4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 04-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #16
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh dear, what a morning. I got the same virus on my personal computer. As if there wasn't enough stress! I emailed the people at work to let them know. I honestly cried for like an hour. It's an expensive computer. I called Scott and he was in a meeting and couldn't talk about it. He told me to just shut it off and we'd get it fixed later, and he had to go.

So anyways a guy from work told me to call our I.T. people so I did, and they took care of it and got rid of the virus by logging into my computer. I did tell them it was my personal computer and not my work computer. Now Scott is worried that they are going to charge us for it, instead of the company. I know it's not a company computer, but I was told to call them so I did. People at work were worried it was from the file I had transferred from the work server to my own computer, but the I.T. guy said it's not very likely, and was probably just due to some programs not being up to date. Sooo I guess we'll see if the company decides to bill me for it, but I really hope not. We could have sent the computer back to Dell for free.

What a day! It's past noon - does that mean I can make myself a drink? Lol... my nerves are so shot today.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I would think that since you've been doing company work on your computer that they would fix it for free. It would be pretty tacky of them to charge you for it.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #18
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Well I hope so. The whole virus thing was brought up in our meeting yesterday, and I said I had the IT people fix it on my home computer. The manager was about to cut in and say something about it, but someone cut her off and she just said "Oh nevermind" and I think it may have been about who's paying for it. But I'm guessing now the company will.

And yesterday, another girl at work got the same virus! It sucks that it's debilitating our computers, but I have to say I was a little relieved that I wasn't the ONLY one

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 04-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #19
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
It really sucks when something is wrong with our computers. I need to take my laptop in. There are some updates that just won't update and it keeps repeating the update process. I just haven't had time.....maybe I will this week...I sure hope so. I love my laptop, but now I have the IPad to use while it's in the shop.

I'm glad it looks like you will not be charged for it Lindsey. With all the work you do at home.....they should furnish you a computer.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #20
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
It really sucks when something is wrong with our computers. I need to take my laptop in. There are some updates that just won't update and it keeps repeating the update process. I just haven't had time.....maybe I will this week...I sure hope so. I love my laptop, but now I have the IPad to use while it's in the shop.

I'm glad it looks like you will not be charged for it Lindsey. With all the work you do at home.....they should furnish you a computer.
I know what you mean Janet, having the iPad makes life so much easier. My Mac desktop keeps freezing and I need to take it in. I haven't yet I think because I have the iPad. I've never had to take a Mac in for repairs and I've had them since 1989. I've never had a virus either, that I know of. Maybe this freezing thing is a virus LOL!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:50 AM   #21
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I need to take my desktop in too...lol. Think I'll take my laptop in first though. I absolutely
love my IPad.

Hey Judy.....are you loving your IPad?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #22
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh my, Linds! I am so sorry they are such awful people! Something wonderful will come along...you deserve it! All the times you worked all night! You should remind them of all of that! And tell them "Judy says to be good to me, or she will come here and she is from Brooklyn!!!"

I LOOOOOVVVVVE my Ipad Janet! I am still playing with it. I just got a case for it, and am waiting for the screen protectors I ordered. I heard I am going to need anti-glare screen protectors too so I can use it outside. Is this true? Have you downloaded any books on yours yet? I don't know if I should use Kindle or ebooks.

By the way, the freecell solitaire is great! They also have tons of chess apps which I want to learn.

I could go on, and on, and on!

I just spent two days installing a new printer/copy/fax machine. I could have saved one whole day if I had just pushed one more button! Technology is such fun, but can also be so annoying!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:03 AM   #23
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
Oh my, Linds! I am so sorry they are such awful people! Something wonderful will come along...you deserve it! All the times you worked all night! You should remind them of all of that! And tell them "Judy says to be good to me, or she will come here and she is from Brooklyn!!!"
Lol!! I will let them know!!

I feel now like I just don't CARE, and I hate feeling that way about my work. I don't want to be here, I don't have my heart in anything... sometimes I don't even have my mind in anything. I'm just counting down the hours until it's time to go home every day.

Something new will come along, and hopefully it will be something better.

7 more weeks until I leave... 32 more work days after today I have a countdown for everything!

Old 04-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #24
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sounds like you're ready to leave, Lindsey. After all that you've put in you're not appreciated. Maybe we should ALL come up and back up Judy when she goes in to talk to them!!! LOL That would be a picture!!!! Makes me laugh just thinking about it!!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #25
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Sounds like you're ready to leave, Lindsey. After all that you've put in you're not appreciated. Maybe we should ALL come up and back up Judy when she goes in to talk to them!!! LOL That would be a picture!!!! Makes me laugh just thinking about it!!!!!
Lol thanks for giving me a smile