4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 01-06-2014, 10:16 AM   #1
Shada

Baby its cold outside...

How is everyone doing in this nasty weather???
I am snowed in at the moment.. my road finally got plowed this afternoon, but still have to get someone to do driveway. 3 foot plus drifts everywhere! I am glad I can't see my roof!!! As it is I am afraid my deck will collapse with all the weight on it!! Yesterday and last night had to shovel once a hour to keep a small path from my patio door open to the yard and keep small area shoveled for my Vincent dog to go potty in. Today it is -35 below zero. Wind chill. It is the coldest I think I have ever experienced. There is a ban on driving unless emergency vehicles untill 3:00pm today. Basically the whole county has shut down. Work is shut down.. all work in the area. Heard even the banks are closed! I am 5 miles out of town and going to try to get in later to check on my Mom. THis is the worse I have seen since the blizzard of 1978.. and more snow is coming.

So how is it in your area?
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

That's crazy Shada! I know most of you guys aren't used to weather like that.

It will be warming up here on Thursday. We've been in a deep-freeze for over a week with extreme windchill warnings covering our whole province. Windchill factors have been around -55 degrees Celsius! I didn't even go outside at all on Sunday, except to take the wreath off the front door. Scott only went out long enough to shovel the deck and driveway. We went to the city to shop on Saturday and I was extremely thankful for the pregnant person parking stalls that are closer to the doors We took full advantage!!!

The nice thing is the dogs don't take their time outside in this weather lol. They go out, do their thing, and come back.

It's nice it will be warming up (especially in time for me to walk to my doctor appointment on Thursday - walking to the dentist last week was awful at -40!) but it means more snow! Oh well, I live here so that's what I get, right? Lol.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
Shada

It is crazy isn't it???
You are lucky to have parking space for pregnant women. Never seen that around here. Darn good idea though!! Glad you are taking advantage.. as you should!!

My poor dog lost his potty area over night. Wind blew snow and closed it off. Shoveled again after work and opened it up again. Not as big area as before. That darn snow is heavy and I had to give up. We are talking 3 foot and more drifts. Nasty. So poor guy had to pee on the deck this morning in his small walkway. Only have a foot wide path on deck to get to the darn near non-existance potty area.

Oh well. As they say: This too shall pass.

Hope all is well for you Lindsey.. won't be long and you will be holding your baby!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #4
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Yes, we have had them for the last 10 years or so around here! They are for "Customers with child" meaning either pregnant, or with babies or toddlers. They are right beside the handicapped spots!

When it's really cold, we are okay with the dogs just peeing and pooping on the deck. It freezes immediately so Scott just shovels it off He has shoveled paths for them throughout the yard so they can go behind the shed or anywhere along the paths. There's a circle in the middle they can run around, and not see each other lol! The nice thing about winter is we can choose where the dogs poop. In the summer they just go all over and we have to keep on top of it lol!

Things are going well with me Only 9 more weeks until my due date! I hope all is well with you too!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

You all up north have had it rough this winter, such extreme cold. We have had extreme cold for us, but we are wimpy down here in the south, and our cold is nothing like y'all are having!!!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #6
Shada

Hopefully the worst of this winter is behind us... today we are having a heat wave! High of 44 degrees. Snow is melting fast.

I hate the cold. I hate the snow.

Why oh why do I live in Michigan???