4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 11-06-2006, 06:10 AM   #1
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

What is your skincare regimine?

What is your skincare regimine?? What are your favorite beauty products??
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:26 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Sad to admit I don't take as good care as I should. I always use Oil of Olay on my face, sometimes lotion on my body, sometimes not. I have bought so many kinds of lotions and don't use them as often as I should. I do tend to use more in the winter time than summer. There is no way I could recommend any products....but what I use most is Oil of Olay, Baby lotion, St. Ives 24 hour moisturizing lotion, and at my kitchen sink, I have Curel hand and body lotion. Looking forward to see what others use.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #3
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

For me:
Morning Skincare regimine:
1. Wash face with Purpose soap
2. Follow up with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream and Oil of Olay Complete All Day UV Moisture Lotion SPF 15 for Oily/Combination Skin on my face and Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion on my body. However, I admit I don't put lotion on my body everyday, but probably 4 out of 7 days a week.
3. I also use Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion on my hands throughout the day.

Evening Skincare regimine:
1. Wash face and remove eye makeup with Purpose soap
2. Follow up with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream and prescription Retin-A Micro.
3. I use Retin-A probably 5 out of 7 nights a week. On the nights I don't use Retin-A, I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin.

As far as my favorite beauty product, it is hard to say. I have tried all types of expensive beauty products from department stores, but I always keep coming back to my good 'ole drugstore products. All of the products that I use I LOVE and really couldn't live without even one of them. They are cheap and work better than any other products I have ever tried.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:04 AM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I just use Oil of Olay on my face and that's all. I use Pond's Cold Cream to remove my makeup. I'm VERY basic!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Rebecca, it looks like you're doing all the right things and at the right age. Oh how I wish I could turn back time and do it right, but at least for the most part, I'm taking some care now.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:26 PM   #6
BabyNicole

Sad to say, I don't have one. I'm a bad girl. I use St. Ives in the shower in the morning, and go to bed with make-up on!! I know, I know. I've been doing it since I was a teen. I actually have good skin (acne wise...never had it), but do believe I have a touch of rosacea. I've heard that Proactive works excellent! I think I'm going to try that to see if it gets rid of the redness.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #7
khardy57

I take my makeup off every night with Ponds cold cream. I wash my face with Jergens soap, then use Seabreeze for sensitive skin. I moisturize with a night cream by DHC every night. In the morning I wash with the same soap, use the Seabreeze, use a daytime moisturizer, then apply makeup.

The main thing is to moisturize with a product that suits your skin, start YOUNG, and stay out of the sun! I have an older sister and a younger sister and both have wrinkles from being out in the sun as teenagers. I HATE being in the sun started taking care of my skin as a teenager. It's paying off now at age 49!
khardy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #8
Izzy'smom

What does cold cream do? I have always wondered that. When I was a little girl, My Aunt would put some on before she went to bed. I thought it was some sort of wrinkle cream.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:47 PM   #9
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Rebecca, it looks like you're doing all the right things and at the right age. Oh how I wish I could turn back time and do it right, but at least for the most part, I'm taking some care now.

I had acne growing up, (started getting it in the 5th grade) and I still have acne at 23 if I'm not super careful. So I was FORCED to develop a good skin care regimine early on in my life that I have had to stick to in order to prevent acne. Luckily, I think I'm growing out of my acne, and now I am sticking to my skin care regimine in order to prevent wrinkles. I've always kept my face out of the sun (when I was young my acne medication made my face sensitive to the sun, so I was forced to stay out) and now I'm really trying to wear sunscreen everyday to prevent wrinkles. My grandmother has the most beautiful skin (she is 76 years old and people who see us out together think she is my mother), so I know that great skin runs in my family. Now it is up to me to make sure it stay that way!
Old 11-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #10
Ponyup

I just put aveda mosturizer on my face in the morning, it has sunscreen. I don't ever wash my face. Water splashed on my face makes me panic. I've never had acne, & I hardly ever wear makeup (If I wear makeup I use these cleansing clothers from Ponds that are like wet naps to take the make up off). I use Olay in shower body lotion for extra dry skin & love it. My hubby lotions my back at night before bed. I also use Jergens ultra healing for my hands because I get really bad hang nails.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:55 AM   #11
red98vett

I've been using Retin-A ....bought enough tubes for a year -

ProVectin - the alternate to Stryvectin - I like it

and Carolyns (brutusmama) Vitamin Cream by Arbonne - LOVE IT !!
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:03 PM   #12
Brooke

Soap and water... any kind will do!!! Am I bad or what??? Yikes no wonder i am getting lines!!!

Brooke
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:10 PM   #13
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Okay, I'm probably one of the worst on here, if not the worst. Wash my face with Dial soap in the shower in the morning. Remove any leftover eye makeup with baby oil on a tissue. Apply Oil of Olay Regenerative Lotion, then foundation and powder, etc. That's it. I go to bed with my makeup on most nights. Most people think I am younger than I am, by several years. I do try to eat right, low fat, no or minimal trans fat. Eat very little red meat. Mostly chicken and fish. Take fish oil capsules. Drink green tea. Don't know if any of that helps my skin.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:44 AM   #14
Miss_Sara

i'm pretty simple
I use an exfoliating scrub in the morning and at night
if I'm feeling oily or if it's around my monthly visitor I use some toner
and then I use bare minereals (I jsut got it in the mail a week ago, I couldn't be happier)

idk what else I would do, but I'd like to know how to keep my young skin young as long as possible lol
Old 12-27-2006, 04:07 PM   #15
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I'm the basic of the basic when it comes to skin care.
I use dial shower gel with moisturizers on an exfoliating sponge morning and night. Since my skin is naturally oily even at this age, I don't put any other moisturizers on. I only wear liquid eyeliner and blush even for work, so taking my make up off is a no brainer.
I'm just not someone who enjoys working on a beauty regime.