4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 01-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
Tiramisu

Hubby buying me clothes!?

I have a really great hubby, but his selective memory (or wishful thinking) is killing me! He was so very wonderful to go shopping and bring me four new workout suits (for my Curves workout), but he ALWAYS buys things that are too small for me. He knows what size I wear because he was with me with I bought a new outfit three days ago. We've had some real knockdowns over this through the years. WHAT TO DO?

I'm a BIG busted woman. I wear 16T pants and 20M tops (XL t-shirts). He bought everything in medium. Now, he's mad at me because I asked for the receipt so I could return the clothes. I thought about keeping them until I can lose weight, but that's just not fair to me. WHAT TO DO?

Oh well, I'm turning it into a positive for me that I can get back into those sizes. I wore a 14 dress a few years ago and 10T pants (before I stopped smoking). He knows I'm working out and dieting, so he wants to help, but he's not very sensitive to feelings. WHAT TO DO?

Another margarita!
Tiramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
At least he tried. Some of these guys just don't have a clue when it comes to our size and style. Oh well...just take them back. Maybe you can get the exact same thing in a different size. That should help his feelings.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Maybe this was his subtle way of helping you out but didn't realize that it was going to make you upset. I would have been upset too. Just figure that he's a man and they don't have a clue!!!! If he's really not happy about taking them back then stick them in the back of the closet and ignore them. Otherwise explain to him that you'd get more use right now out of some exercise clothes that fit. Don't beat around the bush because men don't "read" meanings into what we say. Good luck on losing weight and with your husband!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
Ponyup

Diana right men don't get subtelty. they have to be hit with a stick. My hubby knows what size i wear, but he usually doesn't buy me things unless I'm along cause different places can differ greatly in size.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I agree with what Diana said. Men don't have a clue. If you leave the clothes in your closet it may work as an incentive to losing weight. If you are truly going to lose weight now is not the time to buy clothes in your size also. I would bring them back and get credit or your money back if you can. When you have lost the weight I would go buy me a new wardrobe. Explain this to your husband. Your lucky that your husband enjoys buying you clothes. My husband wouldn't have a clue as to my size or what I like.. lol

As far as the magaritas DON'T!!!! They are too fattening lol have a glass of white or red wine instead...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
blowry

WHEN my husband decides to buy me clothes he always buy's them smaller, by one size. I tell him I need a large shirt (cause I have good size boobs) and he always buys me medium...I look at it this way....They are seeing us smaller than we see ourselves....I think this is a good thing! Unfortunately we can't wear the clothes they buy us!
Old 01-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

My husband doesn't have a clue about what size I wear either. If I need clothes as a gift he has one of the girls get it!!!! LOL!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:00 AM   #8
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
No one here knows what size I wear...I don't let them know. I don't want anyone to buy me clothes. I use to, but not anymore....maybe someday.