4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 09-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Just one more thing!!

I have just one more thing to say and i think i am done for the day!!

I have a new neighbor.....it's hubbys ex wife....I am not a happy camper!!

Her brother owns/owned the house, he doesn't live there anymore but was about to loose it so she is either renting or buying it, there is only our fence between her and us.

I am not concerned about hubby, it's just that she is a druggie and i don't need that in my back yard, besides if she becomes a nusiance i will just tell her to stay the F@*^ away.

I started this post this morning but deleted it because it was to complicated to explain everything and yes hubby was divorced a year before i met him.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I wish we could fix her up with my hubby.....LOLOLOL
Old 09-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Lynne, that would piss me off, big time! I have to put up with my husband's ex, but she is 350 miles away. Every time we visit Gary's relatives where she lives, she brings the grandkids or her sons (Gary's sons too) to see Gary - and she always comes with them. She always shows up at family things, invited or not. I just try to ignore her. The rest of the family is nice to her (not overly) but they are getting tired of her coming to family get togethers. It's really kind of pitiful. Like you, I don't worry one iota about Gary, it's just an annoyance.

Anyway, I can't imagine if she lived right behind me. I might have to blow a gasket. The good thing though, is that I rarely see my neighbors behind me. Do you have a wood fence between your yard and hers? A 6 foot wood privacy fence would really help and if you don't have one that completely blocks the view to her house, I'd make hubby install one! LOL!

Oh and since she is a druggie, then maybe she won't be able to keep the house very long either!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh no! A druggie ex-wife doesn't sound like a good deal! Lay low when she is around, and try not to get into any conversations with her, if possible.

Take deep breaths Lynne!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #5
Janet

So Lynne.......have you taken some fresh baked cookies to your new neighbors house to welcome her to the neighborhood?????

Please don't shoot me.....please don't shoot me!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:27 AM   #6
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Great idea Janet! Kill 'em with kindness
Old 09-16-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I have no idea what I would do in your situation

But I know I would be piss
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #8
paula1961

OMG!!! I can't imagine having to deal with that $hi#! Thank goodness hubby's girls are grown and the ex is in another county
Good luck with that Lynne! I hope she doesn't give you guys any crap!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:32 AM   #9
Janet

I do know that her new neighbors' brother came to borrow some tools. Lynne....if you need any help over there....you just call me girlfriend. We'll let her and her brother know there is a fence there for a reason!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:47 AM   #10
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
well i have only seen her going in and out of her house, no visits yet from her.
It's not that i can't get along with her as long as she stays on her side of the fence and yes it's a 6' privacy fence, it's just kind of an uncomfortable feeling knowing she is right there.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #11
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It would be an uncomfortable feeling for me to have Gary's ex just across the fence. Gary's ex asked me to be her friend on FB We get along fine, and she lives in another state - but I felt I had to say "yes" so I did, and then promptly "hid" her from my home page - didn't want to look at her mug every day!

Oh yes, she asked Gary to be her "friend" too - I told him I thought that was kinda weird, but that it was OK with me He hardly ever checks his FB page though, I usually check it and tell him if he needs to get on FB!
Old 09-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #12
Janet

I think you can also block her from seeing your posts Gayle and still be her 'friend'.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #13
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I think you can also block her from seeing your posts Gayle and still be her 'friend'.
Hmmm, how can I block her from seeing my posts? I have her blocked so I don't see her posts, but didn't know I could stop her from seeing mine. Can you tell me how?
Old 09-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #14
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Oh my!!!! What an awful situation!!!!! I've never had to deal with an ex-wife but I don't think that I'd like one living right next door!!!......especially a druggie one!!!! Hopefully you'll be able to avoid any conversations or contact with her. Good luck!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #15
Janet

Gayle.....Without being on FB right this minute....I think you go into your account and then your privacy settings.