4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 01-07-2008, 08:03 AM   #1
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

Sad Day

My two best friends are not doing well. One of them had breast cancer about 1 1/2 years ago and went in for a follow up, they found more breast cancer on her liver on Friday. My other one just found a lump on her breast and it having to get a biopsy done tomorrow.

I feel like it is everywhere lately. Maybe it is just the age group, but it sure seems like there is too much of it.

Please keep my two friends in your prayers.

OK Yorkie Rescue-Another Chance at Love
goofywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Michelle, I'm sorry to read about your friends. I wish they would find a cure for this awful disease. Someone told me once that they won't tell us even if they did because it's big money. I pray that is not true.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:49 AM   #3
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

This incredible women who has now had the cancer come back is someone who has done everything right. She has always eaten right (organic) fresh veggies and fruit. She excercies, she is a great Christian, does a lot of volunteer work. She is just a really good person. I know that she is strong and will fight this, but I am angry for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Michelle, I'm sorry to read about your friends. I wish they would find a cure for this awful disease. Someone told me once that they won't tell us even if they did because it's big money. I pray that is not true.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about your friends. WHY? is one of the questions that God is going to be asked the most when we get to heaven. Sometimes things just don't make any sense to us.......like cancer. I'll keep your friends in my prayers. Keep us posted on how things are going.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #5
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks, She and her husband are on the way to the Dr to sit down and work out the game plan. I know she will feel better once they have it and she knows what to do next.

You are right, why will be the most asked question, but really why. I know that he can put a hedge of thorns of protection around her, and make everything ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about your friends. WHY? is one of the questions that God is going to be asked the most when we get to heaven. Sometimes things just don't make any sense to us.......like cancer. I'll keep your friends in my prayers. Keep us posted on how things are going.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:27 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofywife
......... I know that he can put a hedge of thorns of protection around her, and make everything ok.
I've prayed for many hedges of thorns too. And God IS able!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Prayers are coming for your friends!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #8
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Michelle,

I to am sorry to hear about both your girlfriends. This desease is terrible and I will keep them both in my prayers... Be strong for them, for they can use a good friend.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #9
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thank you for the prayers! They can both use all the prayers they can get. Hopefully, we will know the results of the biopsy for one of them tomorrow.

My other friend had the meeting with the Dr. He said that there was 6 spots of cancer on her liver and one her spine. They are going to try to fight it. 3 weeks of chemo 1 week off for the next 4-5 months and see what things look like. Her husband needs prayer too. He is very angry right now (which I totally understand) She has two grown boys, on e local and one in the military stationed in Afghanistan

Old 01-07-2008, 04:54 PM   #10
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
We have a neighbor that is such a good person. She's been fighting cancer also. I just don't understand it sometimes, but I guess we're not to question. She is a very devout Christian, raised her 3 daughters the same and it shows, they are such lovely caring girls, very active in her church, plays the organ for their church and now this. I think she has one more week of treatment and then she's done.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:51 AM   #11
janc

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofywife
My two best friends are not doing well. One of them had breast cancer about 1 1/2 years ago and went in for a follow up, they found more breast cancer on her liver on Friday. My other one just found a lump on her breast and it having to get a biopsy done tomorrow.

I feel like it is everywhere lately. Maybe it is just the age group, but it sure seems like there is too much of it.

Please keep my two friends in your prayers.
I've had BC. I know girls who have lived 5 years with liver mets. New medicines are being developed and she may be one of the lucky ones who survives for years. I will pray for both your friends.
janc is offline   Reply With Quote