4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 09-14-2006, 09:36 AM   #16
Emmsmom

My story is long so I will keep it short. When I was younger(middle school) my mother made me take care of my half-sisters so much so that they often called me mom. This went on for a LONG time. My stepfather died when I was in high school and things got much worse. My mother was often gone and nobody had a clue where she was. Of course I was at home getting them off to school and since I was out of school now I was also working. So basically I was a mom then and wore out before my time.

I swore off kids. I wanted no part of it at all!!! I moved out when I was 21 and was married at 22. Then strange enough about a year later I woke up and realized that I wanted a baby. I can't explain it but I just knew. I know that doesn't seem like a long time. Even tho we had only been married for a year we had been together for a year before getting married. Even after everything that I had been through somehow I still wanted a baby. We tried for a good while to get pregnant and she was born 9 days after our third anniversary.

Long story short... LOL
You will know when the time is right. Good luck.

Michelle
Emmsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:56 PM   #17
Jlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmsmom
My story is long so I will keep it short. When I was younger(middle school) my mother made me take care of my half-sisters so much so that they often called me mom. This went on for a LONG time. My stepfather died when I was in high school and things got much worse. My mother was often gone and nobody had a clue where she was. Of course I was at home getting them off to school and since I was out of school now I was also working. So basically I was a mom then and wore out before my time.

I swore off kids. I wanted no part of it at all!!! I moved out when I was 21 and was married at 22. Then strange enough about a year later I woke up and realized that I wanted a baby. I can't explain it but I just knew. I know that doesn't seem like a long time. Even tho we had only been married for a year we had been together for a year before getting married. Even after everything that I had been through somehow I still wanted a baby. We tried for a good while to get pregnant and she was born 9 days after our third anniversary.

Long story short... LOL
You will know when the time is right. Good luck.

Michelle
That's a great story! (even the short version) I believe that it's true, that you just know when it's time.
Jlynn is offline   Reply With Quote