4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 01-30-2007, 05:09 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Can't win!

Last night we had our after hours call night again at the bank. I got 2 solid appointments, and permission to call 3 people back at specific times to get them to firm up times to come in. So in essence, I got 5. My manager, who has 8 years of experience to my "just under" 4 months, got 1.

Today, he met with one of my appointments, and ended up with $12,000 worth of new money deposited into the bank. It had taken me 3 calls over a 2 month period to get them to come in, but was obviously worth working for.

EXCEPT, when I commented that I was glad I'd kept working with this couple to get the appointment, my managers response was "I've known them for years and used to chat with Mr, at least once a week, so I know that's why they came in."

Excuse me?!? He'd exhausted an old list and called it his "crap list" since he wasn't able to get anymore people on it to set appointments. I got them off this list since I'd never met either of them before. So now it's HIS accomplishment? I have a quota that I'm supposed to meet each week, but can only count those I refer from the teller line. I'm supposed to make a minimum of 3 appointments each week from my calls, but don't get credit for them. I do however get chastized if I don't meet that quota. Yet I bring in customers who make good deposits and HE takes the credit and gets paid a commission for it.

You know, I wouldn't even mind if he wasn't always cutting me down for other stuff. I just figure if you're going to criticize, you should also be able to give credit when due. Is this so outrageous?
Old 01-30-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
He sounds like the biggest jerk that walked. Do you mean to tell me he actually cuts you down??? Tink, it's way past time you put this jerk in his place. You can bet he would cut me down ONE TIME. That would be it, before he would be eating his words.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
Marilyn

Tink, this is outrageous!!!! Did you ask him why he couldn't get them to come in when he called them, if he knew them so well, and why he had them on his, excuse the quote "crap list"????? This guy is a real piece of work!!!!

Unfortunately I had a boss kinda like this once, and the best you can hope for is that he gets transferred, or messes up big time, can't hang it on anyone else, and gets the boot. In my case, mine got promoted & moved to another town. My father used to say that, skum always rises to the top. Not to say that all that rises to the top is skum. Don't want to offend anyone here!!!

Hope things can somehow get better for you!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:35 AM   #4
highlans

He sounds a right jerk, how do the other staff feel about him?
Do the customers have to fill a feed back form as to what the staff were like as if you started the buisness credit should be going to you.
highlans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:03 AM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Is there anyone above him you can talk too about this. They may already know and just need more people to come forward before they take action. Worth a shot..
Old 01-31-2007, 04:16 PM   #6
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I came home so disgruntled today, that if there was any other job available to me right now, I'd not be going back tomorrow. I will be job hunting immediately.

My manager and the district manager called me in for a meeting today. I was told I am not taking on the responsibilities of my job like I should be, and will be re-evaluated on March 9th. This is precisely what I've been struggling with the manager about... and he refuses to give up power enough to let me do what I was hired for! Now he's putting the blame on me, saying I'm not willing to do the reports or other managerial parts of my job. He claims I stand with my back to the customers, expecting the other teller to take care of them, and that I'm not fulfilling the sales portion of my job either. I couldn't believe that when I've been outdoing him the past couple of weeks! He did slip up and admit that the customers like me and that I have a good repoir with them... with my back to them?

I pointed out that I have been struggling with the manager to allow me to do more, and he refuses and that he has gone so far as to ask me "What makes you think you're even capable of this job?" He of course, side-stepped that comment and twisted what he'd said to make it sound less harsh and bad on his part.

I'm so mad I would love to wring his neck. He's protecting his own ass at the expense of mine. The district manager probably doesn't know who to believe at this point. I didn't dare come right out and call the manager a liar, but I did say clearly that our opinions on what has been going on were vastly different. I'm sure that tomorrow will be quite interesting. I only work 2 1/2 hrs, so plan to spend the afternoon trying to find a job that won't drive me bonkers.