4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > 4WT Recipes

Old 08-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Breaded Tomatoes

THIS IS THE EASIEST RECIPE EVER!

2 - 14 oz cans of tomatoes (I used some canned tomatoes from my garden)
5 slices of bread - torn to bite sized pieces
1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar depending on taste (I used splenda)
salt and pepper
butter

Heat tomatoes in a pan. Add sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir. Add the bread. Stir. Heat through and ladle into a bowl. Top with a pat of butter.

I added a little more splenda to my bowl because I like sweeter breaded tomatoes. I didn't use any butter and it was still very good. You could add more or less bread depending on how you like the consistency of the breaded tomatoes.

Gary was just wild about it - he ate TWO big bowls and said I could make it for him anytime. I would imagine it took me all of five minutes to prepare. Pretty inexpensive too.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm glad you all enjoyed the breaded tomatoes. Me....I love tomato soup, but don't like tomatoes or ketchup...I know...I'm weird..lol
Old 08-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I'm glad you all enjoyed the breaded tomatoes. Me....I love tomato soup, but don't like tomatoes or ketchup...I know...I'm weird..lol
Yes Janet, you are weird! LOL! I love tomatoes of any sort in any place, almost. I don't like pizza with lots of tomato sauce - a little is OK. We have a pizza place here that makes one of their pizzas with crushed up roma tomatoes, no sauce, just the crushed romas. Now, that is really good! It's a spinach pizza, which sounds gross, but is really good. My favorite pizza is a white pizza (spinach or artichoke) with no tomato sauce. Go figure!

If you go somewhere that has a California Pizza Kitchen restaurant (there aren't any in Indiana though ), try the white pizza or the white pizza with artichoke. It is good!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Yes Janet, you are weird! LOL! I love tomatoes of any sort in any place, almost. I don't like pizza with lots of tomato sauce - a little is OK. We have a pizza place here that makes one of their pizzas with crushed up roma tomatoes, no sauce, just the crushed romas. Now, that is really good! It's a spinach pizza, which sounds gross, but is really good. My favorite pizza is a white pizza (spinach or artichoke) with no tomato sauce. Go figure!

If you go somewhere that has a California Pizza Kitchen restaurant (there aren't any in Indiana though ), try the white pizza or the white pizza with artichoke. It is good!
I too prefer white sauce on my pizza, with chicken and spinach, yummy.

Thanks for the recipe I will try this one too
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

MMMMM! I made breaded tomatoes again tonight and they were as good as the first time I made them.