4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 01-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #16
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Oh goodness, that's not good. I'm so sorry all of this is happening back to back. Sending more positive thoughts and energy your way. XOXO
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #17
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad falling. He and your family are in my prayers!! Keep us posted!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #18
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm so sorry to read that Linda. You're a strong woman, but we're here for you. If you need anything even just to talk you know my number. Try to stay positive. (((((hugs))))
Old 01-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #19
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Poor Dad! Have a safe trip, and keep us posted please. You are all in my prayers.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #20
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It is so hard, Linda. I hope things go really well for his surgery and rehab. My mom fell and broke her leg in Oct. and it is very very hard. You just have to do the best you can. Take care of yourself, you can't run yourself ragged.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #21
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Linda, you will need to find a rehab facility that will take patients with dementia. That may take a bit of looking since not all of them will. It is important to get him in a facility that knows how to do rehab with someone with dementia. Without proper rehab, he may never walk again.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:23 AM   #22
Janet

Linda...how are you doing? Your Dad?
Old 01-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #23
2tiredmom

ok. just got home then had to make the usual calls to people to let them know i was home. this may take a minute to type. Sorry. I had to unwind from my 2 1/2 hour drive home. back in september dad was living by himself and fell and fractured his pelvis. So they put him in a nursing home for rehab. That was september. They let him out on Thanksgiving He had 100 days before medicade would start. So he got out then went to live with my brother and SIL because he lives near them.
Any way. My brother want's my dads house. So the drs today said he needed to go to rehab again at nursinghome. Well i went today and checked on it. he can only be there for 22 days because that's how many days he had left from the last time he was there. if he had done this the middle of Feb. he would have had the 100 days again. Anyway. if he is there longer than 22 days it's S$160.00 a day for room and board. Does not count meds or supplies. Then medicaid will kick in after a while.
He will have to sell his home. My brother is mad does not want to sell the house as I said he wants the house. but he does not have the money to buy it and he couldn't any way because in Indiana if we had put it in our names 5 years ago they could not touch it. BUt they can now if we were to sell it to my brother. As I was saying he does not have the money any way. So him and my SIL don't care for me much right now. I just want what''s best for my dad. They just want the house.
SO go figure. Sorry but I needed to VENT. Thaks for reading. Dad may get out on THursday. will write more later after i have calmed down a bit. Back to work tomorrow so I can get my mind off things. Thanks again.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #24
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear all of this. It is so hard when family doesn't agree on things and it sounds like your brother is being very selfish. It is just so hard to manage aging parents along with aging selves!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #25
DianaB

So sorry that you're dealing with this. Kansas is the same way. If you sell something they can come back and take it somehow to pay for their nursing home payments. I'm not sure how you get around it. Your brother will have to pay fair market value for the house I'm afraid to be able to buy it. We're here if you need us. Hugs!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #26
2tiredmom

Well Dad may not get out tomorrow. He had different nurses today and they never even got him out of bed. He was suppose to do therapy every day and sit in a chair. They were suppose to take out his cathiter today too. He ended up getting 1 pt of blood his count was down. But that is normal. My brother stopped in to see him after he got off work and found out they had not done anything forhim all day except for the blood. SO he was upset. He waited around for the dr to come in but he never did. Even though he was there. So he had to talk to him on the phone. He just blew my brother off. That's what I get for being so far away and having to work. But with gas being what it is it really sucks....
Okay. well i hope to have better news tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #27
DianaB

Sorry, Linda. Try not to worry about your Dad and let your brother handle it. You know that he's doing the best that he can and he understands that you can't stay there for long because of responsibilities at home. I know that's hard but you need to take care of Linda as well. Hugs, GF!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #28
Janet

I'm sorry you have to go through all this Linda. I know how hard it is. Your brother just needs to understand that the house was your dad's and an investment for his future....not your brothers. Both of mine gave me hard times too, I guess it just comes with the territory being the only daughter, but it sucks.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #29
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

This is too bad, Linda! What alternative does your brother have to offer? It doesn't sound like he has any! It is too bad he will lose the house, but this is such a common thing. My ex MIL went through the same thing, but didn't have to sell the house. They might have taken the money owed from the sale of the house after she passed on.

I have the papers to fill out and have to find out how to put my house in Jessica's name. I would like to have control over it, but I have no idea what the laws are. My union will help me for free, so I betteer get to it.

I sure hope your Dad feels better soon. That's really the only important thing.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #30
Janet

Linda....any update on your Dad? Has he been released to rehab yet? My prayers are with you!