4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 03-11-2007, 02:44 PM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I love gardening and working in my yard. We haven't had a garden four about 4 years now, but with watching what I eat and the prices in the grocery, I'm thinking of planting a garden this year. I always planted sweetcorn, greenbeans, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, carrotts, leaf lettuce, and green onions. I use to love going out there early of a morning, after the dew dries and weed and just do my thinking out there. I love planting flowers and have a flower bed on the south side of the house. On the north end, we planted a few evergreens that are really taking off. Now we just need to make things pretty with some chips or stone or something. Maybe that is something my son and I can start on, on spring break. Oh you guys have really gotten me in the mood.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #17
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Oh i love planting pretty flowers, and nurture them, and i love water features! To sit, and listen to the sound of the running water is soooooo relaxing to me!!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:45 AM   #18
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Oh i love planting pretty flowers, and nurture them, and i love water features! To sit, and listen to the sound of the running water is soooooo relaxing to me!!
Ohhhhh I can't wait to add a water feature. I live in an apartment now & am limited on what I can do. I love them though. They are so beautiful & very relaxing.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #19
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I love the look of a water feature, but comically, the practical side of me wins over and I keep wanting to go turn off the water! I seriously thought I would put one in our yard until I had a small tabletop one in the house and it drove me nuts!

I've already started picking up seeds for my garden this spring. I'd have to shovel snow and thaw ground to plant them yet, but I couldn't resist picking them up.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #20
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

A few years ago my hubby bought me this water fountain for Valentines Day. I LOVE it. Of course many of the flowers you see around it ummm, have all but died. I pretty much have to restock the pretty annuals each and every year. LOL

I really do enjoy the sound of the trickling water. It's very relaxing and it makes the deck seem fresher.

I just returned from getting pots, soil, and herbs to start my herb garden on the deck. They didn't have much of a choosing right now so all I got was Thyme, 2 Basil plants, and Rosemary.

I went to a nursery afterwards to seek out more herbs but they said they wont be selling them until April. So, I guess I will just hang tight to get more.

Then....I stopped by a flea market (we have tons out here) and found an old wooden bench to sit at and set my herbs on. I am placing that too on the deck.

This poor deck, I tell ya. It's getting full! LOL We have a table w/ 4 charis, the hot tub, plants, etc and my goal is to make it my own little oasis when I am completed.

My hubby and I spend most our time (during warmer months) on the deck. It over looks the valley and hills/river and it's relaxing to us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg water fountain 2004 taller picture yt.jpg (134.9 KB, 5 views)
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:46 AM   #21
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Sheryl, your deck sounds wonderful!
I wish I could have a longer growing season here. We can't really plant outside until the very end of May or beginning of June. By Oct it's all over again.

Is that picture from your deck? If so, WOW! Nice display!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:56 AM   #22
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Sheryl, your deck sounds wonderful!
I wish I could have a longer growing season here. We can't really plant outside until the very end of May or beginning of June. By Oct it's all over again.

Is that picture from your deck? If so, WOW! Nice display!

Yes Tink, this is on one of the corners. Thank you for your compliment. We REALLY need to clean the wood on the deck and water treat it this year. It's one of our "list of projects" to accomplish.

My parents are coming here I think in April/May and I am hoping the deck gets treated by the time of their arrival. (I'm not holding my breath though). My hubby is STILL finishing up the wrought iron gate/fence. We ran into winter so need to finish it up this spring. Oh goodness, the list goes on and on and on of "must do's". I wont even begin to tell you how I wanna replace the carpet, paint some rooms, yadda yadda yadda!!!

Then my hubby just came up stairs to say "Honey, don't plant those herbs now cuz it's gonna freeze again this week". Well UGH! It's like 70 degrees today. Freezing had long left my mind. LOL
Old 03-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #23
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
Awww Gina, those are not my steps. The picture you see I posted is one i found off the internet this am while researching herb gardens.

But they are pretty steps aren't they? LOL

Yes they are LOL
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #24
rivermom

Talking Grow Grow Grow

Well, I planted all the herbs I got today except for one of the two pots of basil. I could have sworn I got Rosemary but well I didn't....After I made the tags and went to go stick it in the ground I then realized I didn't even have the plant yet. LOL I think this spring fever is affecting my brain.

So, now my herb garden is itty bitty but it will be fun to watch it grow. I've still got other pots to plant yet but waiting for that nursery to stock up on their herbs.

When everyone's garden get's to blooming don't forget to post their pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07 baby herb garden 4wt.jpg (112.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #25
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Awwww Sheryl, the baby herb garden is looking lovely, it'll be fun to watch it grow! Ok, ya done it now... i'll grow a little herb garden too.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:43 PM   #26
magnolia

Best of luck to you Sheryl - and all you other gardeners! The only thing I seem to get to grow around my house are the boys! Oldest is close to 6 feet now with size 13 feet - he's just about through growing so I don't have to keep him in the sun as much but I DO need to keep the food flowing. The youngest is about to hit a "spurt" - requiring lots of sunshine, TONS of food - he's as tall as me now but by end of summer, I imagine my youngest "sprout" will be taller.

Can't wait to see pics of all your gardens!!! I would post pics of mine but just find some weeds and you'll know what it looks like

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote