4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 04-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

My turn for plumbing woes!!!

It must be a trend! Our bathroom sink just backed up and if we run water in the kitchen it goes into the bathroom!!! We called the landlords and they said they "MAY" send someone!!!!!!!!!! GRR! I can't wait to move!

Sorry I just needed to vent and I also thought it was kind of funny considering how many of us have had plumbing issues lately. Hopefully I won't have to use a trash can instead of a toilet...lol. If it comes to that, I'll need some advice Janet...
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #2
AngieDoogles

The landlords refused to send a plumber, but when my hubby pressed the issue (we wouldn't even be able to brush our teeth in the morning!), they said we could go to a hotel...so that's where we are. lol. What an interesting night...

Marty doesn't know what to think about this room either!! He's so funny.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
Old 04-01-2007, 11:55 PM   #3
Mandy

Ohhhh goodness Angie that sux! Hope plumbing issues are not contagous on this forum LOL...
Hope it gets sorted out and fixed soon for you, now what a nerve the landlord has to tell you they may fix it
Old 04-02-2007, 06:25 AM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

So your landlord isn't going to do anything? That doesn't seem right. What does he expect you to do?

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:40 AM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I would go ahead and have it fixed and have them send the bill to your landlord. That is crap! We have a rental house and we make sure everything is running top notch! We have really good tennants and they always say they'll pay for it. If it was because of something they did, then yes, it's their responsiblity, but if it's something else...then it is ours.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I would go ahead and have it fixed and have them send the bill to your landlord. That is crap! We have a rental house and we make sure everything is running top notch! We have really good tennants and they always say they'll pay for it. If it was because of something they did, then yes, it's their responsiblity, but if it's something else...then it is ours.
Oh we've had problems with these landlords the whole time we've lived here. There is a leak in our bathroom ceiling from the neighbor's bathroom upstairs, it's been like that for two years. We tell them about it and it'll take them MONTHS to "fix" it and then a few days later it'll be leaking again. They don't fix it, they just tear the ceiling down and put up a new piece...rather than fixing the leak!

We didn't do anything to cause the plumbing issue so it was definitely there responsibility. I'm glad that as a landlord you feel that it's crap, too. That makes me feel better. lol
Old 04-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
AngieDoogles

Oh yeah I almost forgot! They sent a plumber finally, after several phone calls telling them that it really needed to be fixed. So it's better now. YAY!

I can't wait to be in our own home... *sigh*
Old 04-03-2007, 01:46 AM   #8
Mandy

Glad they sent someone out to fix the problem.
Hang in there Angie, you can start "countdown" soon you will be in your new home!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:26 AM   #9
Janet

I can't believe your landlords are such jerks. I would never let my tenants go one day with plumbing problems. Ours had a leak under the kitchen sink, they called and we were there within the hour. No one should have to put up with that. Next time just call the landlord, tell them the problem and tell them if they can't fix it that day, you will call whoever to fix it and have the bill sent to them. What a shame some landlords can't take better care of their tenants and the building they rent out.

Can you tell I feel very strongly about this subject???
Old 04-03-2007, 04:39 AM   #10
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Not laughing at your problem Angie I promise, but it is kinda funny so many of us having to experience "plumbing issues". It just constantly brings me back to "peeing in a bucket". **Sorry Janet**

Glad it's all worked out Angie and you will be outta there before ya know it!!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:19 AM   #11
AngieDoogles

Quote:
I can't believe your landlords are such jerks. I would never let my tenants go one day with plumbing problems. Ours had a leak under the kitchen sink, they called and we were there within the hour. No one should have to put up with that. Next time just call the landlord, tell them the problem and tell them if they can't fix it that day, you will call whoever to fix it and have the bill sent to them. What a shame some landlords can't take better care of their tenants and the building they rent out.

Can you tell I feel very strongly about this subject???
lol, I'm just glad someone understands, Janet. The bad thing is, the real owner lives in Florida! The people we have to deal with are "property managers." They don't care about the property or the tenants and they do as little as possible so that they still get their paycheck. Because the owner doesn't live here, they never get checked up on and I have no way of contacting him to let him know that it's like this.

When we first moved here, there was a different property manager and she was awesome! When she left, her sister and her husband got the job...and it all went downhill from there.

We are moving out on May 7th though. I am definitely looking forward to that!
Old 04-03-2007, 05:21 AM   #12
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
Not laughing at your problem Angie I promise, but it is kinda funny so many of us having to experience "plumbing issues". It just constantly brings me back to "peeing in a bucket". **Sorry Janet**

lol, I'm laughing at the problem too Sheryl! The first thing I thought of when hubby told me that there was something wrong with the sink was OH NO NOT ME TOO! lol. And then of course, I had to post about it.

I'm just glad we got to go to a hotel instead of using a bucket...
Old 04-03-2007, 05:35 AM   #13
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom

Shame, shame, shame....Sheryl!!!

If anyone needs specific instructions on how to use the wastebasket (not bucket), please let me know. Glad to help in anyway I can.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:37 AM   #14
Janet

You can go to your county courthouse or wherever people pay their property taxes in your county and ask the address of the owners if you know their name. I'd let them know what kind of people are managing their properties. I'm sure they would want to know.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:43 AM   #15
AngieDoogles

Quote:
You can go to your county courthouse or wherever people pay their property taxes in your county and ask the address of the owners if you know their name. I'd let them know what kind of people are managing their properties. I'm sure they would want to know.
I don't know the owner's name... I think I could find out from the power board, but they have to send him a letter asking if it's okay to give us the information and we'll probably be gone by the time he replies. There are only 1 or 2 other neighbors here that are even slightly nice so I don't know if I should waste my time...