4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 06-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I don't know how much testing has actually been done on these types of pills for weightloss, but Elaine, just be careful okay?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #17
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsygal37 View Post
Wow, I looked at that list of top weigh loss drugs and Fenphedra is rated #2 but would have been rated #1 had it not been for a trace of Oxycodone. The price is $179 per bottle but online you could get it for just under $68.00. Very expensive stuff. Elaine

I just looked up Fenphedra.I t's full of some interesting drugs, like marijuana, oxycodon, and who knows what else. How funny. They get you stoned, and then you forget about eating. Too bad it has a stimulant in the mix, otherwise, I'd take it!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:46 AM   #18
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsygal37 View Post
In defense of Alli. The loose stools and embarrassing moments come ONLY if you do not follow the low fat eating. If you eat a food that is high in fat THEN that will happen and it tells you that. They dont' hide that fact. It states that Alli is to be used with a low fat eating plan and with excersise. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and have no trouble but I'm eating a lot of veggies and low fat meats etc. Not fatty burgers, no cakes, etc. Elaine
You can also wear a pad, or even Depends until you lose the weight. One of the fat free potato chips has that effect too. It has something like olestra in it.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:24 AM   #19
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
You can also wear a pad, or even Depends until you lose the weight. One of the fat free potato chips has that effect too. It has something like olestra in it.
Hey Judy if you think about it, Walmarts does sell the diet pills by the depends, makes you wonder why they did that.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #20
Shada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I don't know how much testing has actually been done on these types of pills for weightloss, but Elaine, just be careful okay?
I have a friend who was taking one of these diet pills. Sorry, don't remember which right now, I do know she got it on line, but it is now sold at Walmart.
She went thru drastic mood swings, her family was really worried about her. She was suicidal etc. She had never been like this before. Thankfull she realized it was the pills doing, talked to her Doctor who had her get rid of them immediately. She was fine after stopping taking them.

Another friends husband took them for awhile. Same thing happened to him. He was acting totally out of character for him. Almost destroyed the marraige. He quit them and was fine.

So please, be very careful. Weight Watchers point system is fantastic and does work when used correctly.

Good luck to you Elaine. Losing weight is hard whichever method we use to lose it. I know I am starting the point system soon. Worked for me the last time, lost 30 pounds quickly, kept it off for 5 years, but this past winter I was lax and gained back 15 or so pounds.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:14 AM   #21
HALEY

None of you ladies need a diet pill to loose weight, its only a temporay fix! All you need to do is exercise and eat right, i know that sounds easy to do, but its not! You just have to get sick of yourself being overweight and say to yourself tomorrow i'm going to start, join ww, or a local gym, buddy up with someone and go walking at night or early in the morning, I was so sick of my self after i had my baby, i starved myself to drop the pounds, it was the wrong thing to do, i know that now, but i hated not fitting into my clothes, and told myself before i go back to work, this weight will be gone, i set my goal, busted butt exercising, very strict diet, and i did it! Yes, it was very hard, especially with my husband eatting junk food in front of me, steaks etc. But i was so proud of myself when i could fix back into my size 2 jeans!
You can do it! Get help from your doctor, friends, family, neighbors, My neighbor Val walks with me at night and when she is busy, i take the baby, no i don't like walking everyday, especially after working 8 hours a day, but i feel so good when i get on the scale and see my weight.
Good luck, let us know how you are doing.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:31 AM   #22
pope1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY View Post
None of you ladies need a diet pill to loose weight, its only a temporay fix! All you need to do is exercise and eat right, i know that sounds easy to do, but its not!

She is right. You've got to dig down deep and MAKE yourself. The results will take time, you will want to whine and cry and give up. It is an important lifestyle change.
Love yourself enough to take care of & help yourself
Don't give up on you, it's never too late... until it's too late
pope1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #23
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I've reached my WW goal! I lost 10.2 pounds and weight 130 pounds, which is what I was going for.

I'm pretty nervous about the move, so have been ting delicious, disgusting, fattening food. I'll gain some, but I'll take it off again.