4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 04-30-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Madder than a wet hen!

Yesterday we bought a car for my youngest to drive. I called our insurance agent today to transfer coverage and he was supposed to have gotten back to me, but didn't yet. We're taking coverage off her old car to put on the new one, so it's pretty much a formality, but an important one. The coverage is paid for, just not on the right vehicle.

In Wisconsin you have 3 days to transfer title on a car, and proof of insurance is not required. For the 3 days, you can drive it legally here. So my dd took it to work today. After work she drove a friend somewhere, (just over the state line) and now she called to tell me the car got towed and is in impound for not having tags or proof of insurance!

I'm going to have to drive to MN, almost an hr away, with proof of insurance and pay $80 to get the blasted car back! If she'd have stayed in WI she'd have been fine. Because she had to drive 5 miles too far, it's a damned hassle that I have to deal with again! I'm so sick of this kind of crap with her! Nothing can ever be done sensibly or normally. It seems everything has to be a major production and battle.
My blood is just boiling!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:22 PM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Gosh that sux! Im sorry you have to drive all the way to prove to them, that the car is indeed insured! Thats insane.
Take 3 deep breaths Tink, hope you feel better. Tomorrow is another day girl
Old 05-01-2007, 09:39 AM   #3
AngieDoogles

Aww, Tink. I'm sorry it turned into such a big deal. Your daughter probably didn't even think about the fact that she would need the insurance finalized in a different state. I'm sure she will be much more careful in the future.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #4
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

I am so glad those days are done for me. My heart goes out to you.

OK Yorkie Rescue-Another Chance at Love
goofywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Oh Tink, I can tell in that post you've just about had it. Maybe letting her sweat it out and paying for it herself will help her learn quicker. It's hard going, but sometimes that's the only way they learn.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #6
Tink

Thanks ladies, I just got home from getting the car back.
Katie paid the $85 impound fee... I had to put the car in my name and sweet talk the clerk to get it back at all. They waived the fine for non registration and accepted the insurance card I provided.

I was supposed to have met my Mom for lunch, but with all the craziness, was an hour late so missed her. When I got home, Joel met me at the door to tell me Katie called to say her brakes went out and she hit a BUS on her way home... so she's not here yet. She's supposedly driving the car home, so it can't be too messed up. Luckily she had her insurance card with her when she hit it!

I've HAD IT for today. I'm just an emotional wreck who's tired of cleaning up someone else's messes.

There was a bit of good news though... Joel got a job! He starts tomorrow. Thank God. He's been hired back at a place he used to work, so there shouldn't be any great surprises this time.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:08 PM   #7
Mandy

Oh girl i feel for you! Take a few deep breaths. Glad Joel got hes job back, at least thats great news huh
Old 05-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #8
AngieDoogles

Oh wow Tink! What an eventful day! I'm sorry it's been so stressful, but I'm glad Joel got a job. At least you got SOME good news. Hope things work out alright.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #9
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

Sorry it has been such a bad day Tink. Tomorrow has to be better!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #10
Tink

katiekaboon.jpg

Joel went to Katies workplace with a camera and took this picture to show me the damage to her car. She still hasn't come home. I imagine she will stay with a friend tonight to avoid me as long as she can. Prior to the accident, her car looked fine.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:27 AM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

You must be exhausted! It sounds like a good time for a special something for yourself, even if it's just a walk or a quiet couple of hours somewhere else. Of course there's always the manicure pedicure cure and there's really the best - the retail therapy cure, well known to alleviate stress.

It is wonderful that Joel (hubby?) got his job back. Of course, there's always the couple of hours together cure!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote