4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 09-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #16
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Judy, you have the best advice.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #17
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
............ Pretend to have a splitting headache, and go lie down next time she starts up. Then tell her your blood pressure went too high, and that the doctor said you cannot discuss it.
I'll have to try that!!!! Thanks, Judy!!!

The reason that Damon needs a place to stay is because the paperwork hasn't caught up with him yet. The court hasn't received the paperwork about Damon but when they do they'll put out a warrant for his arrest and he'll be taken back to jail. They can't do anything with him until then. He could be out a few days or over a month. We don't know. It doesn't make sense to me.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #18
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Since he knows he'll be served a warrant, why doesn't he just go turn himself in? That way he'll have a place to stay. It would be a good way for Damon to prove he has the right intentions. I really think that Damon needs long term help and it's not going to be easy as we've all seen. Wish there were some easy answers.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #19
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

He's way too much trouble! I hope Dae Lyn gives him the boot! He may or may not straighten out, and they could reconnect then. For now though, this is not healthy for her.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:03 AM   #20
DianaB

Damon was put in jail on Monday and things have settled down again. I feel so bad because I know that he's not able to get out on work release but it really is his own fault. I can't imagine sitting in jail day after day. They have cut back on expenses at the jail and they are hardly fed there anymore. The family is suppose to keep money on their account so they can buy food from the store at the jail. It's a rip off!!!! Damon lost so much weight when he was there the last time and he really doesn't have much to lose.

Dae Lynn took the kids AND Damon to Wichita to the zoo on Saturday and Sunday. Glen wasn't happy because it was money she didn't need to spend........and ultimately is our money. She did go as cheap as she could and didn't spend much but still it set Glen off and she knew it. When I called to come home on Sunday I knew that Glen was upset so my nice peaceful weekend ended before I left Marva's house.

I know that Dae Lynn is fustrated with Glen and his attitude about Damon. I also know that Damon's done things wrong but God's not finished with him yet and I'm not ready to throw in the towel. I'm fustrated about how Damon handled all of this Teen Challenge stuff but he is still a person......a person who doesn't think clearly sometimes. I truly hope he's not being decietful but he'll have to deal with that with God.

I feel like a middle man........I can see Dae Lynn's point of view and I can also see Glen's point of view. I hope the courts will allow Damon to go back to Teen Challenge because I will feel a lot better about that then just having him sit in jail.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #21
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Hang in there, Diana. Things will settle down a bit now that he is in jail and she can't spend money on him. Glen is a good man, and I bet he will come around, at least some.

I am so sorry this is happening.

I read my last post, and I really am apologizing for saying that she should get rid of him. I had no right to be so judgemental!

Old 09-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #22
DianaB

That's all right, Judy. Dae Lynn's feeling the same way. We talked yesterday and if he doesn't go to Teen Challenge.......either for jail time or after he's out of jail......then she's done with him. She does still love him but she refuses to live her life and subject her kids to his behavior. I do know that she loves him so this will be a really difficult decision for her to make but I do believe that she would leave him. The hard part is that Karlie isn't hers and Damon could take her away from her. I hope that he would realize that she's in a good home with good family taking care of her......I know that his Mom has said that should anything happen she would support Karlie staying with Dae Lynn but you never know if she'll stick with that or not. Damon has a sister that would take her but she already has 4 kids to raise on her own. That's the hard part........Karlie.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #23
Janet

Okay...here come some questions... Is the jail right there in your county or is it a distance away? How long is he in for unless other arrangements are made? Will he be allowed visitors?

I understand both your and Glenn's view. I do know that in MY financial situation...I would have to put a stop to the spending especially if it was going to end up out of MY pocket. It's a big headache for everyone but for farmers...I understand Glenn view.

You're her mother....you know she loves him and we want our kids, no matter how old, to be happy. It's very hard especially with the parents don't completely agree. We always want to stand up for our child.

I really hope he can straighten his life around Diana. Does she have a time frame in mind to either settle or leave for good? I really do wish them the best, but we just don't know what's in the future.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #24
DianaB

Yes, the jail is here in town. We really won't know what's going on until he sees the judge and we don't know when that will be right now. I'll let you know when I hear but it could be a month or so.

Dae Lynn can go and see him on Saturdays for a short time.....like an hour, I think. She'll be going tomorrow because Glen and I will be taking the kids with us for awhile at Homecoming during the parade.

Dae Lynn doesn't have a time frame. She would like to know what he's going to do because IF she's going to leave him she'd just as soon get it over with but she doesn't feel like she can until he has refused all help.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #25
Janet

At least for now the jail is close for visitation. I hope they have Pastors or some kind of religious leaders that come in to speak with him and help give guidance.

Karlie....I can't imagine what her life would be like without Dae Lynn and you all in her life. She's a pistol and you know I mean that with love. I would worry so much if she was with her biological mother or just with Damon.

I hope that Dae Lynn finds peace with what ever decision she comes to. It has to be so hard for her. Please tell her that even though we met for such a short time...I just felt a connection and that I will continue to keep her in my prayers.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #26
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I will be praying too. Karlie really has to have the best, no matter what the outcome of the marriage.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #27
DianaB

Thanks ladies!!!