4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-29-2008, 07:57 AM   #1
Emmsmom

Mccain picks a WOMAN!

I don't want to make this topic about a certain party... I simply wondered what you all think about a woman possibly being the Vice President? I have always said that I didn't like woman holding offices like this because so many in the world just really don't respect women. I had my doubts about Condoleezza Rice. So far she seems to be holding her own when it comes to other countries. I am very old fashioned and have always thought that men should be running the country. I am slowly changing my mind. The lady he picked seems to have a lot of qualities that I like. I don't mean her polictical views.. I like the fact that she seems to be just a regular person like any one of us. So what do you guys think about women holding offices like this.

Here is a link that shows how down to earth she seems.

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/...rah-palin.html
Old 08-29-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
Shada

I don't have a problem with a woman vice president. I see no reason why a woman can't hold office and be a huge asset to our country.

That being said, I really don't think McClain is the man we need in office as our President. Not sure about Obama either.. not going to be a easy election year.
I do wish Hillary Clinton had won the nomination. She didn't. But she is now endorsing Obama and that for me is probably the turning point.

One thing I know for sure, George Bush has hurt our country, and we need a strong man to try to fix the huge mistakes he has made.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Emmsmom

Well after her speech I am sold... I thought it was nice of her to mention Hillary and Geraldine Feraldo. Hillary was the first First Lady to become a senator. Even tho I don't like Hillary you have to repsect everything that she has accomplished. I think that Palin will represent women very nicely.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #4
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Let's keep in mind that McCain is 72 years old. This lady even as nice as she is has been govenor of a state with a population of 670,053 for one month longer than Obama has been running for President. Prior to that, she was the part time mayor of a small town of 6,700 people, and prior to that a city counsel member for that small town.

For comparison, the population of Memphis, Tennessee is 674,028.

Again, she may be a wonderful person, but there are a lot of wonderful people in the Republican party who are pro-life who have much more experience than this fine lady.

Who do you want to answer the phone at 3 a.m.? Sarah Palin, hockey mom and small town mayor/small state govenor, or someone with some years of experience with international relations.

Kay Bailey Hutchison or Condoleza Rice are fine Republican women with the right kind of experience. If we are looking at credentials and not just gender, there are lots of very qualified Republicans who I would much rather have answer that phone at 3 a.m.

She, again, may have a heart of gold, but is she ready to hold the most important elected position in the country, maybe in the world?

It really makes you wonder why her, why now? I'm all for women in high level positions in our government. I believe they bring wonderful qualities to the job, but when a woman is put in that position, it needs to be one who is extremely qualified and ready to perform the functions required of her, whatever they may be.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
Shada

Well said Marilyn..
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:32 AM   #6
Emmsmom

That's all fine and dandy but I wasn't asking what anyone thought of her as a Republican.. I was wondering what everyone thinks of women in general holding high positions such as this.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:51 PM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
Let's keep in mind that McCain is 72 years old. This lady even as nice as she is has been govenor of a state with a population of 670,053 for one month longer than Obama has been running for President. Prior to that, she was the part time mayor of a small town of 6,700 people, and prior to that a city counsel member for that small town.

For comparison, the population of Memphis, Tennessee is 674,028.

Again, she may be a wonderful person, but there are a lot of wonderful people in the Republican party who are pro-life who have much more experience than this fine lady.

Who do you want to answer the phone at 3 a.m.? Sarah Palin, hockey mom and small town mayor/small state govenor, or someone with some years of experience with international relations.

Kay Bailey Hutchison or Condoleza Rice are fine Republican women with the right kind of experience. If we are looking at credentials and not just gender, there are lots of very qualified Republicans who I would much rather have answer that phone at 3 a.m.

She, again, may have a heart of gold, but is she ready to hold the most important elected position in the country, maybe in the world?

It really makes you wonder why her, why now? I'm all for women in high level positions in our government. I believe they bring wonderful qualities to the job, but when a woman is put in that position, it needs to be one who is extremely qualified and ready to perform the functions required of her, whatever they may be.
Never mind................

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!

Last edited by DianaB; 08-30-2008 at 07:55 PM.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:41 AM   #8
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Reason and logic are lost and so are we. Emotion rules.......
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote