4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 01-04-2009, 11:27 PM   #1
KimberlysRN

Face stuff...???

I have always had very clear skin, I would freak out I had one blemish. Well after going through 2 years of instense schooling my poor face has seen the effects. Stress, lack of sleep has lead to blemishes and an oily face. Can anyone recommend anything? Like proactiv? Also anything for scarring? I just want to have clear skin like I use to.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

One of our daughters married and the birth control cleared her skin up completely. We've seen this effect in others as well. Our other daughter can't take birth control. It causes migranes for her. She has an appointment today with a dermatologist to see if he can put her on Acutane. She was on it once before in high school. Don't know the solution. I think it depends on what is causing the blemishes. Our daughter who is going to the dermotologist today has been very good about keeping her skin clean, washes her face way more than once per day and uses creams the dermatologist prescribes, and still has blemishes. ProActive didn't work for our girls, but others think it is great.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Sorry, I can't help you there Kimberly. My son does have some blemishes, but if he stops drinking pop for a few days or chocolate....it clears up. He does keep his face clean and hair clean, but I think most of his are from his diet.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

My 16 yr. old daughter uses Stridex to keep her face clean and then she uses Proactiv. We really haven't discussed how she likes it but she had me order some more for her a while back. I had orginally picked up a small sample pack of it at a garage sale for her to try out and what I just ordered I got off of e-Bay.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I tried a product called Clear Solution I think, it's just like ProActiv but you can buy it from drug stores in Canada. It dried out my skin terribly, even the lotion had benzoyl peroxide in it, so it didn't do much. My skin DID improve... but for the first few weeks it got worse from pulling up everything that was deep down in my pores.
If you had clear skin before, I don't think you would need to go this route with using something so harsh. What I found worked best with me was using very gentle cleansers. I think my skin got so oily because I was drying it out so much with face washes, so it overproduced oils and then I got acne. From going to a spa I learned that dead sea minerals are great for your face... and now I swear by it! I've been using a gentle cleanser and toner with a high percentage of dead sea minerals and I have clearer skin than I ever have.
If you find anything to reduce scars, let me know! I still have red spots that I need to cover with makeup every day.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
Tiramisu

Can't help with the acne suggestions, and I'm not sure it's OK to use on your face, but my podiatrist gave me Mederma to help my scar.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
2tiredmom

My youngest daughter has an acne problem and has used the ProActive crap and it didn't work just cost an arm and a leg. Right now she is using Avon and it's helped alot more than the other.
But everyone is different. What might work for one may not work for someone else.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
KimberlysRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
I tried a product called Clear Solution I think, it's just like ProActiv but you can buy it from drug stores in Canada. It dried out my skin terribly, even the lotion had benzoyl peroxide in it, so it didn't do much. My skin DID improve... but for the first few weeks it got worse from pulling up everything that was deep down in my pores.
If you had clear skin before, I don't think you would need to go this route with using something so harsh. What I found worked best with me was using very gentle cleansers. I think my skin got so oily because I was drying it out so much with face washes, so it overproduced oils and then I got acne. From going to a spa I learned that dead sea minerals are great for your face... and now I swear by it! I've been using a gentle cleanser and toner with a high percentage of dead sea minerals and I have clearer skin than I ever have.
If you find anything to reduce scars, let me know! I still have red spots that I need to cover with makeup every day.
I tried the clear solutions and it literally peeled off my skin. My face hurt so much, it cleared my skin but just did not work with my skin. I am hoping that with a proper diet and exercise I will get my face back, but was hoping to help it along.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #9
KimberlysRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
My 16 yr. old daughter uses Stridex to keep her face clean and then she uses Proactiv. We really haven't discussed how she likes it but she had me order some more for her a while back. I had orginally picked up a small sample pack of it at a garage sale for her to try out and what I just ordered I got off of e-Bay.
My boyfriend uses those and I tried them but they seem to open my pores up too much. I make sure to wash my face with a gentle cleanser regularly, I just need a little more. eBay is a great idea to try it out before hand. I don't mind spending money if it is going to work.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlysRN View Post
I tried the clear solutions and it literally peeled off my skin. My face hurt so much, it cleared my skin but just did not work with my skin. I am hoping that with a proper diet and exercise I will get my face back, but was hoping to help it along.
I was going to say that since you had clear skin, a good diet, exercise, and trying to learn to deal with stress might really work well for you.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #11
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post

Both my children when they were teenagers used the above products and it worked for them. My son uses the Stridex daily and his skin is fine.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #12
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I think I am going to buy some Stridex for Ricky. He doesn't always watch his diet like he should, because when he does his skin gets better, so maybe this will help him too.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #13
KimberlysRN

My friend sent me a e-mail and it was an offer to try Proactiv for FREE, you just pay shipping. It was like $5.95. It is the smaller bottles to see if you like it. So I guess we will see.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #14
Kesautots

Face stuff

OMG im doing the exact same thing right now...
ive just picked out a whole load of stuff,
its really good pricing dont you think ?