4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > 4WT Book Club

Old 08-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oprah's new book selection

The name of the book is "Middlesex." I read it a couple of years ago and it is fantastic!

It's a huge sage about this wonderful Greek family through the years. It's called Middlesex because they carry the genetic trait for hermaphrodites.

It's fascinating well written and combines the oddness of hermaphrodites with the story of this great family and with their history.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Sounds interesting! I just read (and re-read) the seventh HP book and I can't stop thinking about it. I hope you enjoyed this book just as much as I enjoyed mine!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:26 PM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm waiting for that to come on CD's. I love listening to books while I'm driving, or on the beach. They have to be unabridged.

I'm so excited. I love HP!

Old 08-14-2007, 08:45 AM   #4
AngieDoogles

Oh my! The last one was wonderful and awful at the same time. You'll see what I mean when you get to hear it. When does it come out on CD?

Have you finished Middlesex yet? If so, how was it??
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
Old 08-15-2007, 11:45 AM   #5
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm not sure I read the one before this now! I have to at least see the movie.
I got the discs and started listening, and I'm loving it, but have to see the movie
of the last book right away si I can catch up.

Middlesex was fantastic - I read it a couple of summers ago.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #6
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy
I'm not sure I read the one before this now! I have to at least see the movie.
I got the discs and started listening, and I'm loving it, but have to see the movie
of the last book right away si I can catch up.

Middlesex was fantastic - I read it a couple of summers ago.
Oh no! It's definitely a series you need to read (or in this case listen to ) in order. Unfortunately, the sixth movie isn't out yet so you won't be able to catch up that way. Maybe you could find book six on CD as well?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:37 AM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Which movie is out? The fifth? I read that. I have to catch up on my HP!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Which movie is out? The fifth? I read that. I have to catch up on my HP!
Yes, the fifth movie is out and all seven books are out now too. The sixth movie will be released November 2008 and the seventh in 2009. (If I remember correctly)

One easy question I could ask to see if you've read all of the books except for the last one is do you know who the Half-Blood Prince is or what a horcrux is? If the answer is no, you'll need to read the sixth book or find those CDs before you listen to your book 7 CDs, otherwise you'll be really confused. Hope that helped!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Okay - thanks. I'm going to eBay to get the audiotapes for the Half Blood Prince
and will save the new one until I hear this one.

How many people realize the importance of these things? You must read the HPs in order. You have saved me from a very bad thing, and I am in your debt.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #10
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Okay - thanks. I'm going to eBay to get the audiotapes for the Half Blood Prince
and will save the new one until I hear this one.

How many people realize the importance of these things? You must read the HPs in order. You have saved me from a very bad thing, and I am in your debt.
Lol! Glad that catastrophe has been averted...