4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-24-2010, 08:23 AM   #1
paula1961

American Idol

Do any of you watch this? I got hooked on it three seasons ago I also have my son, Mom and sister watching it too!
If you watch it, you know that last night was the first night of voting. I voted for Crystal, she's not your average star quality type, but she has a great voice imo.

Just thought I would see if any of you watch it too
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I use to, but don't watch it much anymore. I think the last ones I watched faithfully was with Ruben Stoddard and Carrie Underwood won.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I watched it last night but I didn't vote. It was the first time this season that I have watched it, but I used to watch it all of the time. I do have it set to record so I won't miss anything!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sorry, but I don't watch it either.

I did find out last time that Chris, whatever his last name is, goes to the same church as a friend of mine. I didn't find that out until after he won and I found the friend on Facebook. She was pretty excited about his win!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
paula1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
I watched it last night but I didn't vote. It was the first time this season that I have watched it, but I used to watch it all of the time. I do have it set to record so I won't miss anything!
Since it's so early in the season, I just vote for my favorite of the night lol. That's why I voted for Crystal. I'll really start taking it seriously when they get to the top ten!

What do you think of Ellen? I think she's okay but I sure miss Paula Abdul. This will probably be my last year of watching it since Simon is leaving. Personally I think he and Paula made the show fun and entertaining to watch.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I watched it last week, but I have 4 movies waiting for me to watch, and I will wait until they narrow down a bit. I have never voted, but I think it's a very good opportunity for talented people to showcase their work. So much talent!

I always thought Paula was either on drugs or just "off." I did like the way she and Simon picked at each other though. Ellen is okay...she needs time to grow into her place on the show, I think.

Diana, I thought Chris was a pastor???? I loved him, and Adam Lambert too. Mackenzie and Jessie went to the American Idol Live show in Albany, and Mackenzie thought Adam was disgusting! She said he was way too sexual, and it was not nice! Good for her! She has good values! (She didn't care that he was gay either).

Enjoy it tonight!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I only watched one season. I don't watch much TV at all. My schedule is so erratic that I would have to DVR things to see all of a series. I do that occasionally, but then usually don't end up watching it anyway.

I did enjoy the season I watched - but I didn't like Simon AT ALL - he irritated the heck out of me!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:26 AM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It seems that Simon has softened a bit. Maybe I just got used to him though.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
paula1961

I think you're right about Simon Judy.

Did you watch it last night? I thought the guys did much better than the girls! I think that lil Casey is a hunk!! He'll probably go far, he has a good voice and the girls will like him.
Tonight is the results show, I think four of them will leave tonight.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I did not watch it last night. I watched the movie, "Inglorious Basterds." It was amazing!!! It's a Quentin Tarentino, which means it's very violent, but I love his movies.

I'm watching some of the Oscar nominees. I have Julie and Julia, Hurt Locker, and District 9 on DVR. I also have 8 Cake Boss/Ace of Cakes episodes, and a documentary about the history of NYC, White Collar, Psych, and I think that's about it!

Old 02-25-2010, 04:33 PM   #11
paula1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
I did not watch it last night. I watched the movie, "Inglorious Basterds." It was amazing!!! It's a Quentin Tarentino, which means it's very violent, but I love his movies.

I'm watching some of the Oscar nominees. I have Julie and Julia, Hurt Locker, and District 9 on DVR. I also have 8 Cake Boss/Ace of Cakes episodes, and a documentary about the history of NYC, White Collar, Psych, and I think that's about it!
Good thing you have snow and can't go anywhere...you will need a few days to watch all of those movies lol. I want to watch Julie and Julia! Let me know how that is.

I figured that Inglorious Bastards would be really good. Doesn't Brad Pitt star in that? Or am I thinking of a different movie?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:39 AM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Brad Pitt is the star, and he is great in this part. He's a very good actor, and I love his movies.

I won't see an Angelina Jolie movie though. To me, she is the lowest of the low. (Not that he is innocent either, but men don't always think with their brains!)

Old 02-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #13
paula1961

I like Brad Pitt as an actor. He was awesome in Legends of the fall. I loved that movie. As far as Angelina Jolie.......can't stand her

Have you watched Julie and Julia yet?
Old 02-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #14
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Paula, Legends of the Fall is one of my all time favorite movies!!! Ahhh, Tristan! Brad Pitt is both a HUNK and a very good actor in that movie.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #15
Medical Amma

I watched it till top 15. I love other shows like Britain got talent. It is really entertaining