4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 09-29-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Bad Food - Bad Service

We went to celebrate 3 birthdays this evening (Abigail, my mom, my son-in-law) at our favorite Mexican restaurant - but not the location we usually go to. Sadly, the service was bad and the food was really not up to par. It was so unusual - my daughter and her family eat at this location often, and even they commented that the food was not up to par. Nothing tasted like it was supposed to!

We waited 15 minutes for them to take our drink order - so by then we ordered our food with the drinks. It was probably 5 more minutes before she brought our drinks - by now we've been eating chips and hot salsa for 20 minutes with no drinks!

Then it took 25 more minutes to get our food and she brought the food to half of us and the other half waited a good 5+ minutes to get their food. My order and my daughter's order was wrong (but nothing we couldn't tolerate). But the worst part was that nothing tasted like it was supposed to! It was just OK, not GOOD as it usually is.

Very disappointing. HOWEVER, I just noticed on the bill that she didn't charge us for any of our drinks!!! We each had tea or soft drinks, so that was a nice compensation - although I don't think it was on purpose. I thought when I paid the bill that it was low, now I know why!
Old 09-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

How disappointing. I wonder why they were having problems especially for so much to be wrong. Maybe they had a new cook, but that wouldn't explain the drinks being late. I'm sure that it put a damper on your party. Sorry.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:20 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That would be so disappointing for me. I really enjoy dining out and it's because I usually don't have to wait and the food is so good. I've not been to a disappointing place for quite awhile. Hope it stays that way.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Oh, Gayle, it's so disappointing when things like that happen. Hope you still have a good time though!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #5
Tiramisu

Doesn't it seem that good service makes the food taste better and there's nothing worse that bad food with bad service?

There's a chain of family restaurants here, owned by the Pappadoupolis family: Pappas Seafood, Pappas BBQ, Pappasitos Cantina, Pappadeaux Cajun, and Pappas Steakhouse. We love Pappasitos - the best margaritas we've ever had. In 20 years of eating at these restaurants, I don't remember ever having bad service or food at any of them. We did have bad table neighbors once, but we got past it.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #6
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

That is terrible, maybe they changed management . I would have complained upon leaving. I guess they didn't charge for the drinks for that reason. But really, sometimes you hate to take it out on the waiters or waitress. I am a good tipper but if the service is bad and the food is not good , I leave much less.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
That is terrible, maybe they changed management . I would have complained upon leaving. I guess they didn't charge for the drinks for that reason. But really, sometimes you hate to take it out on the waiters or waitress. I am a good tipper but if the service is bad and the food is not good , I leave much less.
I agree with that Gina! My best friend (and I love her to pieces) has been a waitress for years, even after getting a degree! She made a lot of money on tips. When we were in NYC, we had a few places with terrible service! She still insisted we all tip at least 15%... finally one girl stood up and said she was sick of tipping for bad service. But that's what a tip is... something extra for excellent service. I don't think tipping is required. It's not like they don't get paid a base wage... if they want tips, they should EARN it! I still usually give a little when the service is just okay, but when it's bad I won't leave anything.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:06 PM   #8
paula1961

I feel the same way as Gina and Lindsey! Good service deserves a reward, bad service does not! I am glad though that you guys at least got your drinks free. I probably wouldn't go back there.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #9
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

My daughter and I left all our thoughts on two comment cards - hopefully management will see it.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:51 AM   #10
guekSeaB73

Bad Food Bad Service

I hate bad customer service. Being in the food industry for 5 years. I pride myself in doing a good job & acknowledging when I make a mistake. I always go out of my way to make up for the nishap.

Where is has the quality of service gone? Bad wait staff...slow restaurants...disgusting food...dont even mention fast food restaurants...

Short of never eating out again...what would be the best way to bring these issues up to management?
Old 10-31-2009, 04:39 AM   #11
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Well, we left our thoughts on a comment card, and when things are really bad, I ask to speak to the manager. But you never know how seriously your complaints are taken - I think it may vary from restaurant to restaurant.