4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > My Pictures & Videos!

Old 08-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I Have A Very Stupid Brother

My younger brother took my Mom to car lots today and she bought...well leased a 2010 Toyota Rav4 for 3 years. What a stupid dumba$$. I think when they passed out brains he thought they said chains and wanted his with large holes in them!!!

She is so thrilled and drove it out to show me. I'm very happy for her, but now she says that everything will fit so she can go to Florida. My brother didn't even talk with my older brother or myself about this. I'm so angry that I could stomp the you-know-what out of him and not think twice about it.

Mom called me up while at the dealership and was so happy. After I acted thrilled for her, I asked to speak to Brad and the very first thing I said to him was "do you have any idea at all what you've just done." He told me he didn't influence her in anyway.......yeah right.

She just took out 5 mailboxes....not her first accident or second....can't see well....deaf in one ear....on kidney dialysis....congestive heart failure. What the he** was he thinking?

Well....I took some pictures of Mom, at 87 and her very first ever brand new car...

055.jpg 057.jpg 058.jpg

059.jpg

Last edited by Janet; 08-14-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
Janet

Some more....063.jpg 064.jpg 065.jpg
Old 08-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I know she's happy, but you have every right to be pissed as hell at your brother. I think he left his brains at home.

The car is beautiful and she looks so happy, but...............
Old 08-15-2010, 03:49 AM   #4
Janet

I know Gayle....she was so happy she was just glowing. There was no way I was going to bust her bubble, but I sure would like bust my brother!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'd like to bust your bother too. And I can say that because I work with families in this very situation and I can tell you he did her no favor. We can only hope for a good outcome. And that does not include going to Florida this winter. There's no way she should be down there, unless she is already set up with a doctor to treat potential infection, dialysis should it be needed, someone to take her to the doctor, and come to her house to help her when she needs help, cuz she's gonna need help.

Oh Dear!
Old 08-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh my! He should be forced to go down to Florida with her!

I am sorry you now have something else to worry about Janet. Mom looks very happy, and she has my prayers that she will remain so happy.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
Janet

Mom does think she will be driving the new car to Florida. Usually my sister-in-law Betty drives her down and flies back...then flies back down in April and drives her home. Betty won't be doing that this year because my niece is getting married and Betty will be using her vacation time to help with the wedding instead of using it for Florida.

That leaves Mom driving....first she'll have to load everything up which there is no way she can do it so hopefully that will work. I haven't spoke with my brother yet....I need to cool down. Mom is already standing up for the 'baby' of the family saying he didn't tell her to do anything. I told her he had done enough. I'm so angry and I need to learn how to control how I'm feeling right now. He really has no clue what he's done. I was hoping to have her Dr., eye Dr. or the license branch intervene, but now I just don't know. I need to speak with my older brother so we can be on the same page with this.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
DIANE W

Oh Janet as if you have not got enough to deal with, without your brother making things worse.

The car is just beautiful, my sister in law has one of those too, but goodness me your Mum looks so tiny in the car.

I can only admire her guts Janet - i know that doesnt help you worrying though, she is such a positive person and in one way i think that is a really good thing.

My Aunty is just the opposite, she has practically given up on her vigor for life. I am worried a lot about her quality of life etc.

You know your family best and i am sure you will figure a way to work things out, maybe when things go wrong at your Mums you should have your brother deal with it all and take care of things, maybe then he will see what you are so annoyed about!!!!!!

Good luck with it all, I totally understand why you couldnt burst her bubble, she looks so happy with the car.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #9
paula1961

Wow Janet........I can't believe your brother allowed this to happen. Sadly.....there's at least one like him in every family. They just think about how happy it makes her for the moment and not the long term effect it could have. I will be praying for her and your family.

The car is beautiful and she does look so happy in it but that is beside the point. Hopefully everything will work out for the best. Hugs to you!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:10 AM   #10
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Janet, Iam sorry you are going through this, you know my thoughts on it.
Your mom does look so happy in the vehicle though....and Paula is right there is usually one in every family that dosen't have a clue!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #11
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Your Mom does look very happy but I know that's not how you feel. I would be pretty upset too. Let your brother take care of and worry about your Mom for awhile and he'll feel differently about her going to Florida. I hope that you can make her understand that Florida is not in the picture any more. I'm so sorry.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #12
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Janet your brother is soo wrong in what he did , But I have to say your mom God love her is so full of life at her age and with her medical condition. I have not seen any person her age let alone with her history want to drive alone to Fla. But I have to agree with you and the others , she cannot go.... your brother did this without consulting you and your other brother now HE must take over and tell her she cannot go to FLA..

Sending you hugs .... Never a dull moment..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote