4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 02-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #16
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

It turned cold yesterday, very windy and cold. Today it is 28 degrees and it has started snowing this afternoon and its turning to ice. The weather report is telling all to stay in if you don't have to go out.. I HATE THIS WEATHER.. It was nearly 70 degrees last week and looked like Spring was around the corner... Boy were we fooled...lol I hope everyone stays warm and safe...

Marilyn, Im jealous go out and enjoy the sunshine for me
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:13 PM   #17
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Dang Diana! That's incredibly hot!
I am a wimp and don't do well in either extreme... that would likely kill me. LOL

It's interesting learning about the different places. thanks for sharing ladies I do enjoy it.
That IS hot but I've never known it to get that hot. We usually have several days over 100* and once in a while it might get up to 110* but not often. I can't image how they made it when it was so hot because they didn't have airconditioning then. Whew!!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:44 AM   #18
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

The lowest recorded temperature where I live was 9 deg. I think the year was 1988.

The highest recorded temperature was 111 in September about 2002.

These are extremely rare occurrances for it to get that cold or hot. In an average year, the range is probably around 28 for a low and 102 for a high. The highs are very humid. I'd rather have our hot than the hot in an area like Dallas. I've been there when it was in the high 90's and I don't know what it is, but the hot there is scorching and takes your breath away. The hot here is more tollerable for some reason. You need a head covering though and lots of water. It's unsafe to do hard labor in that heat. Even my husband will shut outdoor jobs down in the heat of the day if it' over 100.

Because
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:44 AM   #19
Marilyn

The lowest recorded temperature where I live was 9 deg. I think the year was 1988.

These are extremely rare occurrances for it to get that cold or hot. In an average year, the range is probably around 28 for a low and 102 for a high. The highs are very humid. I'd rather have our hot than the hot in an area like Dallas. I've been there when it was in the high 90's and I don't know what it is, but the hot there is scorching and takes your breath away. The hot here is more tollerable for some reason. You need a head covering though and lots of water. It's unsafe to do hard labor in that heat. Even my husband will shut outdoor jobs down in the heat of the day if it' over 100.

Because of
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Old 02-13-2008, 04:44 AM   #20
Marilyn

Because of our
Old 02-13-2008, 09:52 AM   #21
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Marilyn, are you trying to make a point?????....ROFLMBO!!!!

It's been really crappy here the last few days. Snow, ice, slick roads, not being able to keep ice off the windshield of the bus. I think just about everyone I come in contact with says the same thing.....is spring ever going to get here? Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one losing patience with the weather.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:12 AM   #22
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I think most years by the time Febraury comes we are sick of it already.
That's why groundhog day is in Feb... people are really wanting winter to end and soon!
Old 02-14-2008, 04:32 PM   #23
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Marilyn - you are really funny on this thread! It is interesting learning about the weather around the country.

Like Gina said, it has been so crazy here the past week. Today was beautifully sunny, but cold (like high 30's).

Here's a little touch of Spring.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:25 AM   #24
Janet

We're in the 30's today and the sun is shining a bit. We only have 1/2 a day of school, so I'm hoping my son will go for a walk with me. I need to get outside some.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #25
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yesterday was sunny, but cold. I was looking forward to taking the dogs in the car and just going somewhere for a walk with them today, but it is so gloomy out that I'm not even going out in it.

I need sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #26
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
It's lightly snowing and 32 degrees here right now.
Over the next few days we're supposed to have more snow and temps around zero.
February can't get over too soon for me! I really am tired of it and want to be able to sit out in the yard and open my windows!
Old 02-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #27
Janet

It was in the low 50's here today, but it rained all day. I did open the kitchen windows to let some fresh air in...it was so nice. The temp is suppose to drop again so who knows.

I'm so afraid if this keeps up, spring will be cancelled. Tell me it won't happen!
Old 02-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #28
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

It is cold here to about 40 and suppose to rain heavily tonight into tomorrow. I hate this weather already!!! I want the Spring to get here quickly...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #29
Marilyn

Come join me!!!! I posted these in another thread. It was 74 deg this afternoon and beautiful. A friend has been bugging me to go walk in the park with her so I called her this afternoon, and she has a bad cold!! I was so looking forward to going, but it's not safe to go alone.

photo.jpgphoto2.jpg

These were in my front and back yards. When I put the dogs out, they did not want to come back in. They wanted to soak up the sunshine!!

Wish you could have all been here so we could have gone on that walk!!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #30
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Since Saturday we've had a wet mushy snow and ice, been in a flood watch (with heavy rain), had the sun come out and melt the snow and this evening it's snowing again!!! All in 3 days!!! It's been crazy here!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote