4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 05-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Happy Mother's Day!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HMD.JPG (99.7 KB, 7 views)

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

How sweet, thank you! Happy Mothers Day to you I walked across the street today to my brother and sil's house for a grilled hamburger and strawberry shortcake My niece Casey and her boyfriend, and my nephew Clint and his wife were there with their 2 little girls. They cooked and waited on us, and we always have fun together. I don't know what I would do without them all. Casey and I have always been very close, and I hope next year she and Micah will be married I did talk to all my kids, so I am a happy mom. But I really, really miss my Momma...
Old 05-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks Judy! This is kinda a sucky Mother's day with Gary in the hospital. He is so tired of the hospital bed and is just plain sick and tired of the hospital.

I took my mom out for breakfast before I came to the hospital. She liked that. My kids brought me my Happy Mothers Day last weekend, but they did call to wish me a happy day today.

Hope everyone has a nice day!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Thank you Judy, hope you had a nice Mother's Day too.

It was a nice day even though Ricky had to work (we went out last night). He did wish me Happy Mother's Day before he left. Couldn't have asked for nicer weather too. Rick and I went to the cemeteries and put some flowers on his mothers' and step-mothers' graves and then put some on my Mothers' and Sisters' grave.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:37 AM   #5
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I'm sorry Gayle, I know better days are around the corner.

I hope everyone had a great mothers day. My boys didn't remember it was mothers day and the guy in the pizza counter had to wish me a happy mothers day
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm so sorry your boys didn't remember. That happened to me one year with Ricky (remember ladies?)....my feelings were so hurt, I cried for days. I hope it didnt' bother you as much as it bothered me.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sometimes Jessica you have to remind them!!!

Thank you, Judy, for your Mother's Day wishes!! You're so sweet!!

I posted about my Mother's Day somewhere on here.......It was a good day!! I've found lately that I appreciate my Mom more and more. She turned 74 about a month ago and is in such good shape physically that I take it for granted that she'll always be here. I going to try and spend more time with her.....which is hard because she still works but I'm going to try!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Diana, your mother still works at 74???? Wow!

Happy belated mother's day everyone!!!

It was our garage sale weekend and our local antique shop takes part, so I went there looking for a mother's day gift for my mom. I found a beautiful antique typewriter for just $30!! But when I went back later with more money it was already gone BUT they were giving away two tables full of stuff for free becuase it was the end of the day. I got her a large set of antique plates. I guess the wind came up and knocked a lot of it off so it's not a full set But there are dinner plates, different saucers, little bowls, and one cup. They have a pink rose on them and gold designs around the edges. I think she'll like them, and they were free!! I'm really not that cheap, I was prepared to spend the $30!

I told her I would be bringing a gift for her when I go home this weekend. She said I better not have spent a lot of money on her!! I was like "Don't worry, I didn't. I'll tell you the story when I get home"

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:09 AM   #9
DianaB

That's funny, Lindsey!! If you ever want to complete the set you can look on E-Bay. If they're marked it's pretty easy to find them. I'm sure your Mother loved them!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #10
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Lol I hope she will love them! I am bringing them to her this weekend because I didn't see her last weekend

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #11
DianaB

Judy, My Mom is a VERY young 74!! She has kept herself in shape and is very active. She's had a few problems......like a mild heart attack last year and had some stents put in. She has worked at the same place for over 30 years as a bookkeeper.......and she has cut down to 4 days a week!! LOL I think her job is security to her......it's hard to let it go because it represents financial security for her and Art, who still works a couple of days at a Honda shop!! I think that she'll work until her health forces her to quit and who knows when that will be!!

After I stop laughing!!!