4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 10-13-2007, 03:38 PM   #16
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Update on wisdom teeth problems. Mind you, I had them out on October 3rd, 9 days ago. Thursday morning, they removed the packing. They suggested that I try doing without it, because you heal faster that way. So, since I wasn't hurting too bad right away, with their encouragement, I decided to try. About 3 o'clock, on my way out of town, I started to hurt again. I had to be at my pretournament dinner at 6 p.m., but had to go to the condo where we were staying and get it all setup for my customers prior to going to the dinner, and the condo is almost 2 hours from my home, so, I started hitting the pain killers again. I got to the condo, and made it to the dinner. I was hurting pretty bad. The dinner was over by 9 but I had to go back to the condo and make sandwiches for fishing the next day and visit with my customers. One of them was late and did not get there until 10:30 p.m. Got to bed at 11:30. I had to get up at 4:30 the next morning to get myself and breakfast ready to get to the harbor by 6:00 to leave to fish. I was hurting bad, so took the max of pain meds and headed out. I started getting sick about 9:00 a.m. in the middle of Matagorda Bay. Finally at 11:30, I told our guide to take me back to my truck. I left our customers to fish while I went and took a nap and got myself together. By weigh-in at 3 p.m. I was feeling some better, but it was really embarassing to be throwing up in front of my clients that morning.

They were very understanding and had a great time in spite of the complications. One of them won a trophy for largest trout in the hardware division (artificial bait), and our team won heaviest stringer in the hardware division. I'm eating some fresh redfish right now, in fact.

We called the oral surgeon this morning and he met us at his office and he put the packing in again, so I'm better now, oh, and on the way home from the fishing tournament last night in the dark, I HIT A DEER and messed up the front bumper on my new company truck, a bright red 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab with less than 5,000 miles on it.

So, that's what is happening here in South Texas!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32

Last edited by Marilyn; 10-13-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:34 PM   #17
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

What a weekend! A dry socket is so painful. I hope you heal up quickly.

Sorry about your car too.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #18
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I hope you are feeling better today Marilyn!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:34 PM   #19
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm sorry that you're still having trouble with your teeth. And I'm sure that hitting a deer didn't help you feel much better especially with a brand new pickup! Hopefully this week will be a lot better!

So is Matagorda Bay at Matagorda? Because that's where we went when we went to the ocean several years ago. My husband wanted an area where there weren't hardly any people so that's what I picked out on the map. We pulled into a parking lot where there was only one other vehicle and the first thing we did was lock our keys in the van!!! Thank goodness the other vehicle had a coat hanger so it only took 5 minutes to get it unlocked!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #20
Marilyn

Yes, Diana, Matagorda Bay is at Matagorda. Wow, I can't believe you've been there!!! If you were there a few years ago, you would be amazed at the changes. Real estate prices are much higher, and folks from Houston are building big weekend homes on stilts and condos. We stayed in a very nice townhouse right on the water. There is a really neat little restaurant on a narrow side street in an old house that is one of my favorites. It's called Spoonbills and it's owned by a couple of really sweet ladies from Houston. Great food and such a nice atmosphere. Wish we could all meet up there and have lunch sometime!!!!

It still maintains it's tiny coastal town feel though. Just one blinking light on the main drag through town.

Teeth update: I'm a little better, but still having my sockets packed every two days with the numbing/soothing packing. I told them that next week on Monday, I'll try going without the packing and see if I can tough it out. They say that I need to for this to all heal as it should, but the oral surgeon said that I should not rush it, and tell them when I'm ready. So next Monday is the day. I'll probably be in some pain for a while. Right now, with the packing and meds, I can function pretty normally. I had a trade show this week and other activities this weekend. Next week, I have to do some out of town travel, but it's during the day only. Nights will be at home.

Diana, I'll be in Matagorda again on Tuesday. I'll think of you while I'm there. I probably won't try to eat at Spoonbills though with this tooth issue.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Old 10-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #21
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm sure that I would be amazed at the changes because when we were there the houses weren't fancy and on stilts! We ate at a restaurant that was in a house, like a double wide trailer. It was very nice inside and the food was really good, but I can't remember the name of it. I DO remember that for some reason there was a bidet in the bathroom!!! My daughters went in and found it, turned it on with their heads directly over the toilet!!! You can guess what they looked like when they came back to the table!!! I saw my oldest daughter (who was about 14 years old) and I said "You just had to play with it, didn't you?" Her hair was just wet around the edges of her face. And she said "I didn't get it as bad as Jaci did!" When I looked over Jaci's hair was plastered to her head. It still makes me laugh when I think about it!!!! Jaci was about 4 years old then.

Anyway, we had a great time at Madagorda. We swam and built sand castles. It was my first experience in the ocean! Have a good time while you're there and I'll be thinking about you being there this weekend!!!

I'm sorry that you're still having trouble with your teeth. At least the doctor is willing to wait until you say you're ready to go on with your treatment. I hope that it will heal quickly and you'll be free of pain soon.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:04 PM   #22
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
I'm sure that I would be amazed at the changes because when we were there the houses weren't fancy and on stilts! We ate at a restaurant that was in a house, like a double wide trailer. It was very nice inside and the food was really good, but I can't remember the name of it. I DO remember that for some reason there was a bidet in the bathroom!!! My daughters went in and found it, turned it on with their heads directly over the toilet!!! You can guess what they looked like when they came back to the table!!! I saw my oldest daughter (who was about 14 years old) and I said "You just had to play with it, didn't you?" Her hair was just wet around the edges of her face. And she said "I didn't get it as bad as Jaci did!" When I looked over Jaci's hair was plastered to her head. It still makes me laugh when I think about it!!!! Jaci was about 4 years old then.

Anyway, we had a great time at Madagorda. We swam and built sand castles. It was my first experience in the ocean! Have a good time while you're there and I'll be thinking about you being there this weekend!!!

I'm sorry that you're still having trouble with your teeth. At least the doctor is willing to wait until you say you're ready to go on with your treatment. I hope that it will heal quickly and you'll be free of pain soon.
I remember your thread about the bidet incident Diana! I had to ask Brendon what it was. That thread was hilarious!

Marilyn, I'm so sorry this has turned into such an ordeal. I bet you'll never go back to a dentist again when all of this is over. I hope you feel better asap!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #23
Marilyn

Thank you, Angie and others for your kind comments.

Diana, I remember the bidet incident, too and was unaware that it happened in Matagorda. How funny!!! When we were in Europe, they had bidets in Italy. What I liked were the bidet towels. They were really nice linen, not terry cloth. I wanted some of them to use in the kitchen. I know that sounds strange, but they looked more like towels to dry dishes with than towels to use in the bathroom.

I'll just be in Matagorda for a few hours on Tuesday, for work. I'm sure you don't remember, but on Hwy 60 a few miles before you reached Matagorda, you passed a petrochemical plant. That plant is one of my accounts.

Well, I think this thread is about done. I'll probably start a new one with hopefully good news about my healed mouth!!!