4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 02-27-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
mommaof4boys

Smile The power of prayer

Two weeks ago my father-in-law was diagnosed with cancer in his right lung. The cancer was so bad that he was suppose to have surgery tomorrow morning in Little Rock at UAMS to remove the entire right lung.
Our entire family has been devistated at this news. We have had him placed on church prayer lists, and been saying prayers every single day that God will protect him and heal him. He has been so sick that he couldn't do anything without getting winded and having to sit down before he would sometimes black out from not getting enough oxygen.
Yesterday the doctor called him in to have one final CT scan before he went to Little Rock today to be preped for the dangerous surgery. After the CT scan the doctor called him back on his cell phone and told him that he had to come back down there right away because there was something that he had to show him. David knew something was either really bad or really good because he went to Wal-mart the night before and walked all over the store and never ran out of breath or had to sit and rest.
When he got back to the clinic the doctor showed him the CT pictures from two weeks ago and the one from yesterday.. The doctor didn't know what to say! The cancer is GONE!! The right lung is completly clear! They have absolutly no explanation for it at all. They used the same machine both times so there was nothing wrong with the machine.
Now he doesn't have to have surgery or chemo or anything for that matter. The doctors will continue to watch him over the following months to make sure that nothing comes back, etc.
He is just beside himself with joy and thanks to God for giving him a second chance to live his life and watch his grandkids grow up! This is proof that God works miracles.

I have attached some pictures of him that I took the day we found out about the cancer.. I thought that these might be some of the last ones we ever took.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg david and mason.jpg (87.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg david and mason 2.jpg (72.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-27-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

I am so happy for your family. I truly believe God still works miracles.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

So glad to hear of his improvement. Hope all continues to go well!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:00 PM   #4
mommaof4boys

We are all still in shock over this news!! Very thankful, but in shock!! He has so sick just a week or so ago. Now he is completly recovered!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:51 PM   #5
Taurus Babe

Wow that's something else! Great news!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:53 AM   #6
HALEY

Great news Heather,
I totally believe in God and the power of pray works wonders.
i keep this little reminder on my wall at work and read it everyday.

HAPPY MOMENTS, PRAISE GOD
DIFFICULT MOMENTS, SEEK GOD
QUIET MOMENTS, WORSHIP GOD
PAINFUL MOMENTS, TRUST GOD
EVERY MOMENT, THANK GOD

Keep up the faith Heather.
ps and your baby is beautiful !!!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:35 AM   #7
mommaof4boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY
Great news Heather,
I totally believe in God and the power of pray works wonders.
i keep this little reminder on my wall at work and read it everyday.

HAPPY MOMENTS, PRAISE GOD
DIFFICULT MOMENTS, SEEK GOD
QUIET MOMENTS, WORSHIP GOD
PAINFUL MOMENTS, TRUST GOD
EVERY MOMENT, THANK GOD

Keep up the faith Heather.
ps and your baby is beautiful !!!

that is beautiful! Thanks as so much for sharing that!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:46 AM   #8
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof4boys
that is beautiful! Thanks as so much for sharing that!
Your welcome Heather, God has spared my mother from death a so many times, and i am so greatful to him for that... my family is so blessed, and i pray for them every night.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:05 AM   #9
mommaof4boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY
Your welcome Heather, God has spared my mother from death a so many times, and i am so greatful to him for that... my family is so blessed, and i pray for them every night.

Thats amazing. To be honest with you I watched my young aunt be tortured by cancer for almost a year straight before she passed away. It was the sadest thing that I ever said. She was the most religious person I have ever met. She would do anything for anyone. She was the most caring person I have ever met.. When our prayers weren't answered for her and her life wasn't spared, I went through a time where I almost completly stopped believing.. Gradually over time I started to believe again. This has just proven that when it's your time to go home to the Lord, It's just your time.. It is truelly up to him when we go home and when we stay here on earth.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:37 AM   #10
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof4boys
Thats amazing. To be honest with you I watched my young aunt be tortured by cancer for almost a year straight before she passed away. It was the sadest thing that I ever said. She was the most religious person I have ever met. She would do anything for anyone. She was the most caring person I have ever met.. When our prayers weren't answered for her and her life wasn't spared, I went through a time where I almost completly stopped believing.. Gradually over time I started to believe again. This has just proven that when it's your time to go home to the Lord, It's just your time.. It is truelly up to him when we go home and when we stay here on earth.
I use to work in personal care, and i have seen a lot of people die, some are peaceful, and some are just down right terrible, it does rock your faith some days, you just have to trust in a higher power. No one knows how long they will be here or when that day will come, i try to live everyday to the fullest, and when i wake up in the mornings, and see my sons beautiful face i thank God for another day with him.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:46 AM   #11
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
What a wonderful miracle to have happen and to know that God truly does answer prayers. What a blessing for your family.

Our own Debbie here at 4WT is battling cancer. We have a site where we keep a candle lit for her and I know I would appreciate everyone lighting a candle for her and asking God to heal her too. We have been a small group for quite some time here at 4WT and have gotten as close as some families. I believe if we can still stay close and hold each other in prayer...that miracles will happen and prayers will be answered.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:27 AM   #12
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Your family has really been blessed, Heather!!! God is so good!!! I believe in the power of prayer too, but it still amazes me when prayers are answered. What a testimony your Dad has!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #13
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Thank you for sharing this with us. I too believe in the power of prayer, but it is still SUCH a blessing to witness it in action!