4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 12-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #16
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tiredmom View Post
Our families just get together and have dinner. We don't do gifts. It's way to expensive.
But we use to. We also have done where everyone brings a white elephant gift. Which here means something you have around the house that you don't like or use. It can be fun just watching people open up and see what they get. You pick numbers instead of names. And if some one wants a gift that someone else has gotten you can pick one of those. Just and Idea. Hope it all works out for you.
Linda, I have done that at work and it is soooo much fun!!! Sometimes someone gets something good and then it gets taken and taken and taken, so the last person ends up with it. It's lots of fun!

Our immediate family is so tiny that we just buy for each other, but we do not buy for all the nieces/nephews/etc.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #17
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
We only have the 3 three of us to buy for now. We use to buy for everyone on both sides, then it got expensive so we went to just buying for the kids. The kids are grown now and we don't even get together anymore. It will be just the 3 of us again this year.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #18
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet, why don't you see what Diane and her family are doing and get together on Christmas with them. I'm sure that you'd all have a good time together!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #19
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It's going to be all cash gifts this year. The kids know what they want, and I think they enjoy shopping for themselves. Kass wants One Direction dolls. At $29.99 each, and there are five members of the band , I think that is a waste of money. I will talk to Jessie and, if she says to buy it, I will. I don't want too though!

Kass still believes in Santa so we keep that going. Actually, so does Brandon. They kept telling Jess that if she doesn't buy them what they want for Christmas, Santa will! She informed them that it doesn't work that way! Santa does not give children presents their parents don't want them to have!

I haven't put my tree up yet, and may not bother unless the kids come over. The wreath should already be on the door! I'll take it down today.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #20
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Janet, why don't you see what Diane and her family are doing and get together on Christmas with them. I'm sure that you'd all have a good time together!!
They celebrate Christmas with her husbands family. It's okay....I'd would rather stay home for Christmas. I just miss the extended family.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #21
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I like staying at home too. I don't like all the family gatherings. I don't see my family unless it's for a holiday and we only meet for a few hours and then they end up leaving for spouses gathering. A quiet X-Mas would be nice but my kids are still young so I have to make it fun for them.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #22
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I had to look up what a "one direction" doll was, Judy. I'd never heard of them before! I can understand not wanting to get them for Kass. I like to get things that I know will be used or played with.

Don't worry......I don't have my tree up yet either or any other decoration. I've been so busy trying to get Jaci's room in order that that is first on my list to get done at the moment. I moved a table from the living room in there so I have room for a tree......I just don't have it up yet! I'll probably wait until the weekend to put it up because of Dean.

I think that we're just giving money this year......except for the little kids. And I think that we're going to Wichita for a family day which will be fun! Giving money will take a LOT of stress off of me!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote