4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Entertainment & Shopping

Old 01-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
American Idol!!

Yeah it's back on !! Did any of you watch it last night? I get the biggest kick out of those that think they can sing, but I sure wouldn't be as rude to them as the judges were. It's on again this evening. Even though the auditions are a hoot, my favorite part is once the finalists start competing. I'm glad it's back on TV.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:10 AM   #2
Emmsmom

Yes, Emmie and I watch it every year. She has had it marked on her calendar for at least a month! I laughed so hard at some of those people. I find it hard to believe that most think can sing. I mean when you suck that bad there is no way you don't know it! LOLSimon is just too funny!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:13 AM   #3
Janet

Simon can be very funny, the only thing I don't like, is when Simon makes a horrid comment about the way they look. That is a horrible thing to do to someone. If they can't sing and he tells them, okay, but for him to say that one guy with the big eyes a monkey or something from the forest, is just plain rude.

Some of those people, if they watch the show, surely will see how bad they really are....won't they? I would be so embarassed!
Old 01-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #4
Just "T"~

Thumbs up

I love to watch Idol, especially now when there doing try outs, those poor people who think they can sing and get up there, make fools of themselves, but it is very entertaining.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I watched Idol on Tues, but I didn't watch it last night. After I saw the coming attractions on Tues. I have to agree with Rosie today on the View. They were truly obnoxious and even though most contestants know that they will be mocked. It was totaly unprofessional and uncalled for, to make fun of these peoples looks. What has American become, do we really need to be entertained at someones expense? Does anyone else feel this way ? I will resume watching when the talent starts. I like the show but these artists have to calm down a bit.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:31 PM   #6
Brooke

I love watchng the talent but i feel horrible for the people who want to sing so badly and can't.

I sing, and play guitar, but only for myself and GOD! My voice teacher tells me I have talent and should not feel bad about singing in front of others but as soon as I try my voice closes up and I just can't. Talk about major stage fright!!! I have played my guitar for bible study...I have the teen girls lead the singing because I just can't do it. I have played guitar since I was 18 years old (I'm 46 now) and i have sung all my life...I guess I'm a wanna be. Oh well... it is for MY own enjoyment any way!!!

Brooke
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:39 AM   #7
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke
I love watchng the talent but i feel horrible for the people who want to sing so badly and can't.

I sing, and play guitar, but only for myself and GOD! My voice teacher tells me I have talent and should not feel bad about singing in front of others but as soon as I try my voice closes up and I just can't. Talk about major stage fright!!! I have played my guitar for bible study...I have the teen girls lead the singing because I just can't do it. I have played guitar since I was 18 years old (I'm 46 now) and i have sung all my life...I guess I'm a wanna be. Oh well... it is for MY own enjoyment any way!!!
I understand completely, Brooke. My family loves to hear me sing, and I love singing, but I could never sing in public. I have one wish to sing in front of the congregation at church, but I don't think it will ever happen. I'll just sing at home...
Old 01-19-2007, 04:05 AM   #8
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

I'm not an Idol watcher. With all the talk at work, I feel I may be missing something, but just did not like the rude comments made to people. Since I don't watch it, I can't comment more, and I may be way off base if I tried.

Those who like it, ENJOY!!! I'll stick to Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:47 AM   #9
khardy57

I don't miss Idol. Everyone who knows me knows not to call when it's on! I think Simon plays up the "bad" image he has. But he's usually right.
khardy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:43 AM   #10
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I totally agree with Janet.

Quote:
If they can't sing and he tells them, okay, but for him to say that one guy with the big eyes a monkey or something from the forest, is just plain rude.
I really don't enjoy seeing people insulted or abused and the comments about their appearance are way out of line in my opinion.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:41 PM   #11
Gina

Did anyone watch American Idol this evening, they were in NYC. One of the girls who made it to Hollywood went to my daughters college and lives in the town near me Amanda Collucio, I wanted my daughter to try out she has a beautiful singing voice and her elementary music teacher throughout the years always told her to pursue a singing career, my daughter is shy when it comes to singing in front of an audience, she danced for many years on stage , go figure...lol
Old 01-25-2007, 03:38 AM   #12
Janet

Too bad your daughter is too shy to sing in front of an audience, this is really a chance of a lifetime. I know how she feels though, I love to sing and my family thinks I sound really good, but I just can't sing in front of people. I have always wanted to sing in front of the church congregation (we have quite a few who do), but I just don't have the nerve. Sooooo.....I stay in my bedroom and sing Karaokee...LOL
Old 02-15-2007, 08:00 AM   #13
Gina

Did anyone watch A.I. last night? The 24 finalist seem all pretty awesome. I felt bad for Marissa though she was a good singer...Next week the saga begins lol
Old 02-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #14
Janet

I started watching it and fell asleep. I hate it when I do that. Beauty and the Geek was on right before and it was the last show...I fell asleep before it was over. Does anyone know who one? I hope it wasn't Cecelia!!!