4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 04-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

Arrrrrr

(Sorry for the long post)

OK, am I missing something here! My neighbors (who profess to be great Christians are driving us crazy. It really started when they were building their house about 4-5 years ago.

During construction of their home, they would constantly break things in our yard. They would run over the sprinkler system. Trash would all come to our yard. When we tried to talk with them about it, they said " you don't understand, we are building the biggest house in the neighborhood and we need that space (on our property) to build the house. No apology for the damage to our property.

So, my DH went out and bought some of that orange construction fence and put it up between our houses and fixed the damage to the sprinkler system and yard.

Time goes by, they damage things a few more times while building, never offering to repair or apologize for any thing.

Now they move in. I walk out to the side of our house and catch the husband peeing on the fence (how disgusting) why couldn't he take the 5 steps and go to the house.

I don't think I have mentioned that they have 2 teenage boys yet. I don't think they have been taught the difference between right and wrong. They always came out and played golf on the front lawn, sending the balls into everyone’s yard.

They grow up and move out. One goes on to be youth minister at his church. He has just moved back in with his parents and has resorted to his old ways.

My Dh was mowing the lawn and pulling weeds out of the front yard when the kid started to play golf on everyone's yard sending the golf ball flying at everyone’s house.

My DH is not one to sit back and put up with BS, so when he sees the kid do this, he tells him to stop. He starts screaming that my DH is a bad man and hits dog, attacks girls, everyone in the neighborhood hates us because he's a thug, bla bla bla. My DH says don't forget, I push old people too. Now go run home to your Mommy and Daddy.

The kid doesn't stop and continues to yell and scream bad things about my DH all the way don't the block, paying golf. I don't think I mentioned that there was a house being worked on and all of the construction workers were watching the whole thing. The kid even sent a ball flying into the area where they were working.

When I DH finally challenged him and said the only bad people around here is your family, (exposing themselves, destroying other people’s property etc. He went home.

Now I ask this. How do you feel about this kid being the youth leader at a AOG church where he will lead/guide young people? What kind of example could he possibly set for them?

He is the one who is nothing but a bully!!!

(They have their house up for sale; I pray that it gets sold soon!)

OK Yorkie Rescue-Another Chance at Love
goofywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

Send a message via Yahoo to katcarasella
I'll say a prayer it gets sold also. I'd probably be calling the police on them all the time, but I'm sure that's the wrong thing to do in your situation.
Are you able to talk to the parents at all? I wish I could give you some good advice, just hang in there and hopefully it'll be sold. I'm sure someone here will give you some positive advice.
to you

Kat
katcarasella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:30 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm with Kat on this one. You and your husband need to be the adults and take the high road concerning this kid. Keep praying they sell their house and can find one with a bathroom..lol
Old 04-26-2008, 06:58 AM   #4
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Wow I too hope their house sells fast.
How sad that one family can have such a negative affect, but I know for a fact that they can!
Old 04-26-2008, 07:42 AM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm sorry that you've had to deal with these people. You'll find that there are a lot of people who claim to be Christians but don't represent one very well, especially when they're out of the church. You'll probably find out that the church is already aware of the son's problems. I know that in our church we have people like that and the Pastor and church board are very aware of the situations. It's really hard to handle because they really need to be in church, just not in leadership positions.

The good news is that they're moving and you won't have to deal with them anymore!!!!! Yay!!!! We'll pray that the house sells quickly!!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
Dobie

I'm so sorry that you're going through this - I'll pray that their house sells quickly and that the new people will know what it means to be neighborly.
Dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #7
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
I'm sorry you are dealing with too, but it worries me more that such a man/boy/whatever has a position of influence over kids. I would make it a point to calmly and rationally speak with the pastor of the church. Our young people see and hear enough, if they are going to church to be a good person and do the right things, this person does not need to be in charge.