4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > The Positive Forum!

Old 05-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Happy Mothers Day!

I got to see my Mom today and gave her a card and gift.

My youngest and her finacee gave me a card and pretty wall clock with Labradors on it.

My son and his fiancee are taking me out for breakfast tomorrow.

My oldest brought me flowers and a card.

My oldest granddaughter spent her allowance this week on roses for me.

Greg says I have to wait till tomorrow for my gift from him.

So who else got goodies?
Old 05-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I won't know until tomorrow what I get if anything.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mom's here.

This year I am more grateful than ever before to have a kind, caring, compassionate mother who has always been there for me. I couldn't imagine my life without her. Our time together is even more precious to me after the scares this past year.

Mom, I love you and I am so thankful for all you've done for me. Through all the struggles and hard times, you have been an amazing source of strength and encouragement for me. You taught me to love and to care, to be respectful. Without you, I wouldn't be the person I am today. Thank you!

*hugs*
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles View Post
Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mom's here.

This year I am more grateful than ever before to have a kind, caring, compassionate mother who has always been there for me. I couldn't imagine my life without her. Our time together is even more precious to me after the scares this past year.

Mom, I love you and I am so thankful for all you've done for me. Through all the struggles and hard times, you have been an amazing source of strength and encouragement for me. You taught me to love and to care, to be respectful. Without you, I wouldn't be the person I am today. Thank you!

*hugs*
Aww girl you made me cry and you know that is hard to do. I have wonderful children that would make any mother proud. You have done a lot in becoming the smart caring young lady you are.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
mothersdayflowers.jpg All!
Hugs
Old 05-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

My husband makes me breakfast every weekend and we are having dinner out tomorrow with some family members . There is about 16 of us going to dinner.. It should be nice. My kids usually give me a present but I won't get it until tomorrow.

To all you wonderful moms enjoy the day, you alll deserve it...

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...Mothersday.jpg
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #7
Marilyn

I posted this in another thread, but Melissa spent the day with me today and brought me a gift of some special soaps she knew I'd like and a nice card.

Karen came down today to help her dad with the Parade of Homes, so she's here tonight.

Tomorrow night is our real Mother's day celebration. I'm going to San Antonio and Karen, Melissa & Garrett and I are all going out to eat and to a Spurs basketball game!! I'll spend the night with Karen and then off to Melissa's to take her for the final fitting of her bridal gown.

This whole weekend seems special though since hubby got awards for his Parade home and both girls have been down. We are truly so very blessed!!!

Happy Mothers Day to All!!!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:36 AM   #8
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 06:40 AM   #9
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
We did not have money for gifts this year. My kids cleaned the whole house this weekend and my husband got up early to fix breakfast this morning. I have a few small things for my mom and i will take them to her later today. It isn't what I wanted to get for her, but I guess its better than nothing. I hope everyone has a wonderful mother's day.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #10
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

Send a message via Yahoo to katcarasella
Happy Mothers Day to you as well.

MOTHERS DAY.gifth_happy_mothers_day.gif

Kat
katcarasella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #11
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra Amaya View Post
We did not have money for gifts this year. My kids cleaned the whole house this weekend and my husband got up early to fix breakfast this morning. I have a few small things for my mom and i will take them to her later today. It isn't what I wanted to get for her, but I guess its better than nothing. I hope everyone has a wonderful mother's day.
It was great very pretty flowers and potpourri, 2 beautiful picture frames for my empty shelves and beautiful cards.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #12
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

I hope everyone had a great Mothers Day!

OK Yorkie Rescue-Another Chance at Love
goofywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #13
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

Hope you all had a great day as well. I have told you the nice things Traci brought me. I put on the positive forum that Angela and Brendon came to church with me. They also took me out to eat and bought me nice soaps for my kitchen and my bathrooms. I love the soaps at bath and bodyworks.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:20 PM   #14
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

For Mother's day I got a Hydrangea that's absolutely beautiful!!! I got the movie "Message in a Bottle" and a card with a picture of a little boy in his overalls with the sweetest message inside that I cry everytime I look at it. Dae Lynn's gift to me is that she's going to drive me to Chicago in her car!!! (I still have to pay for the gas though!!) LOL!!!!

I got my Mom and MIL a gift box full of little gifts! When I was at the women's conference in Branson I saw a display sit up showing these gift boxes. When you order them you give the lady some information about who will be receiving the box and she prepares them for that specific person. Inside is a letter that explains how to proceed. My Mom said that she had several little gifts to open and each of them had a letter with it and she was really excited about receiving it! So far she's gotten several cd's, a book to read with a journal, some flower seeds, bubble bath, and she's not even finished with the first day yet! (I bought a 3 day package) I got one for my MIL too but I haven't heard a word from her about it. My husband finally said that she had received it but she didn't say anything about it. (Sigh) Oh well, I tried.

Here's her web-site if you're interested.

www.cottageprescriptions.com

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #15
HALEY

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day, mine was perfect! spent a week in Florida, my son Micah got me a Mickey mouse charm for my charm braclet, my dogs got me flowers, my mother took us to Hoss's for lunch, it was absolutley perfect....