4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Comedy & Funny Stuff

Old 11-01-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

A Must-See......

This is short but soooo funny!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/wedding-ceremony.htm
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I bet they laugh alot....LOL. That was cute!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Lol, something always has to happen
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

When Gary and I got married, the minister said these traditional vows, "Will you love him, comfort and keep him, and forsaking all other remain true to him as long as you both shall live?"

If you recall, in olden days when the wife was to repeat these vows, the word "obey" was in there, e.g., love, comfort and OBEY him (of course that was NOT in the man's vows).

Anyway, the word obey was not in our vows either, but at the place where it would have been in olden days, Gary's dad blurted out, "and obey" which of course got everyone tickled. Gary's dad didn't really mean I should obey Gary, he was just a funny guy. We didn't laugh as hard as this bride, but we did have a good laugh during the ceremony.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:33 AM   #5
Janet

Don't you think those kinds of things make for great memories. That's funny that your FIL yelled that out. We didn't put 'obey' in ours back in '73 either...lol, wouldn't have done any good anyway...LOLOL
Old 11-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
DianaB

Gayle, that's funny!!!

In our wedding our ring bearer and flower girl were very young. Well, the ring bearer didn't understand what his part was......he thought that he was getting "murried"!!! He cried and cried and wouldn't go down the aisle because he didn't want to get "murried"!! However the next day for the wedding he went down the aisle because his Mom told him that we would take him to the zoo........Well, we've been married for 37 years and still haven't taken him to the zoo!!! Do you think that we still owe him?
Old 11-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #7
Janet

That is so funny Diana that you still haven't taken him to the zoo. Hop to it girl you have an obligation to this young (?) man...lol
Old 11-05-2011, 06:16 AM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I like that video!!! It's good to start off a marriage laughing!

Diana, how cute! Does he remember that you owe him a trip to the zoo?

My wedding was so religious! My MIL wanted us to use the same rabbi who did the funeral for her husband. He was her neighborhood rabbi. I agreed because 1. I loved her and 2. I never went to temple, so didn't know any rabbis.

So, it turned out that my groom had to buy me from the village. A boy from the temple came in, and Jared gave him a gold coin. Then....Jared and his Mom stood together under the chuppa (like a tent covering over the bride and groom's heads) and I was next to him. My MIL was a very large woman, so I really wasn't under this covering at all. So here I was, all ready to take my vows, say "I do," and be married. I have no idea what the rabbi said since it was all in Hebrew, and I NEVER got to say "I do!" In fact, I never got to say a word! I could have stayed home in my jammys that day! I should have known then, and run right out of that temple!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
Janet

LOL....I love your stories!!
Old 11-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That's only half of it, Janet! We had two separate parties, one at his mom's, and one at mine. My mother didn't like my MIL, and didn't want to chip in with her for a big wedding, so they weren't on speaking terms. Then, my mother didn't like the wedding pictures, so she made us put our wedding clothes back on again, and go to the photographer's studio for retakes about a week later.

That was when I decided NOT to get a telephone in our apartment. My mother could only call me at work, and I had some peace at home! I did this for 4 months!

She was quite difficult!!! I was glad that she lived to make Jessie's first birthday party though. She loved Jessie so much!

I did everything I could not to be a mother like her! Good thing I take after my father's side in tempermant

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #11
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

That video was so funny!!!

Wow Judy, that seems like a lot of drama around your wedding! I would hate not being able to say "I do" or even know what was being said at my wedding!

Diana, I agree you need to take that man to the zoo lol!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #12
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Judy, you have lived such an interesting life. I love hearing everyone's stories. Heres one more for us. The minister forgot about our wedding and didn't show up. We were able to call him and he was only about 15 minutes late. Everyone thought Gary or I had gotten cold feet. LOL!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #13
DianaB

Yeah......we do still owe him a trip to the zoo!! He lives in Washington state now and has three of the cutest little boys himself!!! Hmmm......maybe next time he comes home!!! LOL

I enjoy hearing about the different things in all of your lives too!! We've all lead such different lives!!!

Judy, it sounds like that wedding was more about the groom and his mother!!!!!