4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > 4WT Recipes

Old 11-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I can't believe I screwed up the Corn Flake Cookie recipe. I hope none of you tried it.

Here is the corrected recipe.

CORNFLAKE COOKIES

1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Karo Syrup
let this come to a boil and then turn off the heat

Add:
1 1/2 Cups Peanut Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla
6 Cups of CornFlakes

Mix all together and drop onto wax paper

These are soooo good. I can't believe when I posted this last year...I left out the peanut butter....duh!!!

Last edited by Janet; 11-17-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:06 PM   #17
Janet

I copy and pasted this from when I posted it last year. I can't wait to eat this dressing.

With Thanksgiving fast approaching, I wanted to share the best dressing recipe I've ever had. My husband loved it so much he likes it as a meal anytime: One tip is don't lift the lid once you start the crock pot, (not sure why).

CROCK POT DRESSING
1 cup butter or oleo
1 cup chopped onions
2- 8 oz. cans mushrooms (drained)
1 20 oz. loaf of bread (cubed)
2 eggs well beaten
1 cup chopped celery (optional)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. sage
1/2 cup parsley
5 to 8 cups chicken (cubed)

Thin mushroom soup with broth. Heat mushroom soup, broth and butter until butter is melted. Mix all ingredients together and let stand for ten minutes. Put in crock pot and cook on high for 45 minutes, then on low for 3 to 4 hours.

* Instead of 1 cup of butter I use 1/2 cup of butter and 1/2 cup more broth.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #18
2tiredmom

I'm so Hungry right now.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #19
pope1982

Here are a few of the recipes we have tried, repeat and recommend!

Not Yo Mommas Banana Puddin

Ingredients
2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessman Cookies
6 - 8 Bananas, sliced (ripe but not over-ripe)
2 cups Milk
1 box Instant French Vanilla Pudding (5oz)
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
12 oz Cool Whip (thawed) or Sweetened Whipped Cream

Directions
Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and
condensed milk together and mix until smooth.
Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended.
Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Spicy Green Beans

Ingredients
4 slices bacon, cup into 1-inch pieces
1 onion, minced
2 pounds fresh green beans, tipped and washed
1 cup boiling water
3 tablespoons white vinegar
3 tablespoons butter
Salt
Cayenne pepper
1/2 lemon, juiced
Directions
Cook bacon in frying pan until crisp. Drain bacon and set aside, leaving drippings in skillet. Add onions to drippings and saute until tender. Add green beans to pan and saute over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add boiling water to pan and cover. Cook for about 15 minutes, just until beans are tender. Add vinegar, butter, and salt and cayenne, to taste, and stir. Add back crisp bacon before serving. Garnish with a squeeze of lemon juice.

These are good for Super Bowl parties, New Years or to nibble while you are waiting for the dinner to finish

Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps

Ingredients
1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
1 (1-pound) package sliced bacon
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. Cut each bacon slice into thirds. Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick. Stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture. Coat a rack and broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken wrap on rack in broiler pan. Bake 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.

I also take jalapeno peppers, de-seed the halves and stuff them with cream cheese, wrap each half with a whole or a half strip of bacon (depending on how much the brand you buy shrinks), secure it with a toothpick and either grill or bake until crispy.
pope1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:02 AM   #20
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shada View Post
Ok.. you asked and so you shall receive!!!

Corn Casserole
1 can creamed corn
1 can kernel corn, drained
1 stick butter, melted (I sometimes use only 1/2 stick, and it comes out just as good.)
2 beaten eggs
1 pkg. Jiffy corn mix
1/2 of an 8 oz. carton sour cream

Mix both cans corn, 1 package corn mix, sour cream and melted butter. Add beaten eggs. Mix thoroughly using wooden spoon. Grease bottom of 8x8" pan. Pour in pan or glass dish. Bake at 350ºF for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when placed in center of pudding.

Dirt Cake
This is also often called Dirt Pudding. 1 (20 ounce) package Oreos
8 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup margarine
1 cup confectioners' sugar
12 ounces Cool Whip
2 (3-1/2 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Crush cookies to find crumbs in food processor. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, margarine and sugar. Fold in Cool Whip. Set aside.

Mix pudding mixes, milk and vanilla extract. Stir pudding mixture into cream cheese mixture and mix well.

In 9 X 13 pan alternate the cream cheese mixture and crumbs ending with the crumbs

Shada, I'm making this corn casserole today. I have all the ingredients layed out and ready to make for our Thanksgiving dinner. Thank you so much.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #21
Janet

I did try the corn casserole on Thanksgiving. It had really good flavor, but I think I need to find a way to make it more moist. The guys liked it too.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #22
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Ok so in Mexico obviously there's no Thanksgiving dinner but everyone loves flan so that's a must.

4 cans of evaporated milk
4 lecheras (condense milk /the sweet milk)
12 lrg eggs
small bag of sugar

A pan where you can make lasagna, sorry don't know the measurements.

Ok you brown the sugar while your doing that blend the rest of the ingredients. If you have a small blender blend 1 can of each with 4 eggs.

preheat the oven at 380 degrees

Pour brown sugar in pan then pour mix.

When you finish pouring the mix into the pan place the pan over a bigger pan. Fill the lower pan halfway with water. Cover the mix with foil.

can take about an hour to bake, oven varies. You can alway's do the knife trick when it comes out clean it's done.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:53 PM   #23
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh I LOVE flan!! We have LOTS of Mexican restaurants here and I gauge a good Mexican restaurant by the quality of their flan! I don't know if I could make it though!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:14 AM   #24
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Oh I LOVE flan!! We have LOTS of Mexican restaurants here and I gauge a good Mexican restaurant by the quality of their flan! I don't know if I could make it though!
It's so easy I'm sure you can. Trust me I'm not a good cook and I can make it.

This is the link to La Lechera one of the products. I use the third one down the line. There's a fat free version but I haven't tried it.

http://www.lalechera.com/ES/Products/Default.aspx

Oh and you can eat it warm but I love my flan cold.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #25
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
Ok you brown the sugar while your doing that blend the rest of the ingredients.
OK, I'm already confused. When I brown sugar, I do it in an iron skillet on top of the stove, on medium heat, and I have always stirred the entire time the sugar is browning. I thought the sugar would burn if I didn't stir it. So, if I were stirring the sugar, how would I blend the rest of the ingredients. Can you tell me how you brown your sugar???
Old 11-19-2010, 07:19 AM   #26
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
OK, I'm already confused. When I brown sugar, I do it in an iron skillet on top of the stove, on medium heat, and I have always stirred the entire time the sugar is browning. I thought the sugar would burn if I didn't stir it. So, if I were stirring the sugar, how would I blend the rest of the ingredients. Can you tell me how you brown your sugar???
HMMM, well I have my blender right next to the stove so that helps. I do stir constantly and I have it set for med/low. You can alway's brown the sugar first since it doesn't take long to blend all the ingredients.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #27
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I love flan too!!! Have you tried the Jello flan? It's really good......and easy!!! I'm no expert but I've made it several times and really enjoyed it.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote