4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 12-21-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
cindy0721

Send a message via Yahoo to cindy0721
Unhappy Is it wrong for me to do this?

Well since it is Christmas , my family does a secret santa drawing every year.. this year I was lucky enough to get my mom ... so I bought her a present and I also bought my godson a present. BUT here's my problem... I felt bad for not getting my lil cousins a present ( Samantha Age 3 and Belinda age 7) so I bought them a lil small gift just for them to open. Anyhow my dilema is do I buy my 2 sisters Ages 39 and 15 a present now since I bought my lil cousins one and not them is it bad? Am I being a bad sister? Hubby thinks it's not bad that I bought them a present he says that they are lil kids(my cousins) and that my sisters are older and shouldnt expect a present? Last year I bought them a present and I didnt get one from them ...so what should I do?

FYI the whole point of the secret santa was to limit our spending..but I feel sorta bad for not getting them anything... should I get them something or just return my lil cousins presents?
Old 12-21-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
Willow

I personally believe Christmas is more for the children than the adults. Give the little ones their gifts. If your sisters have issue with it, so be it. They can get over it themselves.
Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:22 PM   #3
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Aww no... you did not go wrong there, the adults surely will understand, and most probably will appreciate the fact that you remembered the little ones.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:44 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Don't return their gifts. The little ones have so much anticipation this time of year and it's so fun to watch them open them. If any of the adults get upset...well then they still have some growing up to do.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:28 PM   #5
Emmsmom

Oh heavens no. Your sisters are older. Janet is right.. Christmas is mainly for the little ones. If you feel bad maybe you could wait till they get ready to go home and slip them an "extra"present. lol
Old 12-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #6
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Aww no... you did not go wrong there, the adults surely will understand, and most probably will appreciate the fact that you remembered the little ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Don't return their gifts. The little ones have so much anticipation this time of year and it's so fun to watch them open them. If any of the adults get upset...well then they still have some growing up to do.
I agree!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote