4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 07-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Thumbs up Worked Hard Today

This morning I got up and started cleaning house. I don't like to admit this, but since Mom has been here (since Dec.) I have only dusted and swept the floor. Oh I did clean out a few closets earlier this year, but boy I could sure tell it had been quite some time since I did a good cleaning.

I was able to get our back room (mud room), family room, kitchen and living room done today. It was so dirty that I had the crevasses on my arms with dirt lines in them...lolol. I am so sore and wasn't sure I'd be able to finish the living room, but Ricky came home from work and offered to help with the last half of it. He sure is a blessing, don't know what I would ever do without him.

Tomorrow, if I'm not as stiff and sore, I plan to clean the 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. One bedroom won't take long at all, but the other two will take a bit of time. Then hopefully I'll be able to keep up better than I have been these last few months. Just didn't care much, but I realize I do care and got myself busy.

Hope you all had a good productive day....if not, I sure hope you had a fun day!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet, you are such a worker!!! I wish that I had half of your drive and ambition!!!! You just amaze me when you start going at what all you can get done!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I know Diana, she amazes me too!!! Don't overdo Janet!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:18 AM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Be careful of your shoulder, neck and arm! I bet your house sparkles!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
Janet

Today I woke up early and started in on the rest of the house. I was so sore I wasn't sure I could even move. I kidded Ricky yesterday and told him even my butt cheeks hurt...lol. I started in my bedroom while Mom was eating breakfast and had her sit in the recliner until I was done. Then got her moved back to bed and did the rest. I'm so glad it's all done. I don't have the most beautiful house like Diana does, but at least it is clean now. My neck, shoulder and arm haven't hurt much today or yesterday. Now my arm (in the area I got the shot a couple years ago) ached a little but that's it. Maybe all that work I did helped.

Ricky has to work until 4:00 today. At 5:00 my brother and his wife are coming to stay with Mom so Ricky and I can go to Lafayette to Logan's Roadhouse. They have such good food and I'm so excited to be able to get out with my son and enjoy and wonderful meal.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm so glad that you are going out to eat. Logan's is one of my favorite places to eat. I love their rolls!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #7
Janet

Yes...there rolls are so good. It was so nice just to get away with my son.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Wow....you got a lot done!!!!! I STILL don't have my bedroom cleaned from Dae Lynn moving in!!!!!

And you DO have a beautiful home and is very comparable to mine!!! I think that when you built yours you made good choices in what you did and it still looks very nice!!!!

How nice that you could have some time to go to your favorite steakhouse!!!! Too bad that your brother didn't pay......but at least he came and sat with Mom!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
Janet

Oh I wouldn't have expected him to pay...but he and his wife were so good to come out and let Ricky and I get away for awhile. I'm still thinking of that wonderful meal we had...just can't quit thinking of it. I did have a 22 ounce Bud Light with the meal and then a smaller one....12 ounce I think...maybe a bit bigger...it was so good and sooo cold. It's nothing to worry about....of course Ricky drove and it would take a lot more than that for me to feel anything. I don't drink a beer just to drink a beer....I just love the taste of it with food. I'm really ready to do it again...yummy!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
Tiramisu

There's a logans up the road from me and I would buy you a lone star long neck beer!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #11
Janet

So good....wish I could say I'm on my way Sandy...lol