can't take this winter already, looking for signs of Spring.. I hope to catch up with all the posts.....
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
So happy you have time to be here. I don't think any of us are here nearly as often...maybe we are...just shorter periods of time.

I've never heard of a frozen shoulder before. I hope it's not too painful although I can tell from your post it does hurt. Maybe this new Dr. is just what is needed to get you painfree and feeling better again.

I know what you mean about the snow Gina....I'm so tired of it too. I need spring so bad.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Dear Gina! A frozen shoulder is not good! I hope you can get increased mobility in it without surgery. Some people have to resort to surgery but you do NOT want to do that if you can avoid it.

Gary had a frozen shoulder and his ortho did PT and then he injected the shoulder capsule with saline (VERY painful) and then more PT. His shoulder is almost normal now. The PT loosens everything up and then the saline expands the capsule so the PT can increase the range of motion in the shoulder. It does take some time, but it can be done!

I went to a chiropractor for my shoulder which did not get better with PT (it was a rotator cuff impingement - not a tear). My shoulder was not frozen, but I did have limited range of motion. The chiro said the PT I had done was wrong and she did different PT along with deep tissue massage (almost killed me), and electrical stimulation therapy. It took about 3 months of treatment to get me back on track.

I sure hope you find out what is wrong and that you can start on the road to recovery!
Old 02-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
paula1961

So glad you could stop in Gina. You are terribly missed my friend. I am so sorry about your shoulder problems, hopefully the new doc can get you fixed up without surgery.

I think after the winter we've all had so far, spring can't come soon enough! The snow is beautiful but I think we've all had enough!

Enjoy your son's birthday!

Hope you will check back in and let us know how you are doing
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
Gina

Thank you ladies.. Gayle I am glad to hear there is hope. I am glad to hear that Gary's went away.

. Paula your a sweetheart, I am stuck in the house for the next few days due to weather I will be hanging out....

Last edited by Gina; 02-25-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That shoulder sounds painful Gina! I hope this doctor gets it under control without surgery and in less than a year!

It's good to see you here. I have missed you! I do see you fb though. You sure have a lot of friends there!

Happy Birthday to your son!

Are you getting crazy snow like we are?

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Gina, I'm so sorry to hear about your shoulder. It sounds very painful so I hope the pt helps. Shoulder problems are not fun because we use our shoulders so much. I've never heard of frozen shoulder either. I hope your new doctor or pt or whatever helps you a lot!!

Don't stay away so long!! I do see you on FB but it's not the same!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #8
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Hey Gina! I'm glad you're getting an MRI, then you can know for sure what the problem is. It's too bad we can't get the right doctor the first time around!!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:00 AM   #9
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Gina, is your shoulder doing any better?

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #10
Gina

Hi Diana...

I haven't gone to PT for a few days so the pain has subsided. If I turn a wrong way it is always there I have limited ROM at the moment. I did go for a MRI this past Thursday I hope to have the results in hopefully Mon or Tues. I just want to know what is going on.. I will keep you all posted. Thank you for thinking of me...
Old 03-11-2010, 06:03 AM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I hope you get the answer soon Gina!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote