4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Entertainment & Shopping

Old 09-14-2006, 10:19 AM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by khardy57
You sound just like me! I yo-yo dieted for years and always gained it back. I recently moved and I cleaned out like crazy beforehand. I hate shopping because I always find myself buying dark colors and oversized blouses and shirts. And what's the thing now with tops that stop at the top of your hips It drives me crazy! I don't want to look like a hoochie mama, but I would like clothes that suit me and don't look like they belong to an 80 yr old!
I know what you mean. I usually buy a little bigger shirts and tops to hide the fat. They are getting harder to find because of them being made shorter.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:10 PM   #17
2tiredmom

2tiredmom

Shopping? What's that? Since I have moved up here Idon't have anyone to shop with. We live close to an outlet mail. So i get toshop alone. But I have also found some really really great finds at Goodwill. I know it sounds bad but the prices are great and you can find things that are name brand and have never been worn.
2tiredmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #18
2tiredmom

2tiredmom

I'm not a big person. But it really hurts my feelings when people go around and tell me your so small. It must be nice. I'm sorry I don't feel that way. I don't go around telling people gosh your so fat. Sorry that's just the way I feel. If people don't like you the way you are then you don't need them in your life.
that's just my opinion.
2tiredmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:26 PM   #19
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tiredmom
Shopping? What's that? Since I have moved up here Idon't have anyone to shop with. We live close to an outlet mail. So i get toshop alone. But I have also found some really really great finds at Goodwill. I know it sounds bad but the prices are great and you can find things that are name brand and have never been worn.
Yes maam...i went to goodwill too and found some nice flannel shirts for me and my hubby to wear when we are cutting firewood. and i have found some hi-$$$ designer jeans that have never been worn and i bought those for my daughters. most people have a garage sale when their kids have outgrown their clothes and toys, i always donate mine to the goodwill or to the mission house. there has been times when i have been short on $$$ and could have sold these things for $ but I feel better inside when i donate my things . sometimes if i find a sale on clothes i will buy extra and take them to the mission house or goodwill.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:58 AM   #20
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I too dislike shopping and rarely pay full price for anything.
I do almost all my Christmas shopping online and have gotten many of my household items from estate sales, garage sales, Savers or Goodwill.

I drive an 8 yr old car that's paid for and in reasonably good condition; we bought an acre lot with a mobile home on it for our retirement; and I'm content. I'm just not a big spender and see no point in trying to impress people by changing my ways.

One of my best money-saving tricks when it comes to gift giving is to join DVD or CD clubs and order the initial ones for like $.49 each and the obligatory ones to satisfy the contract all right away. I end up with enough to give all my neices and nephews and others something they will enjoy for Christmas and then I cancel the membership so I don't get caught up in other charges.

Sometimes you just need to get creative. LOL
Old 09-17-2006, 06:46 AM   #21
khardy57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice queen
Yes maam...i went to goodwill too and found some nice flannel shirts for me and my hubby to wear when we are cutting firewood. and i have found some hi-$$$ designer jeans that have never been worn and i bought those for my daughters. most people have a garage sale when their kids have outgrown their clothes and toys, i always donate mine to the goodwill or to the mission house. there has been times when i have been short on $$$ and could have sold these things for $ but I feel better inside when i donate my things . sometimes if i find a sale on clothes i will buy extra and take them to the mission house or goodwill.

I'm with you! A lady I work with has a clothing ministry thru her church that helps families that have been burned out, or need help for whatever reason. When I clean out, I always give the stuff to her. I'd rather help somebody else. I was a single parent for years and I didn't have help from anyone so I know how it feels.
khardy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:47 AM   #22
Amber_lv

I'm a bargain hunter if i want something specific i will shop online first just looking around till i find the best deal and then i go to the store and get it. Also if where it's the cheapest is to far to go i always call another store to see if they will price match it for me.
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote