4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 03-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I hate time changes......

Here it is........daylight savings time........again. My body was already having trouble getting up in the morning and .........________(insert your own word here) if I didn't lose another hour!!! It sure didn't help me with getting up the next morning for church!!! I had a hard time staying awake.........and we always sit on the second row.......but Pastor hasn't said anything YET!!! Then we had Care Group last night and Glen and I stayed up late after everyone left.....you know, just to relax a little.

The good news is........that this morning I got woke up by Karlie coming in the house.....with her Momma, Daddy, and Baby Dean!!!! It was my little guys first time at Grandma's house!!! It seemed like everyone showed up after they got here......we had Kera, Daya, and they had a friend, Clare. Then later Amy showed up......she's been sick but is feeling better so she was tickled to get to hold Baby Dean!!! Karley, Kiley, Elijah, and they had a friend with them too, Megan, showed up as well!! It felt like my house was Grand Central Station!!!! The good news is.......that I love having everyone here!!!!!

Oh, and after everyone left........I had a nap!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I love it when lots of family shows up! That's cool!

But I have to disagree with you - I LOVE LOVE LOVE daylight savings time. When I get home from work, it is still light enough to sit on the back porch, work in the yard or run around and not be in the dark. I do miss that hour of sleep to be sure. And like you I feel sleepy the first week or so, but it is soooo worth it!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 06:33 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I forgot about Daylight Savings Time, but Jessie reminded me on Sunday.

I usually go by Cable National Time, and now Kitchen Standard Time is set on DSL also. However, Upstairs National Time is still on the old time, so Diana, you can come over and sleep upstairs if you need that extra hour.

Sunday night came with the extra hour of daylight, and I must say I agree with you Gayle. I do love it when it stays light late.

Spring must be coming!!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

We don't do daylight savings time, but I hate that the rest of the world does LOL! I usually go home at lunch and watch the Price is Right, and now I have to find something new to watch

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:23 AM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I DO like the daylight savings time because of having a longer day with light!! I just wish that we'd keep it that way and not change back and forth. I just don't change as easily as I used to!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I really never notice that much of a difference as far as sleep goes. I wish it would always stay as it is now...with light longer into the evening. I get so much more done it seems.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #7
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
well i stayed up till 11:00 last night, kept telling myself it's really only 10:00. boy could i tell the difference this morning when i got up. I do like that it stays light later though, just gotta adjust my bedtime.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I like it, too! Diana, I just love it when everybody shows up like that and enjoys each others company. A new baby is the best reason to celebrate!!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I think most people want to do away with changing the clock back in the winter. It really is just another reason to have the winter blues.

I think they began it to save energy, and for farmers. Ben Franklin first began DSL, then they got rid of it for a while. Then, they brought it back in the 1970's, and here we are stuck with it.

A woman really should be President!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote